• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely for violating the league’s substance policy

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but it does fit the crime....When youare at the stage of a full year suspension...it means you have screwed up on Multiple occasions, and he KNEW what the consiquences would be if caught again.....if he didnt know, then he is 1 Stupid MO FO.....actually his actions by getting himself suspended for a year have proven it...BB is 1 stupid MO FO!!!!

Sorry, I don't usually do this but to call someone stupid when you are clearly the uneducated one on this particular case is quite...stupid

Go read the facts and come back to comment on this later

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I don't usually do this but to call someone stupid when you are clearly the uneducated one on this particular case is quite...stupid

Go read the facts and come back to comment on this later

The suspension is the second in two seasons for Browner. He was suspended four games last season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances. He is the second Seahawks player to be suspended for violating the substance abuse policy this season. Fellow cornerback Walter Thurmond is serving the final week of a four-game suspension.:suds:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First things first, piss tests for weed are the most asinine thing there is whether it is in pro sports or anywhere else. I haven't touched the stuff in years but it really needs to get completely legalized and all this stupidity surrounding it has to go away. Alcohol, cigarettes and most of the packaged foods we eat on a daily basis do a thousand times more harm than weed ever will. I'm not even going to get into the rampant use of PED's and HGH and who knows what else in modern sports.

Having said that, the rules are what they are and like it or not, Browner is a fucking moron for getting caught knowing full well what the consequences were. We don't have to agree with the crime or the way the NFL handles this either but it is right there for all to see. If they want to have archaic rules regarding drug use, than just say no if you want the privilege (not the right) to be employed by them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I'm embarrassed by all of the Seahawk fans who defend him and suggest he should be let off because the tests he missed came when he was in Canada.

The only facts that matter to me are he admits having over 200 piss tests since rejoining the league. You don't get 10 tests a month unless you are in stage 3 of one of the two policies therefor he knew full well he was being tested once every 3 days all year round and STILL took drugs TWICE while doing so knowing that getting caught would end his career and did it anyway. That is just fucking stupid and there is no other way to characterize it. This moron smoked his career up in a blunt and deserves to lose it. End of story.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Frankly I'm embarrassed by all of the Seahawk fans who defend him and suggest he should be let off because the tests he missed came when he was in Canada.

The only facts that matter to me are he admits having over 200 piss tests since rejoining the league. You don't get 10 tests a month unless you are in stage 3 of one of the two policies therefor he knew full well he was being tested once every 3 days all year round and STILL took drugs TWICE while doing so knowing that getting caught would end his career and did it anyway. That is just fucking stupid and there is no other way to characterize it. This moron smoked his career up in a blunt and deserves to lose it. End of story.

No need to feel embarrassed. No one has suggested he be let free. He should be punished. IMO a 4 game suspension is warranted. A 4 game suspension is a 25% loss of annual income plus whatever he could lose in contract talks.
I do not feel this way because I want him back. I fully expect that he is done as a Hawk. I think he has an argument until someone proves to me he was fully aware of potential penalties if he gets fails a UA.
It is my opinion he was not informed and that is why the NFL offered a reduction down to a 9 month suspension.

It is your choice to have no forgiveness, just as it is mine to think the punishment in this case is excessive.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you Wizard. I can't buy that he didn't know the consequences if he got caught. He had to know yet he did it anyway. Like I said, it is a privilege to be able to play a pro sport and make big time money doing it, not a right. The rules are in plain sight for all to see. Only an absolute moron thinks they can get away with breaking the rules and not getting caught. It's not about forgiveness for me Uhsplit. I have nothing to forgive. He didn't hurt me in any way, shape or form. He only hurt himself and his family here. Maybe his team mates to a certain extent but he wasn't going to help all that much when he did get back, being rusty and all so not a big deal. Maybe he should go back to Saskatchewan and smoke blunts and stare out at the big massive emptiness of the prairies all day.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole mj thing is stupid. I forget who it was, but one former player came out and admitted that he lit up when he was playing. When they asked him to go into it he asked rhetorically if he would have been better off smoking weed to relive the pain or popping pills like vicodin.

Ricky Williams?