• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Marshall says Cutler will win MVP

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this is happening. I completely agree with a Raiders fan.:gaah:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've followed Cutler's career. We know he's won 1 playoff game. We also know he hasn't won a MVP award. :doh:

Isn't Marshall talking about Jay winning MVP this year? I believe so. Jay won't be winning a MVP. Jay won't be winning a playoff game. "Winning the MVP is a joke. Winning a playoff game is a joke".

Neither are happening this year. The Bears are playing in a tough NFC and he will find a way to screw it up. Green Bay will take the North and Bears won't make a WC. Even if they do make WC, they won't go on the road and win a game = thus, No MVP. thus, No playoff win. :L

Like I said, Jay has a million dollar arm connected to a 2 cent head.

If you want to refute, go for it. But comeback with more than joke, fat fuck and gawd damn experts comments. Please refrain from using profanity and the Lord's name in vain. :clap:

Thank you! :yahoo:

He wins games for the Bears and he is the best QB we have had in 30 years. Will he win the MVP? Probably not. But your analysis of him having a 2 cent head is odd at best. No one in the NFL even states something like this about him, and all reports actually peg him as quite intelligent. He has struggled in games, but the Bears haven't exactly had great teams either.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to believe.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL network has Michael Irvin at Bears camp with the receivers. He can still catch bullets in his hands pretty well LOL

How's his work with a pair of scissors?

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wins games for the Bears and he is the best QB we have had in 30 years. Will he win the MVP? Probably not. But your analysis of him having a 2 cent head is odd at best. No one in the NFL even states something like this about him, and all reports actually peg him as quite intelligent. He has struggled in games, but the Bears haven't exactly had great teams either.

I do appreciate your attempt to be condescending, but it doesn't delineate the fact you are most likely a fat fuck who has piss poor opinions. Oh, I forgot to mention, a goddam fat fuck. Better?

Why not refrain from profanity and stick to the facts? Why not corroborate your views instead of cussing?

Cutler has way too many natural QB gifts to not be a top 10 NFL QB. Why? It goes back to his 2 cent head. He led the NFL in interceptions a few years back because of his head. It sure isn't because of his arm. That's elite. His head.. Not so much.

I brought up McNown in an earlier post above. Let's quickly compare 2013 Cutler and McNown. Same squad, same talent.

********Yds / Game ***Comp % ****TD's ****Ints'**** % Ints

McNown *** 229 *********67 *******12 ******1 *******.4

Cutler ******238 ********63 *******19 ******12 ******3.4

Cutler is far more talented than McNown but McNown plays sound football as delineated above. Cutler is careless. Why because he has a 2 cent head. Bring something to the conversation besides profanity. Checkmate

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs that have played and been in the league as long as he has don't have 2 cent heads and teams don't keep players like that at QB who are easily replaced like any other position.

and he's had a bunch of offensive coaches to get use to and Vanderbuilt doesn't get a majority of dummies. And people with 2 cent heads don't have the great comedic timing he has . 2 cent heads don't get the money he got either.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs that have played and been in the league as long as he has don't have 2 cent heads and teams don't keep players like that at QB who are easily replaced like any other position.

and he's had a bunch of offensive coaches to get use to and Vanderbuilt doesn't get a majority of dummies. And people with 2 cent heads don't have the great comedic timing he has . 2 cent heads don't get the money he got either.

Au contraire. When you can chuck the rock like Jay Cutler, your 2 cent head is overlooked. It's always the "potential" word and next year, he'll put it all together. Cutler has the best x/z receivers in the NFL and a pass catching machine standing 7yds behind him. There are no excuses.

Josh McCown averaged 308 yds when he started last year. The 230+ included mop up averaged in. He came in vs Washington when Cutler may have been sore and was 3 for 8 for 23 yds and 1 int. McCown threw for over 200 with 1 Td.

Again, as mentioned above, the other Million dollar arm with 2cent head was Jeff George. Nobody threw a football any better than Dan Marino and Jeff George. Cutler isn't in that league but very close.

Do you even know who Jeff George is? Ever see him chuck the rock? Know that he was known for a 2cent head? Those type of arms get paid and get paid very well

Jeff George lasted 12 years in the NFL with his Million dollar arm and 2 cent head, so that was easy to refute about Cutler. The irony and corroborating stats that nails this coffin shut is the fact that:

1. 2 cent head Jeff George had 154 tds to 113 int's and 2.8% ratio.
Jay Cutler NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
2. 2 cent head Jay Cutler has 155 tds to 112 int's but a 3.4% ratio. 3.4% is LOUSY!!!! :L
Jay Cutler NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I love a good football debate but have yet to get one.... :noidea: Anyone substantiate an opinion? :lol:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want to do some research and prove me wrong, which you may, I'm going to say that the only starting NFL QB that has a WORSE interception ratio than Jay " 2 cent" Cutler is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

How is that possible? I mean really? C'mon, the guy has all the tools to be a SB winning QB but will never because of the matter between his ears.

I was just as enamored by Jay Cutler's cannon and skills at Vandy as Denver was. It's not translating for 1 reason........ and 1 reason only......

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to do some research and prove me wrong, which you may, I'm going to say that the only starting NFL QB that has a WORSE interception ratio than Jay " 2 cent" Cutler is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

How is that possible? I mean really? C'mon, the guy has all the tools to be a SB winning QB but will never because of the matter between his ears.

I was just as enamored by Jay Cutler's cannon and skills at Vandy as Denver was. It's not translating for 1 reason........ and 1 reason only......

My post already did the research for the point I made. you aren't in the NFL starting a majority of the time in an 8 year career if you have a so called 2 cent head. You don't get 7 year,120 million dollar contracts with a 2 cent head.

and cut the " I did the research/I came here for intelligent sports talk/ you wish you knew more than me "rhetoric stuff in every post. We all know the same general crap as you. Once you've been a fan for a few years its easy to know who's who, who's better etc. Its sports talk its not that important or hard and we all look up numbers and make compare, contrasts when we feel like it. Take it easy.Take it down a notch

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back in the cbs days when Cutler played for the Broncos, we used to have this saying about him on the Broncos board: million dollar arm, ten cent head. The point being that Cutler has all of the physical tools you could ask for in a qb, but his tendency to lock in on Brandon Marshall constantly, and his penchant for throwing boneheaded interceptions was what kept him from being one of the elite qb's in the NFL.

I think the same holds true today. The reason Cutler has stuck around in the league, and got the huge contract he got, is because he's got all the talent in the world. He'll wow you with plays that few other qb's can make. Of course, the problem is he couples those things with the aforementioned boneheaded interceptions and bad decisions from time to time.

If you're a Bears fan, you've got to hope that he can cut out those costly mistakes. If he can, he's certainly capable of being one of the top qb's in the game. I tend to doubt he'll ever do that, though. Even last season, with the qb guru Trestman coaching, his interception percentage of 3.4 was tenth worst among qb's with at least 200 pass attempts. That was also his worst season since 2010.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the cbs days when Cutler played for the Broncos, we used to have this saying about him on the Broncos board: million dollar arm, ten cent head. The point being that Cutler has all of the physical tools you could ask for in a qb, but his tendency to lock in on Brandon Marshall constantly, and his penchant for throwing boneheaded interceptions was what kept him from being one of the elite qb's in the NFL.

I think the same holds true today. The reason Cutler has stuck around in the league, and got the huge contract he got, is because he's got all the talent in the world. He'll wow you with plays that few other qb's can make. Of course, the problem is he couples those things with the aforementioned boneheaded interceptions and bad decisions from time to time.

If you're a Bears fan, you've got to hope that he can cut out those costly mistakes. If he can, he's certainly capable of being one of the top qb's in the game. I tend to doubt he'll ever do that, though. Even last season, with the qb guru Trestman coaching, his interception percentage of 3.4 was tenth worst among qb's with at least 200 pass attempts. That was also his worst season since 2010.

I was listening to some sports radio the other day and they pretty much exactly this. Cutler to many has the best arm in the NFL. He can throw a laser when needed but also has the ability to do the touch passes. The problem is he decides to have a mental fart once or twice a game and thinks his arm is even better than it really is. He should have all the weapons possible though around him to have a good season. If he can stay healthy I would bet he finishes somewhere in the top-10 for quarterback rating this year. Don't think he is MVP quality quite yet though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to some sports radio the other day and they pretty much exactly this. Cutler to many has the best arm in the NFL. He can throw a laser when needed but also has the ability to do the touch passes. The problem is he decides to have a mental fart once or twice a game and thinks his arm is even better than it really is. He should have all the weapons possible though around him to have a good season. If he can stay healthy I would bet he finishes somewhere in the top-10 for quarterback rating this year. Don't think he is MVP quality quite yet though.

If he's not MVP quality quite yet, he will never be MVP quality. Does he need a 10 year warm up before he hits his prime?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not MVP quality quite yet, he will never be MVP quality. Does he need a 10 year warm up before he hits his prime?

My thought here is when Brady and Manning retire the spot for MVP just got a little bit easier in the league. I know you still will have guys like Brees and Rodgers but with the weapons that Cutler has and getting more and more acclimated to Trestman's system I could see him having that one really good year that he gets in the talks for the top-3 or so. He has that ability.

Do I think he will ever win it...No I do not. Like I said though he could put together that one great year where it just all clicks.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everything is relative.

at the Packers forum I go to a guy just happened to put up this stat as an anti Favre statement.

So while we can not forget what he did for the team, the fans and the city, he also should not get free pass for how average he was after those Super Bowls..

From 1999 till he did retire
24 tds per year
20 ints per year
winning % 59

food for thought

Jay Cutler for career
19 tds a year
14 ints per year
56 wins and 48 losses winning %53

its a tough team sport with a million variables. This stat comparison says to me both these guys do a damn good job as pro QBs and I will never call a QB a 2 cent head...except maybe Kaepernick LOL

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post already did the research for the point I made. you aren't in the NFL starting a majority of the time in an 8 year career if you have a so called 2 cent head. You don't get 7 year,120 million dollar contracts with a 2 cent head.

and cut the " I did the research/I came here for intelligent sports talk/ you wish you knew more than me "rhetoric stuff in every post. We all know the same general crap as you. Once you've been a fan for a few years its easy to know who's who, who's better etc. Its sports talk its not that important or hard and we all look up numbers and make compare, contrasts when we feel like it. Take it easy.Take it down a notch

You didn't refute that Jeff George also lasted 12 years with a 2 cent head. Just because Cutler got that contract DOES NOT mean he's worth it. It just means that the supply of QB is less than demand and the Bears were willing to overpay for a rocket arm and mobility.

Can you explain how only Ryan Fitzpatrick has a worse interception ratio than Cutler?

Can you explain how McCown played better with the same offense? The stats were laid out.

Anyone can have trash opinions but why avoid the questions I pose? Bring something.. C'mon...

Do you know why Cutler has the 2nd worse interception ratio? It's because he has a 2 cent head. I am not questioning Cutler's positive QB attributes.

I've said I was enamored with Jay at Vandy and thought he'd become a top 3 QB, but his decision making has held him back.

Are you going to answer the question(s) or is it the same rhetoric? Face it, It's checkmate. Your King is screwed. :nod:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds:

Maybe he'll listen after you're there to corroborate my posts.

Cutler's 3.4% 2013 ratio is also Jay's CAREER mark, so that's not an aberration.

No need to add further info, that's what I've tried to relay. :yahoo:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything is relative.

at the Packers forum I go to a guy just happened to put up this stat as an anti Favre statement.

its a tough team sport with a million variables. This stat comparison says to me both these guys do a damn good job as pro QBs and I will never call a QB a 2 cent head...except maybe Kaepernick LOL

Just bring something to support an opinion once in a while. What do your eyes tell you? What do the stats tell you? Answer the questions posed.

Isn't that what a sports forum about? Or is it just a bunch of lawn jockeys having garbage opinions just to get a rise?