• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

British Parliament wants Redskins to change name or NFL send a different team

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A foreign government affecting NFL plans and potentially hitting the NFL where it matters...in the pocketbook.

OK. Fair points. If a name change were to come about, and I think it will eventually. I hope its not due to some foreign entity putting pressure on the NFL.

And please, please don't let it be some stupid ass name like Monuments.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one way to clear this up. A Gung Ho Redskin fan should should make a YouTube video of himself going to a reservation and saying to every native person they see, "sup redskin?". That should give us an idea of if they're offended, or if they're "honored" by it.

Why don't you do it, homey. In the interest of having no prejudices or partiality one way or the other. Like an undercover expose or experiment. Oh, and for a secondary experiment, call every female you happen to come across on the reservation a squaw.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Brits. We agree to this, next thing they'll be quartering their troops in our houses and taxing tea again! It's a slippery slope is what it is!
It's bad enough they ripped off rock n roll from us.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world is just too PC for Washington to keep the name for much longer IMO. It's just a headache that the owners won't want at some point. Like I said, all it is going to take is for one large sponsor to get on board with the idea and it will be over. If the head of Gatorade took the stance that the redskins need the name change tomorrow, the Redskins name would be gone by the end of next season.

Gatorade would have to become a bundle of faggots first. Maybe they already are, I don't know.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you do it, homey. In the interest of having no prejudices or partiality one way or the other. Like an undercover expose or experiment. Oh, and for a secondary experiment, call every female you happen to come across on the reservation a squaw.

Because I'm not one of the people speaking for them, homey.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Fair points. If a name change were to come about, and I think it will eventually. I hope its not due to some foreign entity putting pressure on the NFL.

And please, please don't let it be some stupid ass name like Monuments.

They should change it to Savages, remove any images of Native Americans and say it has nothing to do with the Native Americans and if you think it refers to you, then that's on you. No, I'm not being serious.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should change it to Savages, remove any images of Native Americans and say it has nothing to do with the Native Americans and if you think it refers to you, then that's on you. No, I'm not being serious.

I like it. The big question though is can the Skins play like savages and not the savaged.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How convenient that the guy with the big list (which in itself means nothing - I could produce a similar list for just about anything) just happens to be an Eagles fan. Again - change the name if needed. I would just like to stop seeing so many phonies pretending to care about this issue.

Lots of dumb Eagles fans. Luckily, I balance them out.

I don't think this comes down along rivalry lines. Either someone is a social justice warrior douchebag or they're a mature, accepting individual.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of dumb Eagles fans. Luckily, I balance them out.

I don't think this comes down along rivalry lines. Either someone is a social justice warrior douchebag or they're a mature, accepting individual.

Hey - if you are advocating this since you believe in the cause then more power to you. I just question the motives of some others on this one. Hmmm - I don't know - like maybe a certain douchebag Senator from Nevada. I apologize if you sincerely believe in this cause.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - if you are advocating this since you believe in the cause then more power to you. I just question the motives of some others on this one. Hmmm - I don't know - like maybe a certain douchebag Senator from Nevada. I apologize if you sincerely believe in this cause.

Haha I think we come at this from 180 degrees apart. I believe in the cause of letting them name the team whatever they damn well please. I respect more someone just poking at a rival than someone who really feels the natives are being so offended by this name that it must be changed or else - offendedness!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was this twenty years ago? Fuck off, British. Go brush your teeth.