• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Briere

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am not mistaken...

Retire=We get cap hit, Pronger gets no money

LTIR=We get no cap hit, Pronger gets money

LTIR lets everyone win, unless Pronger wants in the HHOF ASAP

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am not mistaken...

Retire=We get cap hit, Pronger gets no money

LTIR=We get no cap hit, Pronger gets money

LTIR lets everyone win, unless Pronger wants in the HHOF ASAP

i actually think pronger gets paid regardless.. not sure on that though

thing that concerns me is 1. he has to be willing to at least look like he's trying to come back.. and 2. bettman has to believe that he's trying even though just about everyone knows he's done

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

thing that concerns me is 1. he has to be willing to at least look like he's trying to come back.. and 2. bettman has to believe that he's trying even though just about everyone knows he's done

I'm sure the rest of the league will cry, but exceptions have to be made for circumstances like this. If Pronger wants to play but knows deep down he cannot, he should be allowed to retire without feeling guilty of leaving his team on the hook for his salary.

Pronger's injury is not a result of his age, which is what the +35 contracts are designed to deter against. This was a freak injury that only happens once in very long time. I think the NHL has to work with us on this one.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pronger gets paid regardless of if he retires or not.

I would be shocked if the league didn't allow Pronger to remain on LTIR...at least for the next season. Isn't Lappy still on LTIR?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pronger gets paid regardless of if he retires or not.

I would be shocked if the league didn't allow Pronger to remain on LTIR...at least for the next season. Isn't Lappy still on LTIR?

that's what gives me comfort.. lappy is basically a coach for the phantoms at this point.. its tough to call that a comeback attempt

what happened to betts? wasn't there a big to-do about him feeling better a couple months ago? the pk could sure use him, but ihavent heard a peep about him in months

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just as long as the player hangs around and is ready to play again if healthy that meets the stipulations. Its not like any of these guys were cut because of poor play and that's what the rule was put in place to deter. For all we know Pronger may take a year off and be fine...

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what gives me comfort.. lappy is basically a coach for the phantoms at this point.. its tough to call that a comeback attempt

what happened to betts? wasn't there a big to-do about him feeling better a couple months ago? the pk could sure use him, but ihavent heard a peep about him in months

They supposedly update their sites injury report every Monday,yet there has not been any reports on him in over 3 weeks?

HNIC had his name in lineup on 4th line for Saturdays game against Flames by mistake

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere looks pretty solid through 1.

And he's way smaller than couturier I'd you didn't know it. Very funny to see

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking scrub should never be allowed to take another shoot-out shot. WTF was that skaet in slam on the breaks almost fully stop forward momentum and try to what flip it over TT? What bullshit, he did the same dumb shit n the classic and it didn't work.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt think he was bad today.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish everybody would quit bitching about him and focus on our playoff run, yes he's had a mediocre season, but he has played a ton better and if he gets it going in the playoffs then that's all I give a shit about. Every one is welcome to their opinion but hey, it's almost playoff time, now let's see how the whole team reacts.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish everybody would quit bitching about him and focus on our playoff run, yes he's had a mediocre season, but he has played a ton better and if he gets it going in the playoffs then that's all I give a shit about. Every one is welcome to their opinion but hey, it's almost playoff time, now let's see how the whole team reacts.

Agree, we need this guy in the playoffs. If he gets going its another threat. He carried us the last 2 playoff runs.

He is starting to play better, just need to pot a few to regain confidence.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, we need this guy in the playoffs. If he gets going its another threat. He carried us the last 2 playoff runs.

He is starting to play better, just need to pot a few to regain confidence.

Yep just when you count him out he pays the piper. To be honest I'm more worried about guys throwing the fucking puck up the middle instead of clearing the zone!!! Yes I'm talking to you Simmonds and Read!!!! Well DB lost one too I don't play favorites.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep just when you count him out he pays the piper. To be honest I'm more worried about guys throwing the fucking puck up the middle instead of clearing the zone!!! Yes I'm talking to you Simmonds and Read!!!! Well DB lost one too I don't play favorites.

whoa that was bad!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whoa that was bad!

i'll third this.. they almost killed me with their stupidity yesterday

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere has been playing better as of late hope it continues throughout the playoffs as per usual. Simmonds i love the way you play but if you throw the puck up the middle like that i will jump through the TV and strangle you i missed reads but same goes for you.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere has been playing better as of late hope it continues throughout the playoffs as per usual. Simmonds i love the way you play but if you throw the puck up the middle like that i will jump through the TV and strangle you i missed reads but same goes for you.

Read's happened with under a minute to go. Bryz had to make 2 very hard saves to get us to overtime.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read i think just lost track of where he was on the ice.. a couple feet forward and that's not a disasterous pass cause it crosses the blueline.. but from where he was, that was horrible