• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottom Line.. who would you take?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still take the two guys I wanted 4 months ago. I feel they are hands down the best players, biggest impact, game changers and least likely to bust. They also both fill a need for the Rams. would make the Rams defense so nasty. I feel the talent in the top 10 on defense in this draft is just to good to overlook. I think with Saffold coming back there is no reason to spend a first rd pick on the Oline.

2. Khalil Mack yes we resigned Dunbar who is a decent player but I can't see passing on Mack a complete freak! Bigger, faster, stronger then Ogletree. enough said right there. I mean how do you pass on someone better then Ogletree to add to your D. Holds NCCA records for tackles for loss and forced fumbles. we would have not only the best Defensive line but now maybe the best LB's to back them up.

13. Darqueze Dennard or Calvin Pryor Im good with either but I'm taking Dennard a physical ball buster cover CB if i had to choose. I feel corner is the more important position and with Finnegan gone we are very thin at CB. if Jenks or Johnson would go down Yikes! Jenks, Tru and Dennard would make our nickel package combined with our Dline rush, Mack & Ogletree blitzing or in coverage… running wild :omg:

get a safety in the second or later and then you can Improve the Oline with the rest of the draft, but i think they will sign a FA guard.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack is better suited as a 3-4 OLB than 4-3 OLB, but still no doubt he would have very high potential in the Rams system.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are assuming we are staying at #2 and not trading down then I stick with Watkins/Dix for the first 2 picks..

If we do trade down, I say Matthews/Dix

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way we take 2 defensive players in the 1st rd. I believe it will be a defensive player and an offensive player. Just like last year with Ausin/Ogletre.

I like Mack, I think he will definitely be a pro bowler.But I don't think we will take him.

I think Clowney is better! I really believe that if Clowney is there, and no one is willing to trade, he will be a Ram. Also if Clowney is there and someone is willing to trade, we will definitely trade down. I will be shocked if Clowney is there and we end up picking Robinson over Clowney.

But if Houston takes Clowney, then Robinson will be a Ram. I know no one wants to hear that but that is what I believe they will do. They will go with the current bunch of receivers that we have on the roster.

Pick #13 will depend on who we take @ #2. If we take Clowney @ 2, I think they will go o line @ 13. If we take Robinson @ 2, I think we will go safety @ 13. They will take an O-fense player and a D-fence player.

Last edited by a moderator:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, thats exactly what I want to hear actually. I don't want the Rams to even be looking at that top pick.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Drafting a WR at #2 is like feeding caviar to a pig. As long as Bradford, and neanderthal man Shottenheimer are there, we could have Walter Payton, Jerry Rice and Joe Montana, on the roster, and Shottenheimer would manage to consistently score in the high.......10s every game.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Drafting a WR at #2 is like feeding caviar to a pig. As long as Bradford, and neanderthal man Shottenheimer are there, we could have Walter Payton, Jerry Rice and Joe Montana, on the roster, and Shottenheimer would manage to consistently score in the high.......10s every game.

agreed...the only way to fix this is with a "power run game". This is what I have been saying all along as well.

RUN the DAM Ball, we had success doing this last year(Seahawks game) Why not build on it. There's NO WAY Shotty/Bradford can be a "air it out type". Bradford will get killed. They will bang the rock to set up the pass. All Bradford has to do is hand off the ball, let Stacy and the o-line do the work.

Also I believe they will also try to create a shutdown defense to put pressure on these mobile(read option) qbs in our division. Right now no one can stop the read option qb, last year we came close but got schooled. Ad Clowney and a safety/cb to the equation. Then BINGO were playoff bound!!

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha Lmao at caviar to a pig.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...the only way to fix this is with a "power run game". This is what I have been saying all along as well.

RUN the DAM Ball, we had success doing this last year(Seahawks game) Why not build on it. There's NO WAY Shotty/Bradford can be a "air it out type". Bradford will get killed. They will bang the rock to set up the pass. All Bradford has to do is hand off the ball, let Stacy and the o-line do the work.

Also I believe they will also try to create a shutdown defense to put pressure on these mobile(read option) qbs in our division. Right now no one can stop the read option qb, last year we came close but got schooled. Ad Clowney and a safety/cb to the equation. Then BINGO were playoff bound!!

I agree. When Clemens came In they had to run the ball and it worked. The problem is with Bradford in their they get pass happy and forget about the run. I think they know this but have trouble staying with it.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that the plan is to run the ball when the brass intends on drafting a big, red zone, north and south runner (i.e Andre Williams from BC) in the mid to late rounds of the draft to pair with Stacy and Bam Bam. At this point Pead is going to be gone and D Rich will be used sparringly... but the run looks to be the focus. We can only hope they are gonna stay with it

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay at 2, I'd take Watkins/Lewan or Robinson/Lee. I don't like Evans.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was Madden franchise mode, Id trade Chris Long and take Clowney

We still haven't seen Bradford with Saffold at G, Stacy at RB and with a functioning secondary

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Johnny Football having the great pro day, the Rams won't pick at #2. Doesn't matter if the Texans pick JF or Clowney, we will be trading and with more picks.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: :nod::suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying at #2, I would go Watkins and Dix

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still haven't seen Bradford with Saffold at G, Stacy at RB and with a functioning secondary

Exactly!

If the Rams could muster up some offense and a few wins with a functional run game AND Kellen Clemens under center... it stands to reason that the offense would only get better with a guy who can actually throw the deep ball. Daring opponents to defend the run is even more effective when you can actually exploit it.

Man... just imagine Zac Stacy's 200 yard performance against Seattle without the game losing INT. Oh, what could have been.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball is saying that if Clowney is off the board and it comes down to Mack and Watkins (or OT?), the Rams are taking Mack. So it sounds like the Rams are looking at a pass rusher at 2 if they can't trade down