• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl games - NFL prospect watch

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhh!

Don't tell others on this board. You may start a riot
lol2.gif

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Hey, I certainly would not be upset if Hundley was wearing a new shade of Blue and Gold on Sundays this fall. I just think he will not be there when we choose at 2.10. If he is, it would not be bad to snag him there and then look at better value in round 3 for the O line. I really want Reese Dismukes from Auburn to play Center, but he will probably not be there in the 3rd round for us to pick so that means taking him in the 2nd round.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Winston is Ok, I don't think he is going to be that good of an NFLer, he made alot of mistakes this year, against college teams that "maybe" had one or maybe two good DB's. The NFL is a totally different animal! I think you are "kind of a homer", not as bad as a certain Bradford homer that we all know and love, and there's nothing wrong with talking up your favorite team, but I really didn't think FSU was that good this year, they escaped a few losses this year, but I can't say he doesn't win games!

I'm an SEC fan and I thought that both Miss St and Miss were way overrated at the beginning, I also thought Fla St was, sorry, just my opinion! Don't trash me to hard!:yahoo:

Well we know even if he wins Rookie of the year like Sam it won't be good enough for you right.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Hundley is that I could see the Eagles taking him in Rd 1 which means that the Rams would have to take him pretty high

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know even if he wins Rookie of the year like Sam it won't be good enough for you right.

I really don't think we have to worry about that. And it would depend on what he did to earn ROY. ROY means alot to players, but overall, especially on offense, there usually aren't that many rookies that start right away, so it's not like there is a lot of competition. Griffin also won it, usually if you are a rookie QB and play all 16 games, there is a good chance that you are going to beat out any other rookies, that goes with the position, you lose it's the QB's fault, you win it's because of the QB.

I will say Winston played a lot better than Bradford did his junior and senior year!:yahoo:

I will give Bradford credit for winning ROY, but I still don't think it was a great year by any means, he had a "nice" year for a rookie and has done nothing since!

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed,

FSU won all the games that were put in front of them. Clemson D is pretty stacked and so is Florida - every year! When you win 29 games in a row, it doesn't matter if it's in any college conference.. It's still impressive. And when Clemson owned Oklahoma and Ga Tech beat Miss St, that should tell you that the ACC is far from weak. Boston College, Miami brought their best games against FSU. We beat Clemson without Jameis.

If you think the athletes in the ACC are not that good, go watch Clemson's D or FSUs secondary. There's plenty of talent there.

Oregon is tough. But look at AZ? Stanford looked good, I didn't watch UCLA.

No matter what we are going to get one of the better QB's coming out and yeah, this class is loaded. If we do wait until the 3rd and hope to get Petty, it's risky. We need to grab a young QB and groom him for the future.

And any QB that comes in is going to struggle. Even the best QBs in the league struggle against the NFC West.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Winston is Ok, I don't think he is going to be that good of an
NFLer,

Many scouts are disagreeing with you on this one.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed,

FSU won all the games that were put in front of them. Clemson D is pretty stacked and so is Florida - every year! When you win 29 games in a row, it doesn't matter if it's in any college conference.. It's still impressive. And when Clemson owned Oklahoma and Ga Tech beat Miss St, that should tell you that the ACC is far from weak. Boston College, Miami brought their best games against FSU. We beat Clemson without Jameis.

If you think the athletes in the ACC are not that good, go watch Clemson's D or FSUs secondary. There's plenty of talent there.

Oregon is tough. But look at AZ? Stanford looked good, I didn't watch UCLA.

No matter what we are going to get one of the better QB's coming out and yeah, this class is loaded. If we
do wait until the 3rd and hope to get Petty, it's risky. We need to grab a young QB and groom him for the future.

And any QB that comes in is going to struggle. Even the best QBs in the league struggle against the NFC West.

First of all thanks for not trashing me for my opinion!

I wasnt saying that the ACC didn't have good players, I think ALL college teams only have a few good defensive players, there was a lot of high scoring going on this year. I'm saying most NFL teams "supposedly" have the best players that college had to offer, so obviously any young QB will struggle at the next level, and also veteran QB 's do as you stated.

As we have all already discussed, you are just as likely to find a good QB in the later rounds as you would in the 1st round. We will see next year after all these guys are drafted that most of them weren't worth drafting. You can only judge and go off the information that you have, but it's still a crap shoot, you either hit or miss on these guys and nobody knows for sure.

There are just too many highly rated QB's that are bust's, Im not that impressed by a lot of these guys, but at least one of them will make it, it's just a question of which one it is?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis is somewhere around a Cam newton and Big Ben mix.

Both are playing today in the playoffs.

Petty and Marriota ran spread Offenses so they will need to adjust. Marriota will definitely be gone. Hundley ran a pro style O and should be there in the 2nd, but not sure about him or Petty in the 3rd.

I think we need to get one of these guys. Are there gems later? Usually and I would say yeah, but it's a crapshoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis is somewhere around a Cam newton and Big Ben mix.

Both are playing today in the playoffs.

I don't think he's anywhere near as athletic as Cam. Maybe a raw mix of Big Ben and McNair?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU is balling right now because they are playing inspired ball and have a helluva coach. And that QB has a cannon btw.

OSU is going to be in quite the quandry in the spring; who is their starting QB? All 3 will likely be back, unless Braxton Miller transfers (rumors are spreading lol). Embarrassment of riches...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More accurate than Cam, more mobile than Ben. Not as fast as Cam. Jameis is strong and he's not a bad athlete for sure.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think based on what I see in the mocks after the bowls, Hundley will go between pick 25-38 (which would be just before we pick in round 2) and Petty will go somewhere between pick 65-75 (right where our 3rd rounder falls). Most mocks have Petty as a late 3rd even early 4th but we know he will move up. Hopefully we won't have to move back into the 2nd to get him.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or this qb class just smells like ......poop.

None of them really just make me go :omg:

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hopeful that Shane Carden stays under the radar.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are more than just a QB away from contending. Moving up would result in losing shots at other other players (OL, LB, etc). I'm hoping there are some good options left where we are at.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or this qb class just smells like ......poop.

None of them really just make me go
omg.gif

I see your point there. I would not go so far as to say it is a bad class. Personally, I think MM, Winston,Hundley,Petty and even guys like Prescott,Grayson and Carden are going to be successful in the NFL on the level of say Joe Flacco or better. Is there a Peyton Manning, John Elway, Andrew Luck type "sure fire #1 cannot miss"?? No. But these days, that does not even guarantee success. With a healthy Bradford, I would be VERY happy with Petty as an heir apparent to Bradford

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This QB class has a lot of good players coming out.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really would dig getting Winston/Hundley/Petty and Cato later. Cato if we don't bring back Davis.