• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Reilly the great tipper

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? like its some fucking secret we suck? Is this news to Riley? I am more pissed that he posted it on Instagram.

So for having high expectations at a traditional powerhouse program. and having the worst season if we lose our bullshit bowl game since 1959. This person should get no tip for bringing you food and giving you good sservice. Because his is saying to your face BrandonrRiley what the entire world is thinking of our program right now? Show some fucking class.

No this person gets no tip because i didn't come there to hear his opinions. He gets no tip because I am there to enjoy a meal and conversation with friends and / or family. I don't want to hear his opinions on sports teams, politcal candidates, religious zealots or even the weather.
He can give me his opinion on what's good to eat and don't bullshit me about that.
Anything that doesn't have to do with the menu is out of line. Why would he think I want to hear his opinion?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever had that awkward situation where the waitress sits down and talks to you?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my ---that a bit disturbing

so does the hotel waitress have ta clean that mirror ??
Yes but he doesn't tip her....

It seems the wife and I are always telling the daughters to take something or another off of social media, because posting stupid shit that can bite them on the ass on social media is more of a problem than anything. The daughters tend to post their perceived anger at each other or in my youngest daughter's case a risqué picture that needed to come down.

Reilly had a post come back and bite him in the ass - smh. It still is his choice what or if he should tip. Reilly could be just as pissed at some of the play calling as certain fans are and didn't want to hear it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, no but I have had them tell me about their boyfriends, how horrible their manager is and how lucky I am to get her.
Standard reply, "uh yeah, can I get some blah blah blah."

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hear ya @HuskerInSecLand. But I think that the waiter was just trying to conect with the customer. Now the waiter probally went about doin that in the wrong way by bashing the home team but I still dont think that is justification for leaving no tip, especially if the food and general service was good. The bill was over twenty seven dallors, Not a starving college student. B.R. goes to UNL for free,actually on the waiters dime but we wont get into that... Bottom line is you are a Nebraska football player toughen the fuck up. Reminds me of just recently when Sapp got all butt hurt when a waitress used "boys" when asking them if they wanted more food or something.

@huskers1217 that is ackward I had a preggo one do that....

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a player and I hear that, I'm not passive aggressive about it. I look them dead in the eye and say that I'm a starting fucking wide receiver for Nebraska and I put my blood sweat and tears into that team you just talked shit about you fucking nobody punk. Now go get me a coke refill and I'll think about whether or not to tip you, bitch.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only ONCE thank god. I'll never forget it. Outback Steakhouse like 10 years ago. He did the whole turn the chair around and straddle it and put his arms on the back rest thing. Acted like we were all old pals of his.

We all looked at each other like "what the fuck is happening right now"

I bet it works on some people. You have to read the table. I've been a server. I've actually walked up to a table and said "so what the fuck can I get for you sons of bitches today" and they laughed their ass off and loved it. Got a huge tip.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a server takes thick skin. People are so damn judgemental. I'm the same way and I've been on the other side of it. If you're with a group of people you don't know that well, the go to "ice breaker" always seems to be making fun of the server behind their back or talking about how shitty the service is even if the server's just a normal fucking person and the service is perfectly fine.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hear ya @HuskerInSecLand. But I think that the waiter was just trying to conect with the customer. Now the waiter probally went about doin that in the wrong way by bashing the home team but I still dont think that is justification for leaving no tip, especially if the food and general service was good. The bill was over twenty seven dallors, Not a starving college student. B.R. goes to UNL for free,actually on the waiters dime but we wont get into that... Bottom line is you are a Nebraska football player toughen the fuck up. Reminds me of just recently when Sapp got all butt hurt when a waitress used "boys" when asking them if they wanted more food or something.

@huskers1217 that is ackward I had a preggo one do that....

Athletic scholarships are not paid with taxes. And perhaps he wasn't butthurt. Maybehe just didn't receive the service (treatment from the "Server") he expected.
Now putting it out on social media, won't say that was the smartest thing to do but if he feels the guy didn't deserve a tip the guy doesn't get a tip. It's his dollar.
And noticed I said he didn't deserve not that it cost too much.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck being a server.

I'll be in the back, in my own little world, washing dishes or slinging hash.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a server takes thick skin. People are so damn judgemental. I'm the same way and I've been on the other side of it. If you're with a group of people you don't know that well, the go to "ice breaker" always seems to be making fun of the server behind their back or talking about how shitty the service is even if the server's just a normal fucking person and the service is perfectly fine.
Never ran into that. If I'm with people I don't know that well it's usually a business lunch and I am on my best behavior. Never be negative in front of clients. You never know who you'll offend.
Something a certain waiter could learn.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may sound like a prick but I place value on a tip. It is a "Gratuity" which means a gift above what I owe to reward services given to me. If I have an average meal with nothing to ruin it but nothing really outstanding I give a customary 20%.
If I have superb service I have given as high as 35%. I gave 100% once when a person that I brought was harassing the server and told her in front of the bitch that was harassing her that I hoped that the tip I had given her was more then enough to make up for the treatment she had received. Of course she had not seen the tip yet but she was grateful at that point for the remark.

On the other end of the spectrum though I will withhold all gratuities for bad service. If I do not feel the server should be serving I am not going to encourage him/her to keep doing it by giving them tips. I usually will leave a remark on the credit card receipt or speak with the manager to make sure they know there is a reason and I am not just a cheap skate.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think putting the server on blast on social media is what makes me mad the most.

Riley should have went to the manager said hey Iam ooffended blah blah blah boom free meal. And everything would have been in e and quiet.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck being a server.

I'll be in the back, in my own little world, washing dishes or slinging hash.

I always preferred expo. You just stand on the line bullshitting with the cooks and hitting on the hot servers. Pays better and you don't have to deal with customers personally. I made BANK doing that, but once all of my friends started quitting it wasn't any fun anymore. Expo is literally the best possible job in food service. Virtually no responsibility outside of reading a ticket and putting orders on trays.