• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady to play forever, Arods rehab, and much much more...

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck wondering why you're upset...

Leave her shit out front...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even MORE bitching about Tony Cingrani's pussy face.....give it a rest guys...it doesn't mean he sucks or anything, he just looks like a toolbag when he throws a baseball...

Dominicans and Race: Don't Call Them Black!

Dominicans in Denial

In visiting the Dominican Republic, The Root's editor-in-chief discovers that its citizens claim they're anything but black.

SANTO%20DOMINGO-400.jpg

How do race and racism play themselves out in the Caribbean? To see for myself, I boarded a fight to the Dominican Republic, on the island of Hispaniola -- which it shares, somewhat uneasily, with Haiti.
The people here, on opposite sides of this island, have faced each other across this body of land for 360 years. And their two cultures are studies in contrast. Haiti was colonized by the French; the Dominicans were colonized by the Spanish. In Haiti, people speak Creole; in the Dominican Republic, they speak Spanish. In Haiti, the national sport is soccer; here, the national sport is baseball. In Haiti, the national religion is vodou and Roman Catholicism; in the Dominican Republic, it is Roman Catholicism. On the Haitian side of the Massacre River, which divides the two countries, when it is 7:00 a.m., it's 8:00 a.m. on the Dominican side.
Hispaniola is an island divided by two peoples who, to some extent, have shaped their identities in opposition to each other. In fact, the Dominican Republic is the only country in the New World that celebrates its independence from another American country, because for Dominicans, the separation from Haiti in 1844 is their Independence Day. (Between 1822 and 1844, Haiti occupied the Dominican end of the island.)
From afar, I thought, the Dominican Republic seems like heaven on earth. I thought of its seemingly endless beaches, its long tradition of merengue and its dominance in baseball. And I love its cuisine, especially the dishes such as chofán and locrio, characterized by its flavor-filled burnt rice, called concón. I knew that the nation was filled with black faces -- more than 90 percent of Dominicans possess some degree of African descent -- and that the very first rebellion of black slaves occurred here in 1522.

But I also knew that the Dominican Republic has a complex past. Few people here self-identify as black or *****; rather, a wide majority of Dominicans -- most recently 82 percent in a federal census -- designate their race as indio, while only 4.13 percent designate themselves as black. And I wanted to understand why.
After Christopher Columbus stopped in the Bahamas, the northern end of Hispaniola was his first stop -- his ships landed here in 1492 -- and racially at least, it has been a troubled melting pot of Europeans, Africans and native people almost ever since, its people and its government deeply ambivalent about the country's relation to its black past.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_people_(Dominican_Republic)

Racial and ethnic groups

The ethnic composition of the Dominican population is 75% majority is mixed African Amerindian and European, 16% white, and 11% black. The population is primarily a mixture of European and African with a notable amount of Taíno ancestry (each of varying degrees).Even the white and black population have varying degrees of Spanish, African, and Taíno blood. There is also a large Haitian minority. Other groups in the country include the descendants of Southwest Asians—mostly Lebanese, Syrians and Palestinians. A smaller, yet significant presence of East Asians (primarily ethnic Chinese and Japanese) can also be found throughout the population. Dominicans are also composed of Sephardic Jews that were exiled from Spain and the Mediterranean area in 1492 and 1497, coupled with other migrations dating the 1700'shttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_people_(Dominican_Republic)#cite_note-4 and during the second world war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_people_(Dominican_Republic)#cite_note-5contribute to Dominican ancestry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_people_(Dominican_Republic)#cite_note-7 Some of the Sephardic Jews still presently reside in Sosúa while others are dispersed throughout the country. The amount of known Jews (or those with genetic proof of Jewish ancestry and/or practiced Jewish customs/religion throughout generations) are close to 3,000; the exact number of Dominicans with Jewish lineages aren't known, however, because of the miscegenation of the Jews and Dominicans over a period of more than five centuries.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this concludes the "domincans are black" discussion

fin

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominicans are racist towards "blacks"..Only problem with that, most of their population is mixed with European and African...

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominincans dont like "Morenos". They never want to be considered "Morenos". But they're black. Just like Puerto Ricans don't want to be considered "Morenos". They dont like Dominicans.

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome.

Take this thread off life support?

The last few topics:

National Debt

Dominicans not being black

Rock getting stranded

I wouldn't pull the plug just yet...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw hell, I gotta rescue this thread twice in one hour?

tumblr_m49bolK6FL1rtbaxgo1_400.png

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few topics:

National Debt

Dominicans not being black

Rock getting stranded

I wouldn't pull the plug just yet...

Crack me up, self.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys

serious face question

when my car died last night, i called michelle (the girl i live with) and asked if she could pick me up. i was on a major route, about 20 mins from our apartment. she said she couldnt help me. she said "she didnt feel like it".

so i got my old roommate chris to pick me up

today, the girl is absolutely clueless as to why i am angry at her for not helping me, after all i have done for her. oblivious.

"I'm not gonna be made to feel like I did something wrong when I didn't"

is she fucking crazy?

i gotta get this bitch outta my place STAT

Step 1: New Locks

Step 2: collect her shit

step 3: bring said shit to curb

Step 4: Call her and tell she's out.

Step 5: Leave apartment for the weekend, and turn off cell phone.

She's not your kid...not your wife...not your sister...she doesn't really deserve much more...

she's a bat-shit crazy ex-girlfriend that will end up knocked up from a night of drunken sex while your guard is down.

cut her the fuck out of your life already...

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MANKATO, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said Friday he is certain that NFL players have and are using HGH and is looking forward to the day when the league establishes a testing program to start "evening out the playing field."

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down knows how to treat a lady...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 1: New Locks

Step 2: collect her shit

step 3: bring said shit to curb

Step 4: Call her and tell she's out.

Step 5: Leave apartment for the weekend, and turn off cell phone.

She's not your kid...not your wife...not your sister...she doesn't really deserve much more...

she's a bat-shit crazy ex-girlfriend that will end up knocked up from a night of drunken sex while your guard is down.

cut her the fuck out of your life already...

You left out "go get some flapjacks."

Because this whole thing is taking on a Groundhog Day feel.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mark zuckerberg made 3.8 billion dollars in one day

b_lake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Percy Harvin possibly out for the year...

Seahawks fans, where yat?

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meeting today.

VP of Operations, "Now for Simone's employee relation report for the week"

Dirt says Jeter > Pedroia
Down and JD back and forth get out and not angry.
B_Lake, I will hit that...............
Rock endless reports on thug Hernandez
Stupid Heat fan one day appearance on hump day talking up that cry :baby: LeBum James.
Francis pipe dream on the Royals contending.
Fizzle still can't log in

:)

:kidding:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down knows how to treat a lady...

A lady who owes a roof over her head to nothing but my generousity, that left me stranded on the highway?

Yeah...I got that one covered...

if it was a a buddy...and he was living with me pretty much rent free and did that shit to me? He'd have an ass kicking coming the second I got back...not even a word spoken...just haymakers....

Just a complete dick move...