• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady/Thompkins last play

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how people get pissed when an actually rule, no matter how stupid it is, was called. We were lucky to have a Ref who knew the rule too. Time to get over the tuck rule.

Bare with me as I jump on my soap box will you. I hate it when fans say "its time to get over it" when referring to a playoff type call/play which propelled one team on and another home.

In this case. Oakland fans were favored to get to the superbowl. New England tucked em, and got to and won.

You as a new england fan have no right to tell oakland fans to get over it. You will undoubtedly point towards that superbowl ring as the jump off point to all the great things the pats have done. Oak fans point to that same game as the start of what we've seen from them the same time frame. which has been disgusting football.

So take your ring, and let oakland and every other nfl fan call a spade a spade....tuck rule is stupid.

Ok mini rant over.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not telling Oak fans to get over, just everyone else. Oak has the right to be pissed, as I would too. I should have said that, my bad. Oak had a change to win that game, they did not.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the officials!!!!

:bawling:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a clear hold to me.

If it's committed it should be called.

And no Patriots fan should say anything about calls after they got a lifetime's worth of karma with the "Tuck Rule"

:rollseyes:
you-got-it-nope-9-24-12.gif

Shush.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was very clearly the right call. Tate caught it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:rollseyes:
you-got-it-nope-9-24-12.gif

Shush.gif

:doh:

Just like the tuck rule, that play was 100% unequivocally THE CORRECTL FREEKING CALL!!! That was not an interception. Why do people still stupidly say that was a pick??? It's not a pick 'til he hits the ground & maintains SOLE possession throughout the fall, and Tate had his hands on the ball when Jenkins' leg was still chest level. :gaah:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone should get over all bad calls except for the Fail Mary which was CLEARLY an interception to anyone who isn't a complete idiot. Get over the rest of them, though.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

Just like the tuck rule, that play was 100% unequivocally THE CORRECTL FREEKING CALL!!! That was not an interception. Why do people still stupidly say that was a pick??? It's not a pick 'til he hits the ground & maintains SOLE possession throughout the fall, and Tate had his hands on the ball when Jenkins' leg was still chest level. :gaah:

Which was the point of the rebuttal, but you have to look at what I was responding to. If you believe it was the right call...don't bring up the so called "Tuck Rule."

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a catch, they just missed the Offensive PI on Tate.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Everyone should get over all bad calls except for the Fail Mary which was CLEARLY an interception to anyone who isn't a complete idiot. Get over the rest of them, though.

I think you meant to anyone who isn't a bitter homer who doesn't understand the rules.

An interception or reception in the end zone isn't complete until the player has landed on the ground and maintained possession of the football until his momentum has stopped. That means Jenkins couldn't have had an interception until this moment:

n8n7.jpg

However, if the offensive player has ANY possession of the football, the tie goes to the receiver. It doesn't matter who has "more" possession; if Tate has both hands on the ball, the reception goes to him. And Tate clearly has both hands on the ball at this point when Jennings' leg is still chest high in the air:

3mzr.jpg

The only people who call this a pick are people who don't understand the rules or media jackasses who just wanted a BS excuse to trash the replacement ref's because they sided with the referees in the contract negotiations.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's you who doesn't understand the rule.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control

Control is not possession. Control comes before possession and is actually required for it. You absolutely don't need to hit the ground to have control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1k5TtvrQCE]Sports Science Packers vs Seahawks - YouTube[/ame]

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you just admit your team failed to actually win the game? They had how many chances to completely shut down the Patriots and failed!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a simultaneous catch. Tate caught the ball then the packers tried unsuccessfully to rip it out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Actually, it's you who doesn't understand the rule.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control

Control is not possession. Control comes before possession and is actually required for it. You absolutely don't need to hit the ground to have control.

Jennings didn't have sole "control" of the ball either. Tate had both hands on it before anyone established "control" or possession.

It was not and should not have been called an interception.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings didn't have sole "control" of the ball either. Tate had both hands on it before anyone established "control" or possession.

It was not and should not have been called an interception.

Did you watch the video? Jennings was controlling the ball with 2 hands well before Tate got a second hand in. Control comes before feet touch the ground. Are Niners fans this sensitive because the play got them home field advantage? Don't worry, you would have won at Lambeau, too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did you watch the video? Jennings was controlling the ball with 2 hands well before Tate got a second hand in. Control comes before feet touch the ground. Are Niners fans this sensitive because the play got them home field advantage? Don't worry, you would have won at Lambeau, too.

Yes I watched the video, and Control of the ball means the ball can't be moving at all. By the time the ball is secured, both players have their hands on it.

And I have absolutely no skin in the game about this call. It didn't matter to the 49ers; they didn't win a SB anyway.

And Harbaugh has pretty much established he can beat the packers regardless of where they play, so that isn't much of a consideration.