• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl games - NFL prospect watch

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. its tough to know how they will adjust to the NFL. especially MM. neither are rated near as high as Sam was coming out. No way I'm giving up picks to move up for either of these guys.
How a player is rated coming out isnt everything but I have a feeling that MM will be long gone by 10 and Winston will drop hard

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How a player is rated coming out isnt everything but I have a feeling that MM will be long gone by 10 and Winston will drop hard

yeah i don't see Tampa passing on him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish we could trade up to get MM. That probably would have to be in the top three picks and he'll probably go number one overall. He is going to be a player if he gets the right coaching and system as well surrounding talent.

That system is exactly what scares me off of Mariota. How much of their dominance is that up-tempo system? It's not like Mariota is out there pin-pointing difficult throws; he's either hitting a wide-open primary receiver or running. Most of these throws there isn't even time to consider a 2nd option. It's like playing defense against an avalanche once they get going. That's not to say Mariota can't be a great pro QB; I just don't see him as a can't-miss target to mortgage the future and trade up for. The last QB to be that was Luck, who played in a pro system at Stanford.

Regardless, Mariota will go very high and be gone by the time the Rams pick. It would be ridiculously expensive to move up from #10 to #1, most likely multiple #1s and 2s. I also don't see him getting that system he needs at Tampa or Tennessee, so his bust potential could be on the rise. At least Tampa has some talented WRs for him to work with, but Lovie is always going to emphasize defense and ball control.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not to say Mariota can't be a great pro QB; I just don't see him as a can't-miss target to mortgage the future and trade up for. The last QB to be that was Luck, who played in a pro system at Stanford.

Regardless, Mariota will go very high and be gone by the time the Rams pick.
I completely agree with all of this.

Id also be selling the Winston stock, too. He'll have a million turnovers in the NFL. I wouldnt want the Rams taking him in the 2nd round let alone the 1st

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That system is exactly what scares me off of Mariota. How much of their dominance is that up-tempo system? It's not like Mariota is out there pin-pointing difficult throws; he's either hitting a wide-open primary receiver or running. Most of these throws there isn't even time to consider a 2nd option. It's like playing defense against an avalanche once they get going. That's not to say Mariota can't be a great pro QB; I just don't see him as a can't-miss target to mortgage the future and trade up for. The last QB to be that was Luck, who played in a pro system at Stanford.

Regardless, Mariota will go very high and be gone by the time the Rams pick. It would be ridiculously expensive to move up from #10 to #1, most likely multiple #1s and 2s. I also don't see him getting that system he needs at Tampa or Tennessee, so his bust potential could be on the rise. At least Tampa has some talented WRs for him to work with, but Lovie is always going to emphasize defense and ball control.

You are correct, good to great college QB's often don't even become decent NFL QB's. The Houston Cougars had Klingler, Ware, Kolb, and Keenum, all put up HUGE numbers, why because of their system! David Carr was a can't miss, he was in a similar situation as Bradford, only on an even worse team, and was sacked right out of the league.

You never really with any QB, there are the rare exceptions of the guy that does live up to all the hype, but that is why the NFl is littered with average QB's, which is what Bradford is!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with all of this.

Id also be selling the Winston stock, too. He'll have a million turnovers in the NFL. I wouldnt want the Rams taking him in the 2nd round let alone the 1st

I agree. I bet the Rams are praying he's not there at 10 so they don't have to make that decision or hear about it if he does work out lol.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, good to great college QB's often don't even become decent NFL QB's. The Houston Cougars had Klingler, Ware, Kolb, and Keenum, all put up HUGE numbers, why because of their system! David Carr was a can't miss, he was in a similar situation as Bradford, only on an even worse team, and was sacked right out of the league.

You never really with any QB, there are the rare exceptions of the guy that does live up to all the hype, but that is why the NFl is littered with average QB's, which is what Bradford is!

sorry your wrong again. if sam would have went to a team with talent and a good D he would have been fine. say the steelers or Ravens. he has just as much skill as Flacco or Ben. he has way above arm strength and accuracy. that is why its so hard to give up on him if your the rams the talent is there.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry your wrong again. if sam would have went to a team with talent and a good D he would have been fine. say the steelers or Ravens. he has just as much skill as Flacco or Ben. he has way above arm strength and accuracy. that is why its so hard to give up on him if your the rams the talent is there.

Again, the proof is in the pudding, you are assuming, once again, that's all you ever do, there is no proof or facts about anything you say, it's always if, or "I think" . Good QB's in today's NFL complete 60% of their passes, Sammie is just under that for his career, so where is this accuracy that you speak of? On top of that he has always thrown short passes, he should be completing over 70% of his throws! Again there is no proof in anything you ever say about Sammie, your man love for this guy is unbelievable!

I will agree with you, that Sammie could win with these teams, ala Trent Dilfer, average QB!

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a Flacco fan, even though he seems to have all the tools. Ben on the other hand I would take over Bradford every time. He may not have the measurables, but he gets the job done.

Bradford was essentially a 1-read spread QB just like most of the current crop. Sure, he has the tools, but whether by fault of health or offensive scheme, he's been a dink/dunk QB when he is actually out there. He seems to lack the nads to push the ball down field too often.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a Flacco fan, even though he seems to have all the tools. Ben on the other hand I would take over Bradford every time. He may not have the measurables, but he gets the job done.

Bradford was essentially a 1-read spread QB just like most of the current crop. Sure, he has the tools, but whether by fault of health or offensive scheme, he's been a dink/dunk QB when he is actually out there. He seems to lack the nads to push the ball down field too often.

:agree:Or into the end zone

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the proof is in the pudding, you are assuming, once again, that's all you ever do, there is no proof or facts about anything you say, it's always if, or "I think" . Good QB's in today's NFL complete 60% of their passes, Sammie is just under that for his career, so where is this accuracy that you speak of? On top of that he has always thrown short passes, he should be completing over 70% of his throws! Again there is no proof in anything you ever say about Sammie, your man love for this guy is unbelievable!

I will agree with you, that Sammie could win with these teams, ala Trent Dilfer, average QB!

Just under that is 60% is pretty incredible for the talent he had and Oline. I don't know if any QB would have had great stats on those first couple year teams. do you remember all the critical drop passes on 3rd down he had. flat out drops.. not just a couple a lot of them. Penalties!! those count against him and kill drives.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't know if he had the time or open WR's though to throw down field. maybe it would have been worse if he would have forced the issue idk. I agree Bens physical play puts him above sam. but i think sam does fine on those teams.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Smed all we do need to find is a perfect game manager like Dilfer. and i think sam is that if he can stay on the field. bonus is he can throw way better then Dilfer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Smed all we do need to find is a perfect game manager like Dilfer. and i think sam is that if he can stay on the field. bonus is he can throw way better then Dilfer.

No reason to settle for Dilfer. Would rather step up from that please, lol. Rams don't have the running game to support a QB like that, at least not yet. With Tavon around, they need to be more creative than resort to a game manager.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to settle for Dilfer. Would rather step up from that please, lol. Rams don't have the running game to support a QB like that, at least not yet. With Tavon around, they need to be more creative than resort to a game manager.

oh yeah our Oline needs to be way better and more physical. i would love to find a big physical back in the draft. TJ yeldon? no doubt they need to get Tavon involved. we need high stepping to the end zone not a 10yd run out of bounds play.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oregon QB is someone to keep an eye on. I believe he is a junior, he reminds me of Wilson but with a better arm.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^SARCASM RULES!!! :suds:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked Jameis yesterday more than Marriota. He was making good plays and our freshman RB just had a nightmare 3rd quarter causing an avalanche.

That was JWs first loss in 30 games! He will bounce back and we are set up perfect if he's there at #10. I think he will be. And say what u want about the ACC, but Clemson owned Oklahoma and Ga Tech owned Miss St.

It's too bad it was a meltdown, because it was shaping up to be a good game. But anyone who watched that game could see both QBs have big play potential.

This game will be very humbling to Jameis and FSU as a whole.

As far as Marriota, that kid runs a hurry up spread Offense with a few big RBs and it's unstoppable. Say what you want but.. See below

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyone who watched that game could see both QBs have big play potential.
They both have big play potential for the other team, too.

Both QBs could have easily had a couple more turnovers