• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring back Fairley

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner does not expect the team to re-sign impending free agent DT Nick Fairley.

Fairley recorded just half a sack in his first year with the Rams, but he was consistently disruptive and earned a solid grade against the run from Pro Football Focus. The Rams have several important pieces on defense including both starting corners headed to free agency, and DT Michael Brockers is entering the final year of his deal. With Los Angeles focused on other players, Wagoner believes Fairley will get a better offer somewhere else.

Oh man. I'd love it if BQ brought Fairley back.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams overpaid him as a backup. But wasn't that the case 96% of the time... Lions starters are backups on other teams.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Mayhew won't be responsible for all his changes in weight gain or lost. I hope or would guess.

Does Mayhew still control his immaturity issues as well as being a Lazy fat ass that gives 100% effort 20% of the time..

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions do need more fans to watch the fames, and with Fairly they get a guy that can watch it from the line of scrimmage!!!!!!!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our new hybrid front 43 Ansah, Fairley, Jarran Reed, Taylor and 34 Ansah, Reed, Fairley :drool:

I've read about your like of Jarran Reed. He's good and possesses the talent to get better but needs to work on his repertoire of pass rush moves. Most of these kids need work in that area and technique.

I wouldn't be disappointed though.

Jihad Ward is simialr to Reed, imo, just a cheaper version. Reed has more power and probably better at disruption, imo, but Ward has better speed and speed that converts to power. Ward was killing the bag drills with a club at the Senior Bowl while the bags consistently hitting the turf during those drills. He was used primarily as a 5-tech DE down there from what i witnessed. I still like him though.

would love to see those fronts. minus Fairley though for me. maybe go @gandydancer route and select two DT's. This is one of the best class of DT's that I've seen in quite a few years. The other DT could be agile, lateral speed guy who can disrupt from the 3-tech while Reed or someone like him at 2-tech and the ocassional 1-tech in a 3-4.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read about your like of Jarran Reed. He's good and possesses the talent to get better but needs to work on his repertoire of pass rush moves. Most of these kids need work in that area and technique.

Not really he would play 2 tech just like Suh did(2014) on passing downs all he needs is the ability to bull rush to collapse the pocket. He is not a pass rusher and should not be drafted with that in mind.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really he would play 2 tech just like Suh did(2014) on passing downs all he needs is the ability to bull rush to collapse the pocket. He is not a pass rusher and should not be drafted with that in mind.

gotcha. He's got a great bull rush just from such raw power and able to push pocket. He can shed single blockers and eat up combo's and still disengage to run stuff.

do you mind giving more of your breakdown when in running downs

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotcha. He's got a great bull rush just from such raw power and able to push pocket. He can shed single blockers and eat up combo's and still disengage to run stuff.

do you mind giving more of your breakdown when in running downs

Line him up as a NT(43) in front of the LG controlling both the A and B gaps freeing up the Wil to play clean up or coverage. I've been watching a ton of Alabama film(mostly highlight) looking at him, Robinson, and Ragland all 3 of whom would be solid picks for us. Honestly i'd be just as happy with Robinson he has tons of upside as a pass rusher or 5 tech in a 34.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always heard talk of switching to a 3-4 base when Austin came to town. IMO two options this year. Draft the kids your speaking of who are a hybrid type if you will for both. On the other hand with LB and interior short handed. Between FA and the draft this is the year to switch with so many pieces not assembled for either base IMO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have next to no LBs we would really have a lot of work to do to switch to a 3-4. Its my preference for scheme but it can be difficult to find the right guys for the middle.

I am on the fence with Fairly. I guess if he can play well on weekends (Walker can handle the weekday games) and late in games (when Ngata is out of gas) he might be useful.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have next to no LBs we would really have a lot of work to do to switch to a 3-4. Its my preference for scheme but it can be difficult to find the right guys for the middle.

But Levy and Van Noy are going to be awesome this upcoming season.

You guys don't know what you're talking about

sincerely
Homer

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Levy and Van Noy are going to be awesome this upcoming season.

You guys don't know what you're talking about

sincerely
Homer

Sweet, can you also get Broyles a job? Titus another lawyer and the entire 2011 draft class an extension on unemployment?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, can you also get Broyles a job? Titus another lawyer and the entire 2011 draft class an extension on unemployment?

No can do.

My limit is players drafted in 2014 or extensions to players in 2015 that will provide minimal to nothing in the impact department.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch to a 34 and let Van Noy rush the passer. Let's see what happens. He wasn't a 2nd round prospect because of his coverage abilities. He's being misused.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch to a 34 and let Van Noy rush the passer. Let's see what happens. He wasn't a 2nd round prospect because of his coverage abilities. He's being misused.

I think that is his only hope. He has been lost out there.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner does not expect the team to re-sign impending free agent DT Nick Fairley.

Fairley recorded just half a sack in his first year with the Rams, but he was consistently disruptive and earned a solid grade against the run from Pro Football Focus. The Rams have several important pieces on defense including both starting corners headed to free agency, and DT Michael Brockers is entering the final year of his deal. With Los Angeles focused on other players, Wagoner believes Fairley will get a better offer somewhere else.

Oh man. I'd love it if BQ brought Fairley back.
It all depends on the salary cap. Some teams are in a better position to sign him rather than Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't he have to be used in order to be misused?

(Sorry, it was right there for the picking.)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the DT talk i figured you guys might want to see this PFF chart for DT/NT