• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford comes from a long line of Big 12, spread offense busts. Only RG3 has really broken that mold, and the jury is still out on him staying healthy. Bradford, unfortunately, has no real strengths and does nothing good to make you say "wow!" He's the very definition of "ok". Two undersized slot receivers aren't going to all of sudden turn this guy into a great QB. Especially now with Sjax gone the Rams run game is going to make things even harder on the poor guy.

I think the Rams draft their next franchise QB next year.

jeeze throw the guy under the door mat didn't you ._. how well is is detriots qb with Megatron? oo right they have just as many playoffs wins as the rams do yet your qb has had weapons for a long time

Even if bradford doesn't have a great year i still wouldn't waste a high pick on a qb. Ask long as everybody on the oline stays health and the wr's get some seperation we should have a pretty sound team

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be 2 QBs in next year's draft with higher upside than 'just ok' and even then they'll have to deal with our '2 undersized slot receivers' and 'no running game'

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our unsized slot receivers will do just fine and I think the running game will be fine also.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford comes from a long line of Big 12, spread offense busts. Only RG3 has really broken that mold, and the jury is still out on him staying healthy. Bradford, unfortunately, has no real strengths and does nothing good to make you say "wow!" He's the very definition of "ok". Two undersized slot receivers aren't going to all of sudden turn this guy into a great QB. Especially now with Sjax gone the Rams run game is going to make things even harder on the poor guy.

Although I agree with on some of these points, I am willing to see what happens this year. His wow factor is not what I need to see. I want to see quick, good decision making in the pocket, not locking onto 1 WR and looking like a deer in headlights. It may take these WR's a year to learn plays and be comfortable.

Either way, I think Fisher has this team ready to compete and ends up around .500. And I would be happy with that.

I just want to see some flipping consistency. Not 1 QB versus San Fran, then a stinker versus the Jets - watching Sanchez look like an all pro.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Sportsjunkie, I am looking for this year to be a break-out year for Sammie. Blue made the point during the draft that Sammie has to prove himself to be a consistent QB this year for a number of reasons. There is ripple-effect ramifications if Sammie does not progress this year including selecting a QB next year in a QB-rich draft or developing a QB on our roster such as Austin or bringing in somebody who IS going to be that QB that Fisher/Snead have provided the weapons for to be damn explosive. Of course, dare I say it, now that Tebow is officially a free agent, I am quite sure he is on Snead's radar at least in a curiosity sort of way. Yea there is a lot riding on Sammie's shoulders that will affect this club in the near future.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking for a breakout season for Bradford, however I would love it!

I think he needs to improve as he did last year. I know a lot of you are not with me here but the Rams offense had a tough time in the past two years prior to last year in red zone scoring with TD's not FG's.

Early on in the preseason CJF got creative and went for it on 4th down in the preseason later CJF was creative using ST to punch it in to score 6 pts. Near the end of the season, the red zone dilemma was put to bed. Even our red zone rushing game came around and all was good in the red zone in both passing and rushing by seasons end.

Sam will enjoy an improved O line, an improved deep threat in Givens, T. Austin and Steadman, an improved slot production in Cook, Austin, and Petitis.

The run will have challenges and I expect some growing pains with passes to the RB's compared to last year in total.

The QB to WR timing will also take some work. Sometimes these things click right away, other times it takes work, either way, CJF will take his time much to the dismay of some of you.

We have a pretty tough schedule to boot, but lets face it, our best experienced WR is a sophomore in Givens, our most experienced WR is Pettis who has been pressed for playing time in the past 2 years, we have too pretty good TE's and only one has worked with Bradford before playing in his third season. We have three sophomore RB's and one rookie late rounder and 2 rookie WR's.

Those are the play makers.

With that much inexperience and lack of time working together let's not expect the world early on. I do however expect these factors to gel together as the season progresses.

That's where I stand...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Bradford's last guaranteed year. I don't care about the yardage or the passer rating. If Bradford doesn't look like a top 10 QB this year he'll be cut, traded, or required to take a significant cut in his $14M 2014 salary. There's no good reason to pay that sort of money to a $7M QB. There will be a lot of difficult financial decisions at the end of the year regarding Bradford, Saffold, Wells, & Finnegan.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fastforward. With the drafting of Barrett Jones, Wells may be done with us next year. Saffold is privately still miffed and he is not going to want to stay at RT after his contract expires unless they give him substantial bucks, so he'll probably be gonso. That leaves Sammie and Finnegan. Sammie will go the route you and others have intimated at because if he doesn't improve I see what you stated happening. Finnegan may or may not take a cut in pay but he may just take a minimal hike to stick around and the Rams will draft accordingly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barrett Jones was a good enough pick at the spot that we got him that we can just say he was a BPA pick. He certainly gives us flexibility on the line which is always a good thing. There are always injuries on the oline

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barrett Jones was a good enough pick at the spot that we got him that we can just say he was a BPA pick. He certainly gives us flexibility on the line which is always a good thing. There are always injuries on the oline

Jones was converted to center but originally played a lot at tackle. He could be projected as a right tackle by Fisher and company. That said, we may still see the Rams move Saffold to one of the many teams seeking a left tackle and clear up some cap space to sign much needed Safety Quintin Mikell.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnegan is under contract for $9M next year. It's unlikely he'll be seen as value for money. The problem is that we have to make the decision straight after the Super Bowl, (or guarantee him the first $3M next year). Cutting him would bring forward his future $3M cap hit into this year and we're struggling for space. I agree with Wells likely being cut before the 2014 season. I'm not convinced that Jones is the solution, but we'll see. Dahl is in a similar situation this year. Most think he'll be released or required to take a sizeable cut in his $4M salary. The point I was trying to make is that we're very much in a 1 year window rather than in a period of stability.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Sam has a bad year and Finnegan doesn't stick around, Fisher is putting this team in a situation where another QB could come in and "manage the game".

You can win in this league with a solid defense, pounding the rock - all with a QB that just manages the game properly and executes.

Maybe not win a super bowl, but you can make it to the playoffs. Of course I want to win another super bowl, but finding a 1 year replacement via FA or the draft at QB doesn't worry me. The pieces are being put into place.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Shoot Sportsjunkie. If that is all you're looking for at this juncture if and after Sammie folds, he's sittin on the bench in the form of both Clemons and Austin. I'd take either one to just "manage" the game ala Fisher style. If you want more pizzazz, bring in Tebow. All three I would be in favor of until the next franchise QB comes along.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro I was talking worse case scenerio - our QB lays an egg.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not saying a word about Tebow. :hellno: I'm looking forward to seeing what Austin Davis can do.

But I hope Tebow lands somewhere and gets it going.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys. You are both are going to get your wish about TEbow. Apparently he is heading to the Dolphins.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys. You are both are going to get your wish about TEbow. Apparently he is heading to the Dolphins.

Well Chad Pennington sounds like he is on the way out now for sure.

I would think they may give Tebow the chance to compete for the starting job, we'll see.

I know they like Tannehill but dude threw more Int's than TD's and Moore looks to see more pine getting benched for the rookie last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Vita. Tebow coming into the mix definitely will ramp-up the QB competition down there. It ought to be an interesting OTAs in about a week.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Tebow goes I still don't think he'll ever be anywhere close to successful as a long term QB.