• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Box Office 2014

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I knew it was coming. This dingbat is going to start referring to himself in third-person. :L

What's next? "The Dolester?" :L

Dolester...I think the first digit is wrong :whistle:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've never even heard of the most successful western of the last 40 years but I can assure you that an obscure Pekinpah film was one of the greatest ever." - Oscar (right on cue) :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first Jump Street was pretty good. Haven't seen the 2nd one. The others on those list? Yeah.. Probably won't ever watch any of them outside of the small chance I'm desperate and they're on Netflix or HBO

Second is decent. Liked it better than the first, actually

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love good westerns.

Chato's Land was another really good one.

I love all periods of westerns, even really old stuff sometimes, but my favorite period if the late 1960's to early 1980's. One of my Bronson faves is Breakheart Pass and the entire movie is on YouTube. I got it on DVD in one of those cheap multi-packs. To me, that was a great time in westerns.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it basically just comes down to the fact that the movies this summer were just not that good. A lot of pretty average stuff that just wasn't worth spending the money on. I guess that's my opinion, but look at the major releases this summer.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Looked cheesy, didn't see it because the first one was just laughably bad. The only reason these movies are even being made is so Sony can keep the rights to Spiderman.

Neighbors- Looked like your standard Seth Rogan movie that we've seen a million times before. Might be decent enough, but I'm not spending $10 to go see it.

Godzilla - Actually saw this one. Pretty much a perfect summer movie. Really enjoyed it.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Again, saw it. Probably the best X-Men movie yet. A breath of fresh air after The Wolverine which was pretty mediocre.

Maleficent- Didn't look bad, but again not worth shelling out $10 for.

Edge of Tomorrow- Saw this one too. It's pretty much your basic Tom Cruise Sci-Fi flick. Not great, but not bad by any means. Worth a watch, but probably not $10.

22 Jump Street- Surprisingly good sequel. Very self-aware film.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - Liked the first one, couldn't justify spending $10 to see the sequel though. This is really looked like a renter unless you have young kids.

Transformers 4- Michael Bay. That's all you need to know.

Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2: Electric Bugaloo - I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought the first one was plot-hole ridden pile of crap. Was not interested at in the sequel.

Sex Tape - Meh.

The Purge 2 - First one looked absolutely stupid. Could not justify seeing this.

Hercules - Just another stereotypical ancient times war movie. Meh.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Looks good, will be seeing it.

TMNT - See Transformers 4.

Expendables 3 - Haven't see any of the others, but they might be entertaining. Again, probably not worth $10.

$10 is pretty much a minimal price here too. That's pretty average for where I am, but I know prices are closer to $15 in a lot of places. Then you have to spend another $10 if you want food and a drink. It's just not worth it, but again that's just my opinion.

Of those, I have not seen or have no desire to see Spiderman 2, Maleficent, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Apes, Purge 2 and TMNT.

Neighbors I didn't think was that good. I thought that This is the End was way better than this one.

I thought Godzilla was pretty good. Was way better than that garbage from 1998. Definitely a good theater movie.

X-Men DOFP I agree was definitely up there among the best X-Men movies (X2 and First Class).

Edge of Tomorrow was one I was considering seeing in theaters but just never got around to it but I'll check it out when it comes to Redbox.

22 Jump Street was a good, solid sequel. Thought it was just as good as the first.

Transformers 4 - better than the last 2 but not as good as the first if that says anything.

Sex Tape is one I can wait until Redbox. Didn't look interesting enough to pay theater price for.

Hercules is probably another one that can wait till Redbox. Brett Ratner hasn't made a decent movie in a long time so I'm apprehensive about it.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks decent. I'll probably catch this after it's been in the theaters for a few weeks once the crowds die down.

Expendables 3 - I thought that the first 2 were good. They're both mindless action movies with a lot of stuff blowing up and people being shot and this one will probably be no exception. So I'll probably see this one as well, even though it's PG-13.

The only time I really even try to get to the theaters is on Tuesday nights when they have cheap night around here where you can get a ticket for $6 and small drinks and popcorn are $2 each and you can get free refills. It's normally around $8.50 for the matinees and around $11 for the evening showings.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all periods of westerns, even really old stuff sometimes, but my favorite period if the late 1960's to early 1980's. One of my Bronson faves is Breakheart Pass and the entire movie is on YouTube. I got it on DVD in one of those cheap multi-packs. To me, that was a great time in westerns.

Breakheart Pass was very good.

White Buffalo was a technical failure.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakheart Pass was very good.

White Buffalo was a technical failure.
How about this? :pound::pound:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXHkFZ-nG4Y]Blazing Saddles Fart Scene - YouTube[/ame]

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should we? I mean the average price of a ticket (alone) is what $11.50 and then add popcorn and a drink about you are already out $22 bucks by yourself! plus all Hollywood is doing is remaking movies.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should we? I mean the average price of a ticket (alone) is what $11.50 and then add popcorn and a drink about you are already out $22 bucks by yourself! plus all Hollywood is doing is remaking movies.

They want too much to sit you down and have you overpay for popcorn and drinks.

For what you spend on a movie and food, add a little more and dazzle the woman.
Dinner at a small ethnic restaurant with outstanding food and 2 drinks = $35.
Later to one or more clubs with music and dancing for the cover charge and maybe 1 more drink = $40

Total date cost = $75.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want too much to sit you down and have you overpay for popcorn and drinks.

For what you spend on a movie and food, add a little more and dazzle the woman.
Dinner at a small ethnic restaurant with outstanding food and 2 drinks = $35.
Later to one or more clubs with music and dancing for the cover charge and maybe 1 more drink = $40

Total date cost = $75.

and that $75 dollars is on the low side.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First this.

Which really lends credibility to his qualification to say this. Laughable as always, Oscar. :L

Open Range is not one of the great Westerns of all time. Would not rank in the top 25.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open Range is not one of the great Westerns of all time. Would not rank in the top 25.

How do you know? 15 minutes ago you told us you never even heard of it.

You are so full of shit you forget your lies, Oscar. :L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is better than most of the movies that have come out this summer.