• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Briggs coming back?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying Briggs might be back against Philly. Is he going to take over play calling? Do you think he could spark this defense? I think he could make a pretty big impact if he makes the start. Kasheem Greene will probably give his spot up, but I think Briggs could help this defense at least back to average.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Briggs is supposed to be back Sunday night.

I believe he can definitely make an impact, and I'm 99.99999999% certain he'll take over play calling once again.

He'll provide a spark, and should definitely provide much needed help in run support. What also should come as a result of his return, is improved play from the rest of the LB corp. Anderson's play (despite a good game Sunday) has dropped off since Briggs left, and Bostic has really struggled. I think having Briggs along side him SHOULD help Bostic out a bit. I don't think Bostic is a starting NFL MLB (suited to play on the outside, IMO), but if he can play serviceably, the Bears defense will benefit greatly.

I agree. Prior to Briggs going down this defense certainly was not good. However, it wasn't a pushover either. His return could be big, and if this defense can just bend and not break. The Bears have a shot to start playing some good football, IMO. All speculation, obviously. We see two tough offenses here in the final two weeks. (Assuming AR is back for week 17)

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite missing 7 weeks, Briggs is still 4th in the league in Run Stuffs (tackles on running plays, at or behind the line of scrimmage) this season. With Briggs' impact, coupled with Ratliff's improvement, the run D should be much better. Not the best in the league, but certainly not the worst.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, conditioning won't be too much of a factor.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, conditioning won't be too much of a factor.

Yea, I seriously doubt he will be playing every down every series. He can't be in that kind of condition, at least I wouldn't think so. So we should see plenty of Greene as well.