• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nuggets to hire Brian Shaw

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Nuggets have agreed to hire Brian Shaw as their head coach, according to the Denver Post.

Citing a league source, the Post is reporting that the Nuggets chose Shaw over former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, who was Denver's other top candidate for the job.

Shaw, 47, has never held a head coaching position in the NBA. After six seasons as an assistant to Phil Jackson with the Los Angeles Lakers, Shaw spent the past two seasons as an associate head coach with the Indiana Pacers.

Shaw would replace George Karl, the NBA's reigning coach of the year who led the Nuggets to a 57-win regular season but was fired following Denver's opening-round elimination in the playoffs.

Denver Nuggets agree to hire Brian Shaw as head coach, according to report - ESPN

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised he took that job. He's been very picky about his job in the past (the main reason he hasn't been hired) and Denver could be a team in flux roster wise depending on what the new front office decides to do. But I guess he decided he had to take a job at some point or teams would just stop offering

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised he took that job. He's been very picky about his job in the past (the main reason he hasn't been hired) and Denver could be a team in flux roster wise depending on what the new front office decides to do. But I guess he decided he had to take a job at some point or teams would just stop offering

Actually I've heard that it was more other teams were simply passing him over and some were questioning if it was that Shaw was just bad at interviews. Regardless, beggars can't always be choosers when it comes to your first head coaching gig. I'm just thrilled to see him off of the Pacers staff.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. Not sure how he will do, but this opportunity has been a long time coming. He should be coaching the Lakers right now.

Does anyone still think Mike Brown was a better choice? D'antoni?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. Not sure how he will do, but this opportunity has been a long time coming. He should be coaching the Lakers right now.

Does anyone still think Mike Brown was a better choice? D'antoni?

To answer your latter question.....yes. At least Mike Brown believes in defense. D'Antoni's strength didn't even suit the way the Lakers were built.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your latter question.....yes. At least Mike Brown believes in defense. D'Antoni's strength didn't even suit the way the Lakers were built.

Mike Brown is not a good coach. He won because of LeBron.

My point is that neither of them should have been hired. Yes, Brown > D'antoni

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please don't make me laugh. Mike Brown was a HORRIBLE hire. simply couldn't demand the respect necessary from his players...EVER...

not saying D'Antoni's much better, but anyone who thinks Brown was worth a damn is high on something...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more surprised than all of you. I heard he was going to LA. I guess that Doc deal was unexpected.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please don't make me laugh. Mike Brown was a HORRIBLE hire. simply couldn't demand the respect necessary from his players...EVER...

not saying D'Antoni's much better, but anyone who thinks Brown was worth a damn is high on something...

Both were terrible. I'm just pointing out that Mike Brown is at least a defensive minded coach. Cleveland rehiring this guy made me very optimistic for the 2014 free agency to keep Lebron in Miami. And yes, the only reason why he ever got those COY trophies was because of Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were terrible. I'm just pointing out that Mike Brown is at least a defensive minded coach. Cleveland rehiring this guy made me very optimistic for the 2014 free agency to keep Lebron in Miami. And yes, the only reason why he ever got those COY trophies was because of Lebron.

Yeah, isn't it funny? I read in an article somewhere that part of the reason Cleveland re-hired Brown was in an attempt to lure LeBron back.

Didn't they fire Brown in an effort to keep James in 2010? Why would he return to play for Brown in 2014?:wtf2:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, isn't it funny? I read in an article somewhere that part of the reason Cleveland re-hired Brown was in an attempt to lure LeBron back.

Didn't they fire Brown in an effort to keep James in 2010? Why would he return to play for Brown in 2014?:wtf2:

9148130.jpg

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles, that sums up every decision Gilbert has ever made.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles, that sums up every decision Gilbert has ever made.

Hence why I'm not worried about Lebron going back to Cleveland. People mention it's a possibility given the way Wade's body has taken a pounding over the years. Kyrie Irving is barely 21 and he already has an injury history that would make Wade blush.