• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady's Overthrows

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady just too keyed up and putting a bit to much spice into his throws?

The this air allow the ball to zip just a bit quicker?

Brady not used to the warm weather?

Helium in the balls?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people aren't open he overthrows it on purpose. We don't have guys who can go get jump balls.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little of all?? I watched his first quarter passes again.. the first several as the ball started to turn for the downward arc it contuned to float up.. mannaings seem just just flow right into possision and the recievers knew when to cut back for the ball.. but thats just the first quarter.. after that brady made the altitude corrections and still missed due to various reason.. dimminished skills lack of viable wrs, lack of a running game... i think it would have been a different game out of denver.. still think the pats would have lost but it would have been a different game..

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than saying a bit of everything, I'll say we can't know. He's throwing to nobodies. They're not even open on half of those balls. We don't know if they went the wrong direction, if he intentionally overthrew them because they were barely open or not at all and he was just committed to the deep ball, or what. Certainly he has made some beautiful longer throws (that pinpoint throw to Amendola for a gain of what, 20 or 25 last week?) recently, but equally certainly he missed guys badly in the AFCCG.

Diminished skills is a real possibility, but to definitively say it's diminished skills, you'd have to see him playing with a WR who can actually bring those balls down. Edelman is great but not a deep threat and the rest of the cast around him is just awful. The rookies have promise but promise don't cut it, especially not when you're out or limited due to injury.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit of all???

You mean there could have been helium spiked balls?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never had what I'd call a great long ball but his subpar performance in the Broncos game was probably due to age and a shoulder problem. His mechanics didn't look natural to me on some throws.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am WAY to much of a conspiracy theorist....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he has Randy Moss anymore to jump up and grab those horrible passes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take more risks when you have a guy who can go get it. You can throw more jump balls and not be scared it's getting picked.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady overthrows all the time on intermediate to deep throws. It's certainly not his strength. My guess is part of the problem is he is scared to throw a INT. He misses wide open guys on a consistent basis. It really has nothing to do with having guys that can go get jump balls. It's been a weakness of Brady's for as long as I remember.

I don't think it is a diminishing skills thing either although I do think he may struggle throwing deep a little more since the knee injury.

Another thing is, they just dont go deep very often. It is something that takes practice and chemistry.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re his performance in that game he was also sick that week. Could have been a factor.