• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Marshall Done in Chicago

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquiring WR is Seattles Achilles heal. has been for years. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about them sniffing around those two.

Harvin
Rice (prob the best of the bunch)
Houshmanzadah
Branch
just to name a few

Tate :behindsofa:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints will rework Brees and sign him. They need a good WR again, and Marshall wants someone that can get him the ball a LOT.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquiring WR is Seattles Achilles heal. has been for years. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about them sniffing around those two.

Harvin
Rice (prob the best of the bunch)
Houshmanzadah
Branch
just to name a few

I wouldn't throw Rice in with the rest of those guys. He was plagued with injuries but he always had a positive attitude and was a good locker room guy. Branch was a gamer but he was a cancer. Douchmandadah and Harvin were just awful.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall would be very frustrated playing in Seattle. They only throw the ball about once every couple games. Brandon is a guy you can trust to go up and take it away from the defender. But it seems Pete's philosophy of not turning the ball over trumps any chances like that deep. Who am I to argue with success? Just don't let Seattle any where near the wide receiver free agent market. We really sucked in that department lately.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall would be very frustrated playing in Seattle. They only throw the ball about once every couple games. Brandon is a guy you can trust to go up and take it away from the defender. But it seems Pete's philosophy of not turning the ball over trumps any chances like that deep. Who am I to argue with success? Just don't let Seattle any where near the wide receiver free agent market. We really sucked in that department lately.

I don't think that's the case. Everyone talks about the Seattle run game but Wilson is a huge part of that and a the vast majority of his runs are only semi-designed. I was hoping that they were going to open it up a little bit this season but Harvin basically ruined any chance of that. They spent a lot of time trying to make him a big part of the offense and he was a complete dud. With Lynch probably declining if he's even playing here next season they're going to have to throw the ball more.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the case. Everyone talks about the Seattle run game but Wilson is a huge part of that and a the vast majority of his runs are only semi-designed. I was hoping that they were going to open it up a little bit this season but Harvin basically ruined any chance of that. They spent a lot of time trying to make him a big part of the offense and he was a complete dud. With Lynch probably declining if he's even playing here next season they're going to have to throw the ball more.

I hope they throw it more. We have seen Russell do very well throwing the ball down the field. Just concerned about our track record signing FA wide receivers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they throw it more. We have seen Russell do very well throwing the ball down the field. Just concerned about our track record signing FA wide receivers.

I agree with that. It took Richardson a little bit to fit in but I really like what I see lately. I think that he's a guy that can stretch the field and find space on the move. We need a TE more than anything else.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. It took Richardson a little bit to fit in but I really like what I see lately. I think that he's a guy that can stretch the field and find space on the move. We need a TE more than anything else.

Agreed, either Zach healthy or maybe draft another tight end. I would rather we develop our wide receivers from the draft and the same for tight ends. We got some good players getting some experience. The later you draft, the more work you need to put in working with these guys to develop the skills.

FA is a crap shoot at best. I also like Richardson and Norton. Tate took a couple years to really fit and he was fearless and tough to start.

We should maybe start another thread about free agency when the time comes. The problem people overlook is the scheme some players come from. Any wide receiver from the Patriots or the Broncos will look like a better prospect than a wide receiver from the Seahawks most of the time. They just have the stats.

Golden Tate is an exception and Detroit got a very good receiver for a number of years to come. He has good stats here but was lost in the harvin disaster. Now he is doing even better in Detroit.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this stage of Marshall's career, he will be wanting wins more so than catches.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have enough cap to take a stab at him

Gordon and him :nod: a man can dream

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't want a max contract he could end up with the Pats and hopefully they cut Amendola.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't the Bears try to trade him first instead of just releasing him?

He has 2 years $16 million left on his contract. Not sure a team would trade for him under than deal as they likely could have him for less off the open market.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have enough cap to take a stab at him

Gordon and him :nod: a man can dream

Gordon, Marshal and Manziel all in the same locker room. What is your dream? That the Brown's clubhouse implodes in on itself?