• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Marshall says Cutler will win MVP

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in his dreams... :rollseyes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bring something to support an opinion once in a while. What do your eyes tell you? What do the stats tell you? Answer the questions posed.

Isn't that what a sports forum about? Or is it just a bunch of lawn jockeys having garbage opinions just to get a rise?

You didn't really think we were going to keep taking your shit, did you? :noidea:

You're a Raiders, Flyers and Warriors fan, right? Good. From now on you'll only be on those boards. Fuck that up too and you're gone. Trying shutting your smart mouth when you feel like saying something stupid or get the fuck out. Pick one and do it.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in his dreams... :rollseyes:

LOL he writes some long winded rhetoric after reading my post which means he has no reading comprehension and still doesn't get it.
He's basically like an Al Davis, he thinks he's really knowledgeable and important but no one else does or cares.

his first sentence is hilarious about Jeff George. He assumes I'm supposed to feel the need to talk to him about it. Or prove or disprove something I wasn't even thinking about and don't remember him bringing up earlier anyway.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_n6b9teKC6s1r3s5n0o1_1280.jpg

:pound: beautiful

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't really think we were going to keep taking your shit, did you? :noidea:

You're a Raiders, Flyers and Warriors fan, right? Good. From now on you'll only be on those boards. Fuck that up too and you're gone. Trying shutting your smart mouth when you feel like saying something stupid or get the fuck out. Pick one and do it.

Thank you a Hammer. I bit my tongue and I'm glad you handled it.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its possible.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you a Hammer. I bit my tongue and I'm glad you handled it.

:lol:

Just waiting for some corroborating evidence that NOT one Cutler backer can answer.

Why is that? Maybe Because it's true that Jay has a 2 cent head.

It's a sports forum. So let's talk sports. Isn't it a place to debate the merits of players like Cutler?

That's all this is... It's supposed to be a challenge and not serious... You guys take it serious but it's all in getting Bears fans to think. To critically evaluate the situation. Not to get all excited because there's an arrogant dude who knows what he's talking about..

C'mon, Hammer... I realize you're the judge and jury but Why are you taking this to the extreme? What has been said in these posts that could get someone banned? I've read a lot worse from you in the Brady vs Manning debate, A LOT worse... Big time worse!! :nod:

Do what you have to do but let's keep it real. This is just a challenge. There was no disrespect to RamJackson. No personal attacks... So what's the real issue? Alphamale? lol... :noidea:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything is relative.

at the Packers forum I go to a guy just happened to put up this stat as an anti Favre statement.

its a tough team sport with a million variables. This stat comparison says to me both these guys do a damn good job as pro QBs and I will never call a QB a 2 cent head...except maybe Kaepernick LOL

Serious question: do you really believe that throwing 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions per season is doing a "damn good job as pro QBs"? Because to me that seems like a below average qb.

I think maybe you're getting a little hung up on the 2 cent head comment. That's obviously hyperbole. The point is, it's not Cutler's physical talent that keeps him from being one of the greatest qbs in the NFL. It's the brain locks he gets that cause him to make boneheaded plays. But qbs with his skill set will always have a chance to play in the NFL. It's the same reason Jeff George lasted as long as he did. That kind of talent is hard to come by and if Cutler can put it all together, wow, look out. He would definitely be an MVP kind of player. I just don't think he'll ever put it all together.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: do you really believe that throwing 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions per season is doing a "damn good job as pro QBs"? Because to me that seems like a below average qb.

I think maybe you're getting a little hung up on the 2 cent head comment. That's obviously hyperbole. The point is, it's not Cutler's physical talent that keeps him from being one of the greatest qbs in the NFL. It's the brain locks he gets that cause him to make boneheaded plays. But qbs with his skill set will always have a chance to play in the NFL. It's the same reason Jeff George lasted as long as he did. That kind of talent is hard to come by and if Cutler can put it all together, wow, look out. He would definitely be an MVP kind of player. I just don't think he'll ever put it all together.

Maybe not, but he is good enough to lead the Bears into the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but he is good enough to lead the Bears into the playoffs.

Well even this though is a big if though. He has been with the Bears for what 5-years now and has lead them to the playoffs once in that time span. He has only had 1 season that he has actually played all 16 games for the Bears so he has shown that he struggles staying healthy through a full season plus even when healthy (has played 15 games or more 3 times) has only made it once. Plus he hasn't shown a whole heck of a lot of improvement keeping right around an 85-89 type quarterback rating almost every season in the NFL.

And really any quarterback is good enough to per say lead their team to the playoffs if they have the talent around them. I would say only a handful of quarterbacks can truly take a subpar team to the playoffs though. I don't think Cutler is one of them.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this piece, which addresses Marshall's prediction, makes pretty good sense:

Jay Cutler for MVP? It's not totally unreasonable - NFL - Sporting News

Discusses why Cutler winning MVP is a long shot, but not entirely out of the question. Concludes by supporting that view with this:

"Bovada has Cutler listed with 20-1 odds to win MVP. That actually has him in a tie for sixth with Wilson and Colin Kaepernick. All three trail Manning (3-1), Aaron Rodgers (6-1), Brees (8-1), Brady (9-1) and Andrew Luck (12-1)."

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even this though is a big if though. He has been with the Bears for what 5-years now and has lead them to the playoffs once in that time span. He has only had 1 season that he has actually played all 16 games for the Bears so he has shown that he struggles staying healthy through a full season plus even when healthy (has played 15 games or more 3 times) has only made it once. Plus he hasn't shown a whole heck of a lot of improvement keeping right around an 85-89 type quarterback rating almost every season in the NFL.

And really any quarterback is good enough to per say lead their team to the playoffs if they have the talent around them. I would say only a handful of quarterbacks can truly take a subpar team to the playoffs though. I don't think Cutler is one of them.

But keep in mind the Bears had no talent on offense during most of his time with Bears, particularly on the OLine. Now that he has talent around him, it is do or die.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But keep in mind the Bears had no talent on offense during most of his time with Bears, particularly on the OLine. Now that he has talent around him, it is do or die.

We shall see...This is a year where he has no excuses. He has the weapons around him to be successful so if he can't succeed with this group or at least show improvement then I just don't see him being the guy I would want moving forward.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see...This is a year where he has no excuses. He has the weapons around him to be successful so if he can't succeed with this group or at least show improvement then I just don't see him being the guy I would want moving forward.

I agree.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it could happen, but I just don't see it for a couple of reasons. He's only made the pro bowl once, and in a season where Phillip Rivers put up better numbers and didn't make it. Then, he hasn't even put up pro bowl numbers in other season, with both performance and injuries being a factor.

Now that he has two pro bowl-caliber WRs, a pro bowl-caliber TE, a pro bowl-caliber RB and a much improved O-line, NOW is when the MVP talks start? Obviously, all MVPs have had the support of pro bowl players being on the roster. Cutler hasn't had elite talent to work with, but it's been more than other MVPs have had, and if Cutler were truly an MVP player, he'd have been able to elevate the play of he's teammates in years past, rather than his teammates being the cause of MVP talk this year.

Let's not forget who votes for the MVP: the media; and whether it's deserved or not, there is no love lost between the media and this guy. If he were to get the MVP award, he would not only have to put up MVP numbers, but numbers that were significantly better than Manning or Brady or Rodgers or Peterson or Brees, etc.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is a QB with a top notch WR duo. So there is always a chance.

He still lost to the lions twice, saints, and packers as a starter. He loses to elite teams.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have serious questions he'll have much time to throw with that tackle situation. It'll heavily depend on whether Jake Long has anything left.

Jay Cutler has had to deal with some of the worst O-lines in Chicago since David Carr (or at least JT O'Sullivan); but at least now they have strength along the middle.

Jake Long? He plays for the rams.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he fixed his hair before the post game press conference. Gotta look fresh if you're throwing 4 picks.

Thats the problem. His looks and image is too important to him. Brees and Manning don't care how they look they care about how they play.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP is Peyton Manning until that neck gives out. The Bears could win the division though, so yes, he COULD win MVP.