• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broadcasters and favoritism

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just my take on how the announcers for these playoff games seem to favor one team over the other or are there other that notice this? I may be way of base and simply dilusional..

I've detected what I believe to be a bias in some of these announcers. It's very subtle but it's there in remarks that are made about a team and players but most notable when one team scores a run or makes a great play it's noted with a matter of fact announcement but when an other team scores or dioes something good the excitement in the announcers voices are off the chart. I won't say which teams I think are being favored but I will give one example of which substanciates my theory.

During game 4 of the Braves Dodgers there were a number of off hand remarks made by Ron Darling and Cal Ripkin which were subtle but pretty much suggested which team they wanted to win. In fact, when Juan Uribe hit the two run HR to put the Dodgers ahead but Darling and Ripkin were speachless. darling managed to uitter a few words but Ripken couldn't say anything. His demeaner showed him as almost pissed. It took him awhile before he could even say something. Yet, when the Braves scored the run to put them ahead of the Dodgers 3 - 2 he was as bubbly and energetic as he could be.

It isn't just the Braves / Dodgers but all the playoff games I've noticed favoritism. I understand home team announcers being partial but National telecasts should have unbias announcers.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever hear McCarver do a Cardinals game???

talk about bias commentating

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Vin Scully is still the best.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just my take on how the announcers for these playoff games seem to favor one team over the other or are there other that notice this? I may be way of base and simply dilusional..

I've detected what I believe to be a bias in some of these announcers. It's very subtle but it's there in remarks that are made about a team and players but most notable when one team scores a run or makes a great play it's noted with a matter of fact announcement but when an other team scores or dioes something good the excitement in the announcers voices are off the chart. I won't say which teams I think are being favored but I will give one example of which substanciates my theory.

During game 4 of the Braves Dodgers there were a number of off hand remarks made by Ron Darling and Cal Ripkin which were subtle but pretty much suggested which team they wanted to win. In fact, when Juan Uribe hit the two run HR to put the Dodgers ahead but Darling and Ripkin were speachless. darling managed to uitter a few words but Ripken couldn't say anything. His demeaner showed him as almost pissed. It took him awhile before he could even say something. Yet, when the Braves scored the run to put them ahead of the Dodgers 3 - 2 he was as bubbly and energetic as he could be.

It isn't just the Braves / Dodgers but all the playoff games I've noticed favoritism. I understand home team announcers being partial but National telecasts should have unbias announcers.

Yeah you gotta be kidding me. Everyone down here noticed the announcers sucking Puigs cock the entire series. From most peoples POV down here they were all over LA and were crap talking the Braves unless they were ahead.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you gotta be kidding me. Everyone down here noticed the announcers sucking Puigs cock the entire series. From most peoples POV down here they were all over LA and were crap talking the Braves unless they were ahead.

My bad, I should have specified that only humans reply. Didn't realize a sick bitter critter would pop up

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulldog weren't you the guy bashing the Dodgers when the Angels were good? Stop acting like you're a Dodgers fan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of announcers, whoever this play-by-play man is has already called two curveballs fastballs.

How do you make that mistake?

thequietone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that does NY Giant or Jet games on fox and cbs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst homerism is Hawk Harrelson for the White Sox. Its unbearable.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilariously sad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFrHM8uP9g]Hawk has adverse reaction to White Sox error in ninth - YouTube[/ame]

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulldog weren't you the guy bashing the Dodgers when the Angels were good? Stop acting like you're a Dodgers fan.

Yes you are right, I did criticise the Dodgers and I am an Angels fan. If you read my posts you know that I also criticise the Angels. Just because I'm a fan of a team doesn't mean I'm not going to say anything when they are playing like crap.

I will say I was not a Dodgers fan when Rupert Murdock and Frank McCourt owned the Dodgers. I refuse to support a team owned by scumballs. Just as I refused to be a fan and support the Raiders when they were in L.A. because of their A-hole owner Al Davis.