• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braun "Clears" Things Up!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lozenge and a cream were all behind it! We should've known...Braun seems like a stand-up guy. Harold Reynolds says so!

The scumbag barely acknowledged the smear job he did on the sample guy...well, at least he said he was sorry.

What a freakin' joke.

Ryan Braun of Milwaukee Brewers apologizes for PED use - ESPN

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Harold Reynolds ever tire of looking like a jackass?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Harold Reynolds ever tire of looking like a jackass?

He's made a career out of it. He thrives on it.

I don't want to hear a carefully crafted statement from lawyers. In fact, I don't want to hear anything that lying creep son-of-a-bitch Braun has to say at all.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a career PED user and has the nerve to question the integrity of the people involved with his drug testing. Teams should have every right to renegotiate contracts with players that have been busted with PEDs

As big of a jackass Reynolds is, he was the only one out of the bunch to pick the braves to win the NL east...so kudos

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altroids, the official lozenge of Ryan Braun! :rollseyes:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found this item, and thought it was worth a share here. Somebody took the time to write up a PED appology that we would have liked to have heard, from Braun, and all the others.

I took steroids. I did it knowingly, and I did it to improve my performance. There was no ambiguity in my reasons to travel down that road. I wanted to get better. Steroids made me better. They made me a lot better. It wasn't just that I was stronger and more powerful, either. I used to wake up the morning after a late game and feel like I drank 24 Keystones the night before. That feeling wasn't there when I was using PEDs. The interminable 162-game grind wasn't so bad. The aches and pains of August and September didn't seem so insurmountable.
And, yes, the part about getting stronger and faster helped, too. It helped my team win. It made people chant my name, and I was enormously popular. It was addicting, in a way.
I did it to improve as a baseball player. For my entire life, my whole self-worth was tethered to my success as a baseball player. I would do anything to keep that up. I did do anything. And I regret it because I got caught.
I fought for jobs with players who didn't use drugs, and I feel for them. I do. But I heard about all the scary side effects, and while I noticed a few changes, it wasn't all that bad. My testicles didn't shrink into nothingness. I didn't fly off into unexpected fits of rage. For the most part, all I noticed were the benefits. And I thought to myself, "It's their fault if they don't want to use this stuff. There's nothing wrong with this. It's like refusing aspirin and then complaining about a headache."
Looking at it like that, though, was too simple. Those players had the right not to take those risks. I see that now, and I apologize to those players. I'm deeply sorry.
To everyone else, I do not apologize. I did something most of you would have done. I took substances that made me a better baseball player, which made me a millionaire several times over. I do not feel like a lesser person or an evil human being. I feel like a human being. And while I'm excited to start the next, PED-free portion of my career, I have to warn you, I'm skeptical. I'm not sure I'll be the same player.
But I'll at least be free from the guilt and suspicion. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you, and good night.

Thoughts?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that it took a month for them to come up with that excuse.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigD, good apology. Who was that from?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found this item, and thought it was worth a share here. Somebody took the time to write up a PED appology that we would have liked to have heard, from Braun, and all the others.

I took steroids. I did it knowingly, and I did it to improve my performance. There was no ambiguity in my reasons to travel down that road. I wanted to get better. Steroids made me better. They made me a lot better. It wasn't just that I was stronger and more powerful, either. I used to wake up the morning after a late game and feel like I drank 24 Keystones the night before. That feeling wasn't there when I was using PEDs. The interminable 162-game grind wasn't so bad. The aches and pains of August and September didn't seem so insurmountable.
And, yes, the part about getting stronger and faster helped, too. It helped my team win. It made people chant my name, and I was enormously popular. It was addicting, in a way.
I did it to improve as a baseball player. For my entire life, my whole self-worth was tethered to my success as a baseball player. I would do anything to keep that up. I did do anything. And I regret it because I got caught.
I fought for jobs with players who didn't use drugs, and I feel for them. I do. But I heard about all the scary side effects, and while I noticed a few changes, it wasn't all that bad. My testicles didn't shrink into nothingness. I didn't fly off into unexpected fits of rage. For the most part, all I noticed were the benefits. And I thought to myself, "It's their fault if they don't want to use this stuff. There's nothing wrong with this. It's like refusing aspirin and then complaining about a headache."
Looking at it like that, though, was too simple. Those players had the right not to take those risks. I see that now, and I apologize to those players. I'm deeply sorry.
To everyone else, I do not apologize. I did something most of you would have done. I took substances that made me a better baseball player, which made me a millionaire several times over. I do not feel like a lesser person or an evil human being. I feel like a human being. And while I'm excited to start the next, PED-free portion of my career, I have to warn you, I'm skeptical. I'm not sure I'll be the same player.
But I'll at least be free from the guilt and suspicion. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you, and good night.

Thoughts?

If only people would actually say this!

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
I especially like the end. The "To everyone else" part. That's the most honest part, and I would appreciate a player for saying it. It's real. It's true.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And then this smartass kid was like, "I'll bet you don't know how many licks it takes to get to the center," and I'm like, "Oh, yeah?" So I start licking the lollipop, but it's *completely awesome*, so good, and it makes me bite down before I can even get to the fourth lick. And what's inside? Steroids. Just a bunch of steroids. And I'm all, "Great, just great, do you know what I do for a living?"

Greatest. Admission. Ever.