• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady: "I am not retiring" 1/5/2020

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then this begs the question can the Pats, in the off season bring in enough talent to make that happen? I am not sure the Pats have the cap space after signing him to make that happen.

I don’t think so. They will have to hope and keep their fingers crossed that another year in the system and being healthy can help Harry and Sanu. Maybe complete that trade for Hurst the TE.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so. They will have to hope and keep their fingers crossed that another year in the system and being healthy can help Harry and Sanu. Maybe complete that trade for Hurst the TE.
How does another year help Harry get seperation. Shit they might as well add 15 lbs of muscle to him and convert him to TE then draft a WR that can get seperation.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does another year help Harry get seperation. Shit they might as well add 15 lbs of muscle to him and convert him to TE then draft a WR that can get seperation.

I felt Harry did better than the stats show. I swear it seemed like whenever he made a nice play there was a penalty on Edelman. The bad call that canceled his touchdown. But he is a big WR. I wouldn’t be opposed to him bulking up and going to TE. He’d be a hell of a mismatch for any LB or Safety trying to cover him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt Harry did better than the stats show. I swear it seemed like whenever he made a nice play there was a penalty on Edelman. The bad call that canceled his touchdown. But he is a big WR. I wouldn’t be opposed to him bulking up and going to TE. He’d be a hell of a mismatch for any LB or Safety trying to cover him.

Exactly

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Breer also emphatically states in that article that Kraft will NOT intercede in any negotiations between Bill and Tom

I'll believe it when it actually happens. The whole Jimmy G situation where Kraft pretty much forced the trade to happen against what BB wanted makes me think Kraft has no problem stepping in when it comes to Brady.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry will be just fine at WR. Just because he won’t win in the way Edelman or Julio Jones doesn’t mean he can’t win. He just turned 22, give him a chance to learn the nuances of the position.

I would add that if the Pats really want to maximize his skill set they will need to change up a little of how they run the offense. Have him run a lot of comeback routes where he can body up a defender. Have him run some fade routes where Brady (or whoever is playing QB) can throw the back shoulder throws that Harry is so good at. Have him run slants where again he can use his body to get into position better. Having him try to run in/out routes is just setting the guy up for failure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add that if the Pats really want to maximize his skill set they will need to change up a little of how they run the offense. Have him run a lot of comeback routes where he can body up a defender. Have him run some fade routes where Brady (or whoever is playing QB) can throw the back shoulder throws that Harry is so good at. Have him run slants where again he can use his body to get into position better. Having him try to run in/out routes is just setting the guy up for failure.

This too is something most us have eluded to. Maybe its time TB adjust his game to suit the skill sets of his weapons and not vice verce. He is the veteran, he should adjust his game.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC to that first preseason game I think the first couple times they went to Harry before he got hurt were back shoulder throws. So it seemed like early on they understood they wanted to take advantage of that. Whether his injury curtailed him or they just weren’t comfortable adding that back into the offense by the time he came back who knows. But I think Josh has a pretty good track record of playing to what his players do best.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when it actually happens. The whole Jimmy G situation where Kraft pretty much forced the trade to happen against what BB wanted makes me think Kraft has no problem stepping in when it comes to Brady.
Is that fact or the urban legend of people in "the know" knew?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I to am sick of it although I have been sick of it for about 2 months now.

I said this before if TB wants to leave Bye, thanks for the memories. The NFL is a business and teams need to know when to cut their losses and move on. Yes TB did not have ample weapons last year, and Yes TB has declined and No I don't think the Pats can make enough moves to offset that.

I disagree. The Pats weren't that far off this past season. You include some of the injuries they endured along with the lack of a true TE and FB and I don't see them being far off.

IMO they need to solidify that TE position with a solid blocking TE that can also catch the ball. Lots of FAs out there and the draft (granted that's a crap shoot) NE should be able to find one. I don't see WR as a serious problem. There is plenty of talent there. JE 11, Sanu with his dicked up ankle, Harry, Meyers, Gunner and Dorsett. I'd be willing to let Dorsett go and find a replacement for him. No super fast, take the top of the defense guys but solid none the less. Brady has done more with less. Granted Bardy's skill set isn't the same but one would hope these more talented WRs can offset that?

NE needs to find some Oline help but again injuries didn't help the cause last year. Develin, if he returns and a TE that can block will help the line greatly.

My draft order is TE, OL, best Defensive player available (building for the future) a DL, DE or DB would be great. Take a shot a WR and a QB after that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad idea if Harry can block. Being a better route runner can assist in separation not just speed. Knowing the play book and where Brady wants you also helps greatly. Also ensure you're not tipping off your moves and subtle pushing off techniques can all help in separation. So yes another year can help in gaining separation.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This too is something most us have eluded to. Maybe its time TB adjust his game to suit the skill sets of his weapons and not vice verce. He is the veteran, he should adjust his game.

Agree, I think we started seeing a lot more comeback routes last season then we had seen in years past.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe Brady should just pout and continue to throw balls to the feet of Harry and Meyers and then continue to throw balls over the head of Dorsett?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Brady should just pout and continue to throw balls to the feet of Harry and Meyers and then continue to throw balls over the head of Dorsett?

Maybe, just maybe, Brady was throwing out his dissatisfaction with the team. Of course, having a less than stellar team for the first time in nine years is unforgivable. I mean, geez. you have the GOAt and can't get him another Gronk and Randy Moss every year. C'mon...man.

Too bad a few weren't Patriot fans from 1960-1985 and then to 1997 before the past 20 happened. This was not going to last forever. Now is the time to start cleaning it up and stop living in the past. Move on or it's going to get a hell of a lot worse.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, Brady was throwing out his dissatisfaction with the team. Of course, having a less than stellar team for the first time in nine years is unforgivable. I mean, geez. you have the GOAt and can't get him another Gronk and Randy Moss every year. C'mon...man.

Too bad a few weren't Patriot fans from 1960-1985 and then to 1997 before the past 20 happened. This was not going to last forever. Now is the time to start cleaning it up and stop living in the past. Move on or it's going to get a hell of a lot worse.
Brady's been more of screamer than a pouter and it's never bothered me a bit. Sure he could sit on his laurels when the chips are down, but he wants his foot on the gas even though the rest of the car isn't ready.