• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BPA or fill holes?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just caught an article about relief pitching, but I copied the last paragraph, as it applies directly to this thread:

Hahn also laid out specific areas the White Sox will be targeting this winter: right field, designated hitter, starting pitcher. That’s likely where the team’s dollars will be going.
it won't be at the start of the season but i expect robert to primarily be our cf next season. so why not l. garcia in rf? this makes perfect and economical sense to me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it won't be at the start of the season but i expect robert to primarily be our cf next season. so why not l. garcia in rf? this makes perfect and economical sense to me.
I had Garcia as one of the RF options when I put out that kinda wish list for going after free agents in the offseason. Maybe he'd like to return to the Sox, who knows.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Let's just start here (bolded is a surety):

C - McCann
1B - Abreu (Probably bold but I don't count chickens until official)
2B - Madrigal
3B - Moncada
SS - Anderson
LF - Jimenez
CF - Robert backed up by Engel/Garcia?
RF - Garcia?
DH - ?

SP - Giolito
SP - Lopez
SP - Kopech?
SP - Rodon?
SP - Cease
CL - Colome
MR - Bummer, Marshall, Covey, Fry, Herrera, Fulmer, Cordero. Ruiz (Which ones from the non-bold for sure don't know, but obv not all of them)

Bench:
Backup catcher?
Collins
Mendick
*pukes* Palka?

I mean...You look at our pitching and say...We've got a sh*t ton of question marks at SP but the relief should be a'ight...then you look at our bench and you are like...Oh....WTF is going on over here? So many spots to fill for this team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good analysis (and bolding at that) Jiddy. Very little editing on my part except Herrera is under contract with the Sox again this coming year, so unless he's traded, he'll be on the roster. My own personal preference to add is Cordero. As for the bench, I'd like to see Engel make the squad again, but of course strictly bench, as he's the best defensive OF in the entire organization, and that has value. Maybe Palka finally came alive there at the end of the season, but I'd like to see more proof of that with at least a half year of minors to see how he fares down there.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good analysis (and bolding at that) Jiddy. Very little editing on my part except Herrera is under contract with the Sox again this coming year, so unless he's traded, he'll be on the roster. My own personal preference to add is Cordero. As for the bench, I'd like to see Engel make the squad again, but of course strictly bench, as he's the best defensive OF in the entire organization, and that has value. Maybe Palka finally came alive there at the end of the season, but I'd like to see more proof of that with at least a half year of minors to see how he fares down there.

It really comes down to that Jerry is going to have to make 3 big signings (1 of which is Abreu...so really 2 after that) and then Hahn is going to have to find some diamonds in the middle tiers to plug about 5 other holes and then we might be improved enough to make a run, assuming the other guys in bold play like they did this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really comes down to that Jerry is going to have to make 3 big signings (1 of which is Abreu...so really 2 after that) and then Hahn is going to have to find some diamonds in the middle tiers to plug about 5 other holes and then we might be improved enough to make a run, assuming the other guys in bold play like they did this year.
Agreed. Abreu is priority one and it's the one signing that can be done before the official free agency period kicks in. SP is next, followed by a DH and/or RF. As productive as our bats were in September, we still finished 3rd from the bottom in runs scored in the AL, so we need another stick at the very least.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wrote l. garcia.
but avi would probably work out too.
Oh, LOL - got it. I guess I had Avi on the brain after watching him smack a two run homer and helping his Rays advance last night to the Divisional Series.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wrote l. garcia.
but avi would probably work out too.

Avisail Garcia is a thought since it looks like he's a FA. What happens to Leury if we went there, assuming Robert played in the outfield?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avisail Garcia is a thought since it looks like he's a FA. What happens to Leury if we went there, assuming Robert played in the outfield?
Avi is a FA this year, no options on him by the Rays.