• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl games - NFL prospect watch

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How a player is rated coming out isnt everything but I have a feeling that MM will be long gone by 10 and Winston will drop hard

Marriota will go #1 and Jameis won't drop more than Manziel did. I've said it all year, hes Big Ben reincarnated with a little more speed. He doesn't go down easy and he can make big time throws. Question is, will he be there at #10? :whistle:

I think so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked Jameis yesterday more than Marriota. He was making good plays and our freshman RB just had a nightmare 3rd quarter causing an avalanche.

That was JWs first loss in 30 games! He will bounce back and we are set up perfect if he's there at #10. I think he will be. And say what u want about the ACC, but Clemson owned Oklahoma and Ga Tech owned Miss St.

It's too bad it was a meltdown, because it was shaping up to be a good game. But anyone who watched that game could see both QBs have big play potential.

This game will be very humbling to Jameis and FSU as a whole.

As far as Marriota, that kid runs a hurry up spread Offense with a few big RBs and it's unstoppable. Say what you want but.. See below

I think Mariota hurt FSU with his running ability more than his arm. This wasn't Jameis' best game, but I don't think QB play is what separated the two teams. That blast of 4 TO's (two RB fumbles and an INT that was tipped but still should've been caught, plus that ugly Winston fumble) blew the game out quickly.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have big play potential for the other team, too.

Both QBs could have easily had a couple more turnovers

Like I said, I like both but Jameis actually is higher on my list. But he has to learn more and he will. He's a tenacious competitor. That's what u want.

He will learn from this loss. That was embarrassing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota will go #1 and Jameis won't drop more than Manziel did. I've said it all year, hes Big Ben reincarnated with a little more speed. He doesn't go down easy and he can make big time throws. Question is, will he be there at #10? :whistle:

I think so.
Jameis will go #2, #10 or fall to around #100. My gut feeling is that a lot of mock drafts will pencil him in at #2 until the combine.

I still think he compares to Eli Manning and thats both a back handed compliment and a compliment.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will learn from this loss. That was embarrassing.
Defense wins championships. Florida Sts defense last year was really, really good and they lost some guys to the NFL.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis is very vocal with his offense. He's in your face. And there is something about Jameis in the 2nd half - he just makes 3rd down conversions like its nothing. Eli is a pretty quiet dude.

I don't know.. Will Petty be there in the 2nd round? I doubt it. So it's either go big early, or wait and hope.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis is very vocal with his offense. He's in your face. And there is something about Jameis in then2nd half - he just makes 3rd down conversions like its nothing. Eli is a pretty quiet dude.

I don't know.. Will Petty be there in the 2nd round? I doubt it. So it's either go big early, or wait and hope.
Bens the best QB Ive ever seen at extending plays. Winston - and maybe his ankle is still hurt - isn't that good at extending plays. Winston is better at staying in the pocket, taking the hit, and not getting knocked down. He seems 100% fearless in the pocket which is a huge asset. But his footwork is all sorts of awkward when he starts moving East and West. I'd even say lumbering.

I wouldn't rule out MM dropping, either. There were a couple of plays of his where you just had to shake your head. He scrambled to one side of the field, ran backwards around to the other side of the field and then threw a duck down the middle that should've gotten picked.

Ohio St is in the Championship game with their 3rd string QB. I think Oregon's system is good enough that they could be in a similar spot with their 3rd string guy, too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U must have missed the rollout with a stiff arm To the DE and then made a throw on the run. Sent the guy right to the turf.

Jameis isn't Marriota, but he's plenty mobile and quicker than Big Ben. He has more to learn too.

And Marriota isn't dropping. I don't see how a QB with that offense and explosion doesn't go #1. He's ridiculously talented.

Whether or not he gets an OC to utilize his strengths in the NFL is the ultimate question. But I think he can be as good as Russell Wilson.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St is in the Championship game with their 3rd string QB. I think Oregon's system is good enough that they could be in a similar spot with their 3rd string guy, too.

tOSU is balling right now because they are playing inspired ball and have a helluva coach. And that QB has a cannon btw.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not he gets an OC to utilize his strengths in the NFL is the ultimate question.
Id agree with that. Bradford's first OC had no problem calling 3 yd pass plays and that seemed to stick with him for the rest of his career.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Jameis will come to the NFL hungry with something to prove. He's been in a pro style offense and we all know how Big Ben did in his rookie year.

He will need to learn more and get used to the NFC west, but he could help our offense in many ways.

There will be some growing pains, but the guy throws a missle

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id agree with that. Bradford's first OC had no problem calling 3 yd pass plays and that seemed to stick with him for the rest of his career.

Samantha has been throwing 3 yard passes with every OC that's come to STL. You saw Davis make long throws. Hill some too. But captain check down is just too scared I guess?? Im over trying to figure it out.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would take either QB. I'm probably being a homer, but Jameis can make throws and he holds his players acccoutable on the field.

He wins ballgames

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Jameis will come to the NFL hungry with something to prove. He's been in a pro style offense and we all know how Big Ben did in his rookie year.
Big Ben would be the model. Winston's pass attempts should probably be around 20-25 in every game as a rookie. Jameis forced the ball a lot more this year than his first year. His usage was up, his sacks were down but his overall game took a hit. Part of that is because Fl St had to throw to win games.

Big Ben, IIRC, also had Bettis, Willie Parker in his prime, a good oline, Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress and Randle El.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo went a little pass happy this year. Jameis forced way too many throws. Mostly because he thought he could and wasn't smart. Our RBs played well all year, Cook won the Louisivile game but the kid just had a nightmare 3rd Q yesterday.

Jameis played smart yesterday until it all came unraveled. I guess when u finally lose, it's ugly.

Big Ben had 1 helluva defense and yeah some beast RBs, big #1 WR as well. We have the beginning part of building a good team. Just need a QB and some Oline help, TE, OLB. Lol

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just under that is 60% is pretty incredible for the talent he had and Oline. I don't know if any QB would have had great stats on those first couple year teams. do you remember all the critical drop passes on 3rd down he had. flat out drops.. not just a couple a lot of them. Penalties!! those count against him and kill drives.

Under 60% with the short throws he was making is unacceptable. All teams have drops, I've already been down that radon here before, the Rams were in the upper half of fewest dropped passes his rookie year, don't believe me, look it up! I watch a ton of football, all teams have dropped passes alll the team, even from their stud WR's.

We still have a ton of penalties!!!!!!! Again all teams do, just seems like ours are always at critical times!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know if he had the time or open WR's though to throw down field. maybe it would have been worse if he would have forced the issue idk. I agree Bens physical play puts him above sam. but i think sam does fine on those teams.

You are right, he would do "fine" just like alot of other average QB's would also do fine on good teams, he wouldn't do better than them though, that's the point, he is AVERAGE, at best!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would take either QB. I'm probably being a homer, but Jameis can make throws and he holds his players acccoutable on the field.

He wins ballgames

I think Winston is Ok, I don't think he is going to be that good of an NFLer, he made alot of mistakes this year, against college teams that "maybe" had one or maybe two good DB's. The NFL is a totally different animal! I think you are "kind of a homer", not as bad as a certain Bradford homer that we all know and love, and there's nothing wrong with talking up your favorite team, but I really didn't think FSU was that good this year, they escaped a few losses this year, but I can't say he doesn't win games!

I'm an SEC fan and I thought that both Miss St and Miss were way overrated at the beginning, I also thought Fla St was, sorry, just my opinion! Don't trash me to hard!:yahoo: