• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowman reworks contract

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rewarded soon enough? He just got a fat deal before last season..

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do they give him 5 years. I expect him to riding someone's bench by 2016.

Haha that is just a dumb ass statement, I hope you are trying to be funny and really aren't that dumb

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Well we know this kid doesn't watch football. U cant even compare the 2. 2 totally different QBs.

Kid, hahaha, that’s funny:laugh3:, I am almost willing to guarantee that I am older than you, kid, and I am sure I have played more FB than you. The fact that your nose is so far up Kap’s ass is what is funny. And yes you can compare them. Both of them got this team to the Conference Championship. IF Kap would not have fucked up this year we would have won a SB. Look at what Smith did in KC this past year. The biggest knock on Alex is that he is a game manager, but yet Kap cannot manage the 4th quarter, and when his team needs him to make a big play he fucks up and throws a HORRIBLE INT when he had a wide open receiver on the other side of the field for a TD and the win. On that play, against Sherman and the Seahawks we NEEDED an Alex Smith type of QB, not a run and gun Kap. IF you think Kap is an Elite QB then you don't know squat about FB my friend. IF you think we need or should have a Vick type of QB then I have no hope for you.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kid, hahaha, that’s funny:laugh3:, I am almost willing to guarantee that I am older than you, kid, and I am sure I have played more FB than you. The fact that your nose is so far up Kap’s ass is what is funny. And yes you can compare them. Both of them got this team to the Conference Championship. IF Kap would not have fucked up this year we would have won a SB. Look at what Smith did in KC this past year. The biggest knock on Alex is that he is a game manager, but yet Kap cannot manage the 4th quarter, and when his team needs him to make a big play he fucks up and throws a HORRIBLE INT when he had a wide open receiver on the other side of the field for a TD and the win. On that play, against Sherman and the Seahawks we NEEDED an Alex Smith type of QB, not a run and gun Kap. IF you think Kap is an Elite QB then you don't know squat about FB my friend. IF you think we need or should have a Vick type of QB then I have no hope for you.

First Kap is better than Vick. Second Alex is a seasoned vet. You said you know a lot about FB, so I should have to explain the difference between a vet and a 2nd year starter. Third, I'm a big Alex fan because of who he is as a person, but the games vs GB, or the game against Atlanta in the nfc championship, or the SB vs the ravens, Alex Smith doesn't win the Green Bay playoff games, the NFC championship vs the falcons, or come storming back in the SB. Let's not forget, the defense let us down in the SB, not the offense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Kap is better than Vick. Second Alex is a seasoned vet. You said you know a lot about FB, so I should have to explain the difference between a vet and a 2nd year starter. Third, I'm a big Alex fan because of who he is as a person, but the games vs GB, or the game against Atlanta in the nfc championship, or the SB vs the ravens, Alex Smith doesn't win the Green Bay playoff games, the NFC championship vs the falcons, or come storming back in the SB. Let's not forget, the defense let us down in the SB, not the offense.

With our team, coaches, and a different gameplan, you don't know that. Maybe we don't start out with a pick 6 in one GB game? (Fewer points needed later.) Maybe we don't have a few three and outs in the Atlanta game (aggressive plays)? (Rests the defense and better field position.) Maybe we don't get down by 17 to the Falcons or as much to the Ravens. (I think the SB would be a close loss - that's how much I trust the coaches.)

Heck, maybe with a different game plan at QB, the punt returner breaks one for a TD simply because it was at a different point of the game? Football is a game of inches and every player who plays, especially QB affects the run team, the passing game, the defense, the opposing team's gameplan, etc. Everyone says, "Smith doesn't comeback from 17." How the heck do we know we get down by 17 with him at the helm? Yes, I know that this also opens up the possibility of more points down or a loss - but the point is - it's not the same game.

Notice: This nowhere says that Smith is better than Kaepernick or that the decision was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep had 1 WR last year in Boldin, now he gets Crabtree back healthy and Stevie who had 3-1,000 yard seasons in awful Buffalo. Kaep is better then Smith, better arm, mentally a lot stronger, quicker, faster, stronger and can beat people with his rocket arm or his legs, which he has done in the playoffs. And he is younger too, next

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep had 1 WR last year in Boldin, now he gets Crabtree back healthy and Stevie who had 3-1,000 yard seasons in awful Buffalo. Kaep is better then Smith, better arm, mentally a lot stronger, quicker, faster, stronger and can beat people with his rocket arm or his legs, which he has done in the playoffs. And he is younger too, next

I probably agree with almost all of that (not that Alex Smith is a particularly high bar) but I am curious how he is "mentally a lot stronger."

From an overcoming adversity and keeping your head straight while having to persevere a ton of shit to better managing himself off the field to not making glaring errors at the end of big games to his command of the offense, I think Alex is clearly ahead in the noggin category.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With our team, coaches, and a different gameplan, you don't know that. Maybe we don't start out with a pick 6 in one GB game? (Fewer points needed later.) Maybe we don't have a few three and outs in the Atlanta game (aggressive plays)? (Rests the defense and better field position.) Maybe we don't get down by 17 to the Falcons or as much to the Ravens. (I think the SB would be a close loss - that's how much I trust the coaches.)

Heck, maybe with a different game plan at QB, the punt returner breaks one for a TD simply because it was at a different point of the game? Football is a game of inches and every player who plays, especially QB affects the run team, the passing game, the defense, the opposing team's gameplan, etc. Everyone says, "Smith doesn't comeback from 17." How the heck do we know we get down by 17 with him at the helm? Yes, I know that this also opens up the possibility of more points down or a loss - but the point is - it's not the same game.

Notice: This nowhere says that Smith is better than Kaepernick or that the decision was wrong.

We fell 17 behind more under smith than Kap. Sometimes things just don't click, and when you do get down by that many, you need a guy who can carry his team at the helm. Kap has shown he can do that. It major pressure situations. On the road in the NFC champ game for instance. Or the Super Bowl. Smith can't do that. End of story.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We fell 17 behind more under smith than Kap. Sometimes things just don't click, and when you do get down by that many, you need a guy who can carry his team at the helm. Kap has shown he can do that. It major pressure situations. On the road in the NFC champ game for instance. Or the Super Bowl. Smith can't do that. End of story.

Different game, not end of story. Frequency doesn't matter. With Smith's abilities and our coaching staff and the way our defense can play (not always, but can), we were in the scope of being able to go to the SB with Smith. As I said, I wasn't comparing Kaepernick to Smith. No one knows if we beat those teams or not. Kaepernick could give us a better chance, but that doesn't mean we didn't have one under Smith.

Different game, different game plan, different scores, and maybe the same or maybe different ultimate result. It doesn't matter how you say it, you DON'T know whether we'd win those games with Smith or lose them. We were within that range given our team.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably agree with almost all of that (not that Alex Smith is a particularly high bar) but I am curious how he is "mentally a lot stronger."

From an overcoming adversity and keeping your head straight while having to persevere a ton of shit to better managing himself off the field to not making glaring errors at the end of big games to his command of the offense, I think Alex is clearly ahead in the noggin category.

Because Smith never had the confidence, he was always unsure of himself and it took Harbaugh to give him some confidence, probably due to the fact that he was a bust before Harbaugh took over. Kap has the confidence and leadership that you want out of your QB