• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring Frank Clark Back?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is getting kicked out of Denver.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see much downside to bringing him in on a cheap deal to play on situational downs

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy La GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't want Clark back. Seattle is not deep playoff bound or Super Bowl bound at this point IMO with Geno at the helm... I'd rather get Hall/Mafe and our younger DL guys as many reps as possible. We spent an early 2nd on Mafe and Hall... get em' out there... and Morris/Adams have looked pretty good so far.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave this more thought and now say an emphatic NO to Frank Clark. He really isn't even all that consistently good and like others, I would rather let our young guys continue to develop. Honestly, there's no trade pieces or FAs out there right now that are worth a damn. We aren't a SB contender yet despite what some people may think. Still some work to do and we need some off-season moves and one more good draft. Somehow move up to get a Drake Maye or Michael Penix and this team becomes a legit contender in a hurry. Fwiw, I think our defense could be a top 10 unit by season's end if we can stay healthy. And I think we can beat a team like Dallas on the right day. I'm not giving up on the season but knew going in we were a 10-11 win WC team with a shot at maybe getting to the div rd if we can land in the 5 seed and play the NFCS winner. I still believe that. Shopping for has been mediocre talent right now is a waste of resources. Let these kids grow together and create something really special.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave this more thought and now say an emphatic NO to Frank Clark. He really isn't even all that consistently good and like others, I would rather let our young guys continue to develop. Honestly, there's no trade pieces or FAs out there right now that are worth a damn. We aren't a SB contender yet despite what some people may think. Still some work to do and we need some off-season moves and one more good draft. Somehow move up to get a Drake Maye or Michael Penix and this team becomes a legit contender in a hurry. Fwiw, I think our defense could be a top 10 unit by season's end if we can stay healthy. And I think we can beat a team like Dallas on the right day. I'm not giving up on the season but knew going in we were a 10-11 win WC team with a shot at maybe getting to the div rd if we can land in the 5 seed and play the NFCS winner. I still believe that. Shopping for has been mediocre talent right now is a waste of resources. Let these kids grow together and create something really special.

I mean frankly if you hit on this draft you should be good to go. You really don't need to hit on 3 drafts in a row to make something great.

It's way too early to tell, but through 5 games:

Witherspoon is an A+ (3rd best corner in the league according to PFF) - so far have to eat crow there.
JSN hard to tell. He looks bleh, but part of that is Geno. He could've been 5 receptions 80 yards and a TD last week quite easily.
Hall has been okay so far. He was a bit raw like Mafe but Mafe is becoming one of the better EDGE in the league at the moment.
Charbonnet has looked great, just not getting a ton of reps and I don't know why Carroll keeps marching Dallas out there for anything other than returns.
Oluwatimi has looked serviceable.
Bradford has flashes of greatness but then some bad moments like the final play of last week.
Morris has looked good.
Young just hasn't gotten much of an opportunity.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't want Clark back. Seattle is not deep playoff bound or Super Bowl bound at this point IMO with Geno at the helm... I'd rather get Hall/Mafe and our younger DL guys as many reps as possible. We spent an early 2nd on Mafe and Hall... get em' out there... and Morris/Adams have looked pretty good so far.
I dunno... I've seen some very mediocre QBs go to the SB. Geno is every bit as good as the likes of Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Stan Humphries, Neil O'Donnell, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc. Hell, even our own Matt Hasselbeck didn't post the numbers Geno did last year at any point in his very good career. With QBs like Geno, you have to put as much talent around them as you can in order to maximize your chance to win. To me, Frank Clark might fit that strategy. I would agree, however, that there is a tough decision on whether to have him here at the expense of reps for younger players who may help is more in the long run if they get more snaps how. I am sorta glad I don't have to make that decision.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno... I've seen some very mediocre QBs go to the SB. Geno is every bit as good as the likes of Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Stan Humphries, Neil O'Donnell, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc. Hell, even our own Matt Hasselbeck didn't post the numbers Geno did last year at any point in his very good career. With QBs like Geno, you have to put as much talent around them as you can in order to maximize your chance to win. To me, Frank Clark might fit that strategy. I would agree, however, that there is a tough decision on whether to have him here at the expense of reps for younger players who may help is more in the long run if they get more snaps how. I am sorta glad I don't have to make that decision.

I know he's on a shit team, but the point is Frank Clark isn't playing better than any of our EDGE rushers or DEs... there's no space for him on this team. If Nwosu/Mafe were both out, fine... maybe you got me there. Even Hall is playing better than him and Hall actually (limited number of snaps I get) looks pretty solid in coverage.

Clark is no better than Taylor at this point... difference is Taylor is cheap, we spent a 2nd round on him, and we don't have to give up anything for him. And at least Taylor is an RFA next year and 26, so you might as well try and get something out of him although I think Seattle just let's him walk.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's on a shit team, but the point is Frank Clark isn't playing better than any of our EDGE rushers or DEs... there's no space for him on this team. If Nwosu/Mafe were both out, fine... maybe you got me there. Even Hall is playing better than him and Hall actually (limited number of snaps I get) looks pretty solid in coverage.

Clark is no better than Taylor at this point... difference is Taylor is cheap, we spent a 2nd round on him, and we don't have to give up anything for him. And at least Taylor is an RFA next year and 26, so you might as well try and get something out of him although I think Seattle just let's him walk.
Well, Clark has barely played this year, right? Not even sure we know how well he's playing, present tense. We certainly don't know how well he might do if we plugged him into this team right now. However, we do know his track record and have a pretty good idea of what his skills are. Jarran Reed is probably playing better now than at any point in his career, and he's about the same age as Frank Clark. There is something to be said for the right fit.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Clark has barely played this year, right? Not even sure we know how well he's playing, present tense. We certainly don't know how well he might do if we plugged him into this team right now. However, we do know his track record and have a pretty good idea of what his skills are. Jarran Reed is probably playing better now than at any point in his career, and he's about the same age as Frank Clark. There is something to be said for the right fit.

Fair. That said, given where the team is at now and the youth/depth at EDGE, I'd rather just keep it where it is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nailed it

we could still use a younger player too, clark should only be playing in pass rush situations

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes more sense now that Nwosu's out... Didn't make sense to me when Nwosu was playing... I'll definitely be rooting for him to succeed because he's a Hawk now...

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know I said a week ago I'd rather keep as is, but that was obviously before Nwosu was out for the year.

Hall should be a force in this league if like Mafe he picks up the mental game a bit more. He was a freak athlete in College, but lacked a bit of the IQ, very much like Mafe. A bit of a raw player. Mafe only played about 30% of the snaps last year, did well (similar to Hall so far) but letting him slowly develop or getting limited reps while marching a vet out there a bit more consistently like Clark seems to be the better approach. That said, I think Hall's snaps will increase (currently about 30%)

Also, you've gotta have some depth for Mafe whether Hall/Taylor/Clark. Having Mafe out there like 85% snaps on EDGE when he's only playing around 65% this year is a recipe for disaster (Nwosu's play dropped off quite a bit when he was asked to be out there more). Either he'll get injured or his play will drop off and given he's only 2 years in confidence issues could surface especially since he's almost a top 20 EDGE at the moment. Clark was playing about 60-70% of snaps in KC and was 'okay'... obviously Denver's defense is a train wreck so I imagine he'll play better here.

I wouldn't mind:
Mafe - 65% snaps.
Clark - 45-50% snaps.
Hall - 45-50% snaps.
Taylor - 35% snaps.
Other - 5 (Bellore/Rhattigan/Smith/Thomas)

Basically Clark/Hall 50/50... Taylor to give Mafe rest (basically what he is doing now)... fill in some other guys here and there for certain plays or a bit of all around rest on non-critical downs. Obviously I liked Nwosu/Hall around 65/35... as Nwosu is more valuable than Clark at the moment, but it's what it is.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid move and not much of a surprise to me with Nwosu going down. Linemen get hurt a lot, and you play several of them at a time. Odds are we haven't seen the last DL injury of the season with 11 games left.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you guys say with Nwosu out signing Clark makes sense. FYI only 4 teams have more sacks than the Seahawks at this point, we want that to continue or even improve.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you guys say with Nwosu out signing Clark makes sense. FYI only 4 teams have more sacks than the Seahawks at this point, we want that to continue or even improve.

True... going to be an interesting test this game against the Browns who have a good OL and even with Chubb out a solid run game...

One of the better rush offenses going against one of the better rush defenses (ignoring matchups). Should be interesting. If we can continue to shut down the run I can't imagine Walker doing much. I know they beat the 49ers, but that was 100% due to their defense... which of course brings our own concerns.

This could be a 10-9 type of game lol. I know Curhan is the better run blocker, but I wish Forsythe could play RT with Smith lined up there. I think this game has to be won through the air.