• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Briere

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just gonna answer all ?'s quickly in one post.

-I said that teams what the cap to drop. Pronger's situation fucks us cause we just don't know if he can play or not.

-Brieres hand picked partners Hartnell, Leino, Prospall, Gagne, Knuble all did one thing for Briere they made room for him since he can't protect the puck himself. Briere is a shift player, but without big strong guys who are good puck possession guys he don't put up those kind of numbers.

-Trading a 22 year old with a ton of potential instead of moving a 34 year old who's on the downward slide makes no sense at all.

-Schenn is definitely ready to be a2nd line center, he's been playing way better then Briere lately and Cooter deserves a shot on the 3rd line. We are the highest scoring team in the league with Briere doing little to none most night, so why do we need him exactly?

- Awaz you didn't resign Jagr, Sestito or Harry Z. You alos didn't give Grossman enough of a raise he'll prob get around 3m a yr so you lose cap there. That's not even mentioning the next year you have Hartnell, Simmonds, Timo & Rinaldo all fa's and at least simmonds will get a nice raise. This is a big problem homer sucks at cap management and thinking that we can re-sign Kubina and GFrossman for fair value is a dream with what d-men are going for at the draft. Teams will overpay again during FA.

-We also can't count Pronger's cap hit out yet, he may be forced to retire and we may have to eat his contract so again we'd be a 6.5m. This is the number that everyone should assume we have to operate at for the time being.

Kerr you can keep praising Briere's playoffs #'s but the truth is he's been a scrub this year and has hurt this team almost every time he's been on the ice lately in one way or another(missed passes, turnovers, not playing defense). His time has run it's course here, he should have never been given a NTC he wasn't worth one or the $ he got.

I'm done talking about this for now I'll check back later for the next response saying " but he's awesome in the playoffs" to which I'll respond "if he's so awesome then where the fuck is our cup?"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just gonna answer all ?'s quickly in one post.

- Awaz you didn't resign Jagr, Sestito or Harry Z. You alos didn't give Grossman enough of a raise he'll prob get around 3m a yr so you lose cap there. That's not even mentioning the next year you have Hartnell, Simmonds, Timo & Rinaldo all fa's and at least simmonds will get a nice raise. This is a big problem homer sucks at cap management and thinking that we can re-sign Kubina and GFrossman for fair value is a dream with what d-men are going for at the draft. Teams will overpay again during FA.

-We also can't count Pronger's cap hit out yet, he may be forced to retire and we may have to eat his contract so again we'd be a 6.5m. This is the number that everyone should assume we have to operate at for the time being.

ya i left out sestito, harry z, and jagr.. jagr we talked about while you were typing haha.. and with the team i posted, i dont see sestito or harry z on the team

i'll buy that i went a little short on grossman, probably on kubina too, but we can bump them both up, say 3 and 5 if you want.. you still have 2.5 mil to sign a solid grinding forward for the 4th line

the pronger contract terrifies me. no disagreement there.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pronger's contract is going to fuck us somehow.

Also I like Sestito in the line-up he's a big gritty guy who can skate and has some skill that will protect out stars against the big dude Rinaldo can't.

With the positive impact Jagr has had on this locker room I can't see him not being re-signed for his work ethic alone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also I like Sestito in the line-up he's a big gritty guy who can skate and has some skill that will protect out stars against the big dude Rinaldo can't.

With the positive impact Jagr has had on this locker room I can't see him not being re-signed for his work ethic alone.

i like sestito too, but i really dont think he's necessary.. rinaldo will go with anyone to stand up for a teammate.. and i think simmonds, hartnell, and talbot will help with the rest.. actually, sestito in for rinaldo is fine with me.. same cap space, i think, they're at least close.. maybe sestito is .9.. have em both on the roster as the 12/13.. i cant imagine sestito gets over 1 mil.. bringing the cap space down to 1.5 if you have kubina at 5 and grossman at 3 (over-estimates i think, especially kubina)

i just worry about how much jagr would cost, and that team (much like this team) is missing a shut-down line.. maybe couturier and read figure it all out and become that line, with schenn's help they can shut down guys.. but i think schenn and read especially are too gifted offensively to play the shutdown role (couturier is a step behind them offensively i think, which isn't surprising since he's 19)

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teams can go 10 percent over the cap, that will help, but yes the pronger, bryz, and briere contracts could all be big problems going forward.

Briere is still great come playoff time, can't blame him for playoff failures.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can go 10 percent over the cap, that will help, but yes the pronger, bryz, and briere contracts could all be big problems going forward.

Briere is still great come playoff time, can't blame him for playoff failures.

I'm not blaming Briere for playoff failures, and I don't blame him for his contract but he has to be willing to move on if the teams asks him to waive his NTC. That should have been discussed when he was signed and he can submit a list of teams he'd goto. It's not like he has to goto CBJ. There are tons of teams with cap space who need a 1st/2nd line center and maybe he can regain his old form. I just see him as the most expendable now. I would love to move Bryz too, but then we still have to pay for a goalie so in reality you'll save very little since the front office doesn't seem want to just use Bob.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not blaming Briere for playoff failures, and I don't blame him for his contract but he has to be willing to move on if the teams asks him to waive his NTC. That should have been discussed when he was signed and he can submit a list of teams he'd goto. It's not like he has to goto CBJ. There are tons of teams with cap space who need a 1st/2nd line center and maybe he can regain his old form. I just see him as the most expendable now. I would love to move Bryz too, but then we still have to pay for a goalie so in reality you'll save very little since the front office doesn't seem want to just use Bob.

Do you really want to trade Briere today? Its not gonna happen if thats what you want. Like I said you don't trade for Kubina and Grossman, THEN unload Briere, makes no sense for the playoffs THIS year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want to trade Briere today? Its not gonna happen if thats what you want. Like I said you don't trade for Kubina and Grossman, THEN unload Briere, makes no sense for the playoffs THIS year.

Unless it's Briere for Nash.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you get a good return for him from a bubble team who misses out on the big names and it will make you better in the further? Yes you most certainly unload him while you can, or at least you do if you understand cap management and get something worth it back. what if you could get a young d-man and a 1st? would you trade him then? considering just how deep we are up front and how much we could be fucked next year on D, and also considering that we have hardly any farm system.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If a great trade was presented for Briere you do it, his name hasn't even been mentioned this year in trades, this topic right now is useless.

Watch Briere will shine come playoffs again!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a great trade was presented for Briere you do it, his name hasn't even been mentioned this year in trades, this topic right now is useless.

Briere shines every playoff. Even when he was with Buffalo.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Briere that pansy ass skinny non scoring prick! Lol. I hope he decides to show up at some point. I won't hold my breath. If Buffalo made the playoffs, then I'd bet he would put up big numbers. However, teams like the Bruins or Rags, probably not. I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see any life in Briere. Just my opinion and you can tell me to fuck off if you want. I'm okay with that.:ss:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If he retires his contract will anally fuck us all.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires his contract will anally fuck us all.

if he retires we're gunna have to play w/ gust and bourdon in the lineup again until the trade deadline.. it basically eliminates the chance for us to resign 2 of kubina, grossman, or carle