• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: GOAT Peyton Manning at Miami Dolphins HQ...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to help Ryan Tannehill.

As Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill tries to learn new coach Adam Gase’s offense, he got some tips from a guy who knows it pretty well.

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, Peyton Manning made a quiet visit to Dolphins headquarters, and offered some pointers to Tannehill on what he could expect this year.

“It was really cool,” Tannehill said. “A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off a Super Bowl winning season — it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he’s done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love.”

Tannehill hadn’t had the chance to meet with Gase about the system yet, but Manning’s a pretty good surrogate (since Manning ran the system in Denver two years ago when Gase was his offensive coordinator).

“At that time, we weren’t able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn’t really have a great handle yet,” Tannehill said. “So I wasn’t really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions [for Manning]. If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation.”

Since Manning hasn’t decided what to do with the rest of his life, there are worse options than just walking the earth, offering pointers to young quarterbacks.

Complete article here...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from shooting an endless stream of commercials that are sure to run all football season, what has Peyton Manning been doing with himself since announcing his retirement?

We know he's not planning on working in television and likely won't find a high-end front office gig at this stage of the year. In the meantime, it seems Manning has been playing tutor.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Manning visited Dolphins headquarters earlier this spring to meet with his former offensive coordinator Adam Gase and help instruct quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

"It was really cool," Tannehill said. "A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off aSuper Bowl winning season -- it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he's done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love."

Per Jackson, the tutoring session was entirely Manning's idea. It was a boon for Tannehill -- learning another new offense -- who, due to CBA restrictions, wasn't allowed to meet with coaches.

"At that time, we weren't able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn't really have a great handle yet," Tannehill said. "So I wasn't really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions (for Manning). If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation."

That Manning was willing to voluntarily instruct Tannehill speaks volumes for what he thinks about Gase -- is Manning coaching up Paxton Lynch on Gary Kubiak's bootleg?

It could also have been a trial run for the meticulous Manning, to see how much he enjoyed it and how good he might be at coaching. If he reveled in the tutoring session, maybe he'll never pursue a TV career or a front office job.

Coach Manning has a nice ring to it.

Complete article here...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Manning hasn’t decided what to do with the rest of his life, there are worse options than just walking the earth, offering pointers to young quarterbacks.

LOL. He should. Young QBs need a lot of help.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't go to NE to help Brady? :dhd:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Manning felt the need to tutor Tannehill and not Sanchez. There probably isn't anything to read into it, but you'd think Manning would want to help out the team that just gave him his 2nd SB ring before he'd go help out a conference opponent.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Manning felt the need to tutor Tannehill and not Sanchez. There probably isn't anything to read into it, but you'd think Manning would want to help out the team that just gave him his 2nd SB ring before he'd go help out a conference opponent.

Who can be helped more though (or even at all). My money is on Tannehill

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Marino loved this.
Peyton in Miami working on his next career with Biogenesis.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is Manning going to "tutor" Tanny about that his QB coaches can't?

Tanny will have to make the playoffs before getting carried to wins by his team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can be helped more though (or even at all). My money is on Tannehill

No doubt Tannehill is still young enough to be molded easier than a veteran QB who already has many bad habits set in stone.

Or maybe Manning's motivation is to stiffen the competition that the Pats face and make life a little tougher for Brady?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move

if you wanna know how to beat Tom Brady, you need to talk to one of the 2 Manning brothers

Maybe Cooper too

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning was down there in the time period that coaches were not allowed to talk to players. My sense is that he did it due to his strong relationship with Adam Gase. You may recall that Gase was the coordinator that worked directly with Manning during his record setting 2013 and they have reportedly remained close.

No way Manning is in Denver coaching up Sanchez or Paxton Lynch. That's a media circus that the Broncos would never want. Not to mention that Manning loves coaching the "Gase" system but would cringe at the thought of helping quarterbacks with Kubiak's scheme. The marriage of Kubiak and Manning was rocky at best for most of last season.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move

if you wanna know how to beat Tom Brady, you need to talk to one of the 2 Manning brothers

Maybe Cooper too

"Here's the secret Ryan of how to beat Brady. Have a kickass defense. The End."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two very different schemes. One of them Manning set records for some of the best QB play the NFL has ever seen. The other he was on pace to break the single season interceptions mark that he set his rookie year. Unfortunately that was one of the issues this past year for the Broncos is that Manning just was a terrible fit for Kubiak's scheme. Also Manning was pushing hard for Elway to hire Gase as the Head Coach of the Broncos. Elway decided to go more long-term thinking in he wants the Broncos to look more like they did in 1997-1998 with back to back Super Bowls than that of the 2013 Broncos. Kubiak brings a more balanced offensive style where Gase is more let your QB be a gunslinger.

Also as MileHigh64 hinted towards Manning and Gase really are good friends. Kubiak and Manning well let's just say that Manning had no problem flipping him off this past season. Doesn't mean he didn't respect him but they just viewed offense through a very different thought process.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Tannehill is still young enough to be molded easier than a veteran QB who already has many bad habits set in stone.

Or maybe Manning's motivation is to stiffen the competition that the Pats face and make life a little tougher for Brady?

Naw. I just think he believes more in Tannehill than Sanchez. He knows all the coaching in the world wouldn't help Sanchez

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread started about Peyton Manning.

Instantly fills up with insecure *Brady fans scared shitless he's going to play in their division next season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously use good bait trolling... results are predictable :D

I'd love to be a fly eye on the wall when these clowns saw this thread.

"Oh. My. God."

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

"This can't be happening! It can't. It can't. It can't!!!"

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously use good bait trolling... results are predictable :D

I have never seen one person rile up a fan base more than Hammer can Patriot fans.

Entertainment for days.