• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I'm new to this site so greetings to all I have not met over on CBS. Also if someone else has discussed this here then I'm sorry for doubling up on it.

Bradford's 2012 numbers:
328/551 (59.5%) 3702 yards 21 TD 13 INT

Flacco's 2012 numbers:
317/531 (59.7%) 3817 yards 22TD 10 INT

Flacco gets gets a slight nod for the better numbers, but he was also throwing to Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Anquan Boldin, and Dennis Pitta while Sam was throwing to clearly lesser pass catchers. Even Ray Rice caught 61 passes out of the backfield last year while SJ only caught 38. Long story short, Flacco had a lot more to work with and put up slightly better numbers. Take this as a knock on Flacco or support of Bradford(I intend both) but the Rams have themselves a guy they can build around and I think the additions of Long, Cook, Austin, and Bailey to the developing Givens has this offense moving in the right direction.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I'm new to this site so greetings to all I have not met over on CBS. Also if someone else has discussed this here then I'm sorry for doubling up on it.

Bradford's 2012 numbers:
328/551 (59.5%) 3702 yards 21 TD 13 INT

Flacco's 2012 numbers:
317/531 (59.7%) 3817 yards 22TD 10 INT

Flacco gets gets a slight nod for the better numbers, but he was also throwing to Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Anquan Boldin, and Dennis Pitta while Sam was throwing to clearly lesser pass catchers. Even Ray Rice caught 61 passes out of the backfield last year while SJ only caught 38. Long story short, Flacco had a lot more to work with and put up slightly better numbers. Take this as a knock on Flacco or support of Bradford(I intend both) but the Rams have themselves a guy they can build around and I think the additions of Long, Cook, Austin, and Bailey to the developing Givens has this offense moving in the right direction.

MUTIGERS!!! Glad to see you made it over here.

Yes Flacco does have the talent around him to succeed... That is what the front office and the coaching staff are suppose to do... The Ravens have done that in the past and the Rams have not... But that has changed with this off season and draft. While we do not know if we have a viable replacement to Steven Jackson, we have upgraded our offensive line and our WR core. This upgraded offensive line will give Bradford more protection and will allow him more time to throw to his WRs.

I understand your argument.. Flacco is no Matt Ryan and will never be a Tom Brady/Drew Brees type of QB... But he did get it done and made the throws necessary to win... And he has playoff victories and SB ring... Bradford does not have that so Flacco would obviously get the nod. It's shame we rank QBs based on post season victories and rings... I believe Dan Marino is one of the best to play the position... but when compared to Joe Montana, Marino's post season is pathetic and has no rings compared to Montana...

In short, Bradford is a good QB who now has the talent to help him succeed where as before, the talent around him was anything but stellar.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome Shane, blue brought me over here so he deserves a shout out.

I am huge on playoff performance(Big Ben and Eli Manning are my other 2 favorite QB's after all) so as you said Flacco gets the nod. That being said though Flacco has thrown some playoff games away(2010 to Steelers). In time he grew and became a good big game QB. Bradford has every ability that Flacco does and more and I think the numbers support that. Now its a matter of keeping him clean and the safe stocked with weapons. He will grow, he will get better, and I really believe that he will be seen as a top tier QB at some point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford can be in that tier of QBs that can win you a championship if you have everything else around him. He isn't really a big play extender like Big Ben or an elite QB that can carry a team like Rodgers but I think he can be built around like a Flacco.

Its good to see another Mizzou fan, btw.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome Shane, blue brought me over here so he deserves a shout out.

I am huge on playoff performance(Big Ben and Eli Manning are my other 2 favorite QB's after all) so as you said Flacco gets the nod. That being said though Flacco has thrown some playoff games away(2010 to Steelers). In time he grew and became a good big game QB. Bradford has every ability that Flacco does and more and I think the numbers support that. Now its a matter of keeping him clean and the safe stocked with weapons. He will grow, he will get better, and I really believe that he will be seen as a top tier QB at some point.

Hats off to blue! And welcome mutiger! We've been waiting on you. I was just welcoming Caynine to SportsHoopla and mentioned you as MIA. Glad you made it over!

You make some good points here about the comparisons between this year's SB Champ at QB and the Rams QB.

We have surrounded Sam with a lot of 'young talent' and given time, I think we will start to see the development of a pretty good offense!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigers, you made it, nice. Caynine glad you got here. Guys the site is cool we should have a lot of fun here.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go... Bradford vs. the World.

Joe Flacco was pretty good dow the stretch run and in the playoffs. Stepped up bigtime.

Sam is good, then bad, then good, then bad, the good, then really bad.

stats don't mean shit. :10:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, I don't believe I know you from previous site. I'm a student at MU and have been a life long fan. When I was little I thought Kordell Stewart and Corby Jones were the same person and thats how I became a huge Steelers fan. As far as Bradford goes I think he can make those big plays if he has someone to catch the ball(DX in his short stint here).

Vita, thank for the kind words, sorry about your Lakers. At least its over now, right?

blue, the lack of Rams fans over there was killing me. I'm pretty much going to be using MnC for Steelers and here for Rams. That's why I decided to just leave the Steelers off my favorite teams.

SJ, you watch your mouth about stats...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, I don't believe I know you from previous site. I'm a student at MU and have been a life long fan. When I was little I thought Kordell Stewart and Corby Jones were the same person and thats how I became a huge Steelers fan. As far as Bradford goes I think he can make those big plays if he has someone to catch the ball(DX in his short stint here).
Columbia born and raised here. Im a refugee from ESPN's busted boards and not CBS.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbia born and raised here. Im a refugee from ESPN's busted boards and not CBS.

I'm a STL kid. Got my first job though so I could buy Mizzou season tickets though.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigers I like this site, I still go on the mudNcleats for the Browns page. I have quite a few friends there and the Browns are my 2nd team. I guess misery love company for both Rams and Browns fans.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a STL kid. Got my first job though so I could buy Mizzou season tickets though.
I prefer going to Mizzou basketball games over Mizzou football games. And generally STL Cardinals games and STL Rams games are better than both because of the quality of the team being put on the field but I support them all pretty equally.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blue, the Draft I did over there was too much fun. Gotta stick around after that.

Clayton, I usually go to 7-10 Cards game a year, I make 1 trip a year to see the Steelers, usually go to 2-3 Blues games and go to a Rams game when I happen across free tickets(surprisingly often). Mizzou I don't miss though. As a student I have missed 3 basketball games in 2 years. 1 of those was for a funeral and another because I was in Tennessee for the Mizzou football game. Mizzou football trumps all. I have been to 26 straight home games and 32 games in the past 4 years. My goal is to get to 100 straight home games and to 500 total games in my life. At some point I want to go to 10 consecutive complete seasons, that will probably have to wait until retirement though.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did a nice job on the draft mutigers on the mudncleats site. You were right though when this site opened up the Rams fans came here. I still like that site though, it is just here I can talk Rams, Lakers, Dodgers and NASCAR all on the same site, that is cool.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who don't know, I didn't a collaborative mock draft over and Mud-N-Cleats. I represented the Rams. I didn't make any trades because no one really gave me an offer I liked. Here's what I wound up getting:
1a. Patterson, Cordarrelle WR - Tennessee
1b. Elam, Matt S - Florida
2. Long, Kyle OL - Oregon
3. Bell, Le'Veon RB - Michigan State
4. Gooden, Zaviar LB - Missouri
5. Jefferson, Tony S - Oklahoma
6. Uzzi, Omoregie OG - Georgia Tech
7. Moe, T.J. WR - Missouri

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigers I like this site, I still go on the mudNcleats for the Browns page. I have quite a few friends there and the Browns are my 2nd team. I guess misery love company for both Rams and Browns fans.

Gee Blue, you had to deal with Pat Shumer twice. Sorry that had to suck! But being a Brown fan did you see that Bradford and McCoy had relatively the same stats their rookie years, if you projected McCoys stats out to as many pass attempts that Bradford had, McCoy actually had better stats in a few areas. Plus McCoy didn't have the greatest weapons either! Just saying!:2cents:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy also got put to sleep because he ran straight at the fiercest hitter in the game and ducked, nighty night brownie! McCoy's biggest problem was the division he played in, he never really figured out the Balt or PIT defensive schemes. Not like he was given much opportunity to work it out though.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smed, yea I thought that McCoy really wasn't given the best chance to succeed with the Browns and yea mutigers, he did go nitey nite. The biggest problem the Browns have is their division with the Steelers , Ravens and Bengals. It is simular now with the Rams as the 49ers and Seahawks have improved so much. Plus the Browns although easily one of the best fan bases in the NFL have been mugged by poor coaching, sleasy GMs that only care about their income and a owner that doesn't care 2 cents about winning. Now the Browns have a new owner (a Steelers fan) and what happens, his string of Truck Stops, exects and himself are being investigated for fraud by the government. The Browns fans and Dog Pound can't catch a break.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford comes from a long line of Big 12, spread offense busts. Only RG3 has really broken that mold, and the jury is still out on him staying healthy. Bradford, unfortunately, has no real strengths and does nothing good to make you say "wow!" He's the very definition of "ok". Two undersized slot receivers aren't going to all of sudden turn this guy into a great QB. Especially now with Sjax gone the Rams run game is going to make things even harder on the poor guy.

I think the Rams draft their next franchise QB next year.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Swarm, I disagree that Bradford can't be better than just OK, and I think the slot receivers + line help + same OC + RB by committee will help. I think Jackson was leaned on too much by the Rams and now they can't, Bradford has to be good and I think he will and advance up a level. That said, if he doesn't this season, I agree, this time next season the Rams will have drafted a QB in the 1st round.