• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos at Chargers

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Gordon keeping his starting job. He is on some thin ice obviously as a starter but part of football is emotion and adversity. Every team goes through it. Murray did a good job filling in and we can lean on him a bit more now. I don't really care who starts I care more about how you use the two and both are good backs in different types of situations. If Gordon becomes a cancer then we will have to move on but I don't think being upset over being pulled is a bad thing for Gordon. Use it as motivation, use it to get better. See how he rebounds from it. It has been a tough start for him and now he gets the opportunity to forget about everything in the past and look forward. He has to step it up. I have been the biggest Gordon advocate here and even I am growing thin with the guy this year but when he is at his best he makes us a better football team. The OL has sucked, Gordon has sucked... Patience is running thin but looking forward to him proving he belongs in the starting role. Go get it Mel!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade his fumble happy ass.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Gordon keeping his starting job. He is on some thin ice obviously as a starter but part of football is emotion and adversity. Every team goes through it. Murray did a good job filling in and we can lean on him a bit more now. I don't really care who starts I care more about how you use the two and both are good backs in different types of situations. If Gordon becomes a cancer then we will have to move on but I don't think being upset over being pulled is a bad thing for Gordon. Use it as motivation, use it to get better. See how he rebounds from it. It has been a tough start for him and now he gets the opportunity to forget about everything in the past and look forward. He has to step it up. I have been the biggest Gordon advocate here and even I am growing thin with the guy this year but when he is at his best he makes us a better football team. The OL has sucked, Gordon has sucked... Patience is running thin but looking forward to him proving he belongs in the starting role. Go get it Mel!
The fact that Gordon started the Chargers game and then for no discernable reason he was benched - makes the decision to do so curious. Certainly, the benching wasn't part of a strategy of any kind unless that strategy was to find a way to embarrass Gordon. It is just characteristically part of the weirdness that applies to an offense that refuses to go back to plays that worked or attack defenses at their weak point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Gordon started the Chargers game and then for no discernable reason he was benched - makes the decision to do so curious. Certainly, the benching wasn't part of a strategy of any kind unless that strategy was to find a way to embarrass Gordon. It is just characteristically part of the weirdness that applies to an offense that refuses to go back to plays that worked or attack defenses at their weak point.
100% agree with this. He wasn’t benched for fumbling since he didn’t fumble in this game after being the starter. I get Murray getting carries and giving him more volume in this game but odd move to go from 3 carries from the start to complete benching. Seems like odd timing to me and chemistry issues doing it the way it was done.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And blaming it on "we only had 32 snaps in the second half" is about as dumb an excuse as you'll find in the NFL.

The more I see this unravel, the more I get Josh 2.0

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And blaming it on "we only had 32 snaps in the second half" is about as dumb an excuse as you'll find in the NFL.

The more I see this unravel, the more I get Josh 2.0
I mean Josh started 6-0 and gave us all false confidence, I think we can safely say Hackett is nothing like Josh so far.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to stay positive as Alex Singleton had an outstanding game with 19 tackles and did fairly well in coverage (his weakness). He was all over the field and had a great game.

Offensive player of the game goes to McManus for the 6th straight week (ha, ha, ha,).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to stay positive as Alex Singleton had an outstanding game with 19 tackles and did fairly well in coverage (his weakness). He was all over the field and had a great game.

Offensive player of the game goes to McManus for the 6th straight week (ha, ha, ha,).
21 tackles. 19 solo, 2 assist.

Browning and Surtain are Positive thoughts here too.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 tackles. 19 solo, 2 assist.

Browning and Surtain are Positive thoughts here too.
Surtain is amazing. Teams just aren't throwing at him much as it is a losing proposition. Browning has been great as well since Gregory went down. This defense is legit. Sad to see that yet again the offense is dragging this team down.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Charger game may have been the tipping point.
A division win, 3-3 in the AFC when there are so many team at .500
Realistic chance to enter the bye at 4-4, 5-3 right in the hunt

Sad the team's O couldn't generate enough offense to pull out a 19-16 win.