• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Shaw fired.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a teacher I had in High School when I took auto shop. He used to tell us you can't make a chicken pie with chicken shit. The Nuggets did not have the ingredients to win, but Shaw simply was on his first coaching job ever and there was a reason that the Lakers did not give him his first job ever - HELLO!!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Shaw though and I still believe he will be a good coach in the NBA some day somewhere

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a teacher I had in High School when I took auto shop. He used to tell us you can't make a chicken pie with chicken shit. The Nuggets did not have the ingredients to win, but Shaw simply was on his first coaching job ever and there was a reason that the Lakers did not give him his first job ever - HELLO!!!!

The Lakers didn't hire him because he likely would have wanted to run the triangle and that's not what the Lakers are looking to do.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers didn't hire him because he likely would have wanted to run the triangle and that's not what the Lakers are looking to do.
I know that - and quite frankly I agreed with that. Even though Phil Jackson had brought leadership that led to five championship titles, I believed that the triangle had ran it's course in the NBA was obsolete. The NBA is a faster pace game now and the triangle is too slow. Teams with less talent have learned they can level the playing field some or a lot by being younger and faster. The reason it has still been a failure is because coaches like D'antoni and Mike Brown do nothing about defensive and without defense - there is nothing

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Brian Shaw to have succeeded, he would have had to dump the triangle and conditioned the players to run in Denver. They could have killed other teams in Denver like George Karl did and made up for their losses on the road. The Nuggets weren't nearly as good as they looked backed then in their records. The scheduling of their home teams vs visiting team on back to back and the altitude merely gave the Nuggets a distinct advantage. Brian Shaw did a poor job of capitalizing on that

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Shaw wasn't even surprised that Brian Shaw was fired... he has a very bad habit of letting relationships with his players deteriorate quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a very difficult time getting another head job.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Shaw wasn't even surprised that Brian Shaw was fired... he has a very bad habit of letting relationships with his players deteriorate quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a very difficult time getting another head job.
Maybe he could coach high school.