• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braves players embarrassing

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this bullshit about enforcing the "unwritten rules of baseball" from the "Braves" and they diss Jones for being honest... and the best part is Chipper was correct.

These players on the "Braves" are a bunch of whiny little bitches if their antics with Fernandez, Harper, and now Jones give me any indication.

What a joke...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this bullshit about enforcing the "unwritten rules of baseball" from the "Braves" and they diss Jones for being honest... and the best part is Chipper was correct.

These players on the "Braves" are a bunch of whiny little bitches if their antics with Fernandez, Harper, and now Jones give me any indication.

What a joke...

So let me get this straight - they were butt hurt becuse Jones told the truth?

WOW

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend the Braves but Chipper picking the Dodgers to beat Atlanta was a bit of a dick move on his part.
I can see if Jones was retired for some time but he just got done playing for them basically. He should have had some class and danced around the question of who would win.
Braves should have had a player out there to catch the 1st pitch but I can see where they would be upset with Jones. I think any team's current players would feel the same way if a player that was just recently their teammate predicted a win for the other team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight - they were butt hurt becuse Jones told the truth?

WOW

Yep, Chipper's prediction was the Dodgers in 4 games. What do you know? LA wins in 4 games. These Braves players get soooooo butthurt over the dumbest little things. The Braves have a pattern of this nonsensical attitude and I am sick of it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when the Braves can stop throwing hissy fits over nothing, they can start winning in the playoffs instead of being an automatic series win for the other team.

Then again, that is better than my Royals I suppose...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend the Braves but Chipper picking the Dodgers to beat Atlanta was a bit of a dick move on his part.
I can see if Jones was retired for some time but he just got done playing for them basically. He should have had some class and danced around the question of who would win.
Braves should have had a player out there to catch the 1st pitch but I can see where they would be upset with Jones. I think any team's current players would feel the same way if a player that was just recently their teammate predicted a win for the other team.

So let's get this straight - as a former player of the Braves who is now asked for his opinion as an independent analyst - you think he was being a dick to tell the truth and tell everyone that he expected the Dodgers to win in 4 games? You thought he should embarass himself and lie?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's get this straight - as a former player of the Braves who is now asked for his opinion as an independent analyst - you think he was being a dick to tell the truth and tell everyone that he expected the Dodgers to win in 4 games? You thought he should embarass himself and lie?

Cant believe im agreeing with a doyers fan but you can't hate on someone for stating his opinion. Especially when it was correct.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Chipper's prediction was the Dodgers in 4 games. What do you know? LA wins in 4 games. These Braves players get soooooo butthurt over the dumbest little things. The Braves have a pattern of this nonsensical attitude and I am sick of it.

As a former player I haven't always liked Magic Johnson's opinion, but when a person is asked for an opinion they expect the truth except for one situation only

Your wife asks you "Honey does this dress make me look fat?"

In that case you are expected to disregard what she said before if she told you she wanted the truth and tell her "HELL NO - WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CRAZY IDEA" - "You look good in that dress."

That's the only time I would expect a man to lie through his teeth:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe im agreeing with a doyers fan but you can't hate on someone for stating his opinion. Especially when it was correct.

On the flip side of that - Braves management would be wise to take note that Chipper saw it coming and offer him a job on the inside in a position that would enable them to get past their normal playoff and fail mode and jump them to the next level. A former player capable of predicting it that close obviously knows more then the players or the managers

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The new PC America, eh? Be a pussy so that you don't upset the other pussies. Love the logic, Mr Sensitive.

Hunter Montana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side of that - Braves management would be wise to take note that Chipper saw it coming and offer him a job on the inside in a position that would enable them to get past their normal playoff and fail mode and jump them to the next level. A former player capable of predicting it that close obviously knows more then the players or the managers

He has stated his opinion on this team on several occasions. Here is one interview right before the playoffs...

Terence Moore: Braves' strikeout problem hampers playoff chances | MLB.com: News

"I'm a firm believer in, come October for a team, you've got to have power pitching," said Jones. "I think the starting rotation of a successful playoff team has to have guys who have the strikeout in their arsenal. And one of the areas where the Braves have lacked in the past is that they didn't have pitchers who could get a strikeout when they've needed it. There were a lot of guys who pitched to contact, and they were very good at what they do. But it's been our undoing over the last few years by not having that ability to get a big strikeout."

Here is another one from the beginning of the season...

Expect a lot of strikeouts in Braves' lineup - Spring Training Blog - ESPN

“I think there are at-bats that you have late in games, where you need a big-league at-bat and a big knock, and a guy like Martin Prado helps you win those ball games,” said Jones, who’s passing through camp briefly as a special spring hitting instructor. “You could always count on him to be prepared. You could always count on him for a big at-bat in a big spot. And sometimes you just need a ground ball to shortstop, or a ground ball to second base. And he was a guy who would provide that.

“So I’ll be interested to see what the numbers are for this year’s club with guys on base and with guys on third with less than two outs. That’s where this team is going to win or lose a lot of ball games. They’ve lost a guy who could give you a great at-bat in those spots. And they’re replacing him with guys who habitually have struck out 100 times.”

It doesn't surprise me that he picked the Dodgers if he really felt that they were going to win. He has usually said what he was thinking in a direct manner when asked about different topics (the Braves, umpires, Bud Selig, etc). I think he wants to see the Braves succeed, but him picking the Dodgers might be a sort of tough love. He realizes the Braves need to improve in certain areas to go deeper into October.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was just on the team with these guys who would be in a better position to know if these guys could win or not. I guess sometimes being honest may not always be the best way to go. Especially, when there are a bunch of pansies involved.