• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bored off my ass and waiting for NFL thread

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boys - I'm sure some of you missed me. I have been slammed with a move to big D and new job. This is that time of year that we all know so well. We are 0-0 and have LOTS of hope after the past decade of total bullshit.

Will this be the year? You know where I stand... Our offense needs to show me and show up. I need to see fire in the eyes, balls (Bradford), and everyone on the same page. Of course I really don't want to see Sam's balls, but you get what I'm sayin.

I had a dream the other night. LOL The Rams were just pounding the rock on offense and running people over. Kind of funny because I woke up thinking, "maybe they will turn it around?"

Now I don't want to get some of you all excited, because we have a long way to go and many challenges to overcome, but if my dream is any indication of this season... We will be hurting people.

And you all know how much I like to see my football team hurt people. :gaah:

Looking forward to watching our defense with 1 more year of maturity and with Greg Williams.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ great too have you back bored or not. I am very optimistic about this season. And have stated said. And while mine wasn't in a dream it is more of a feeling or sense. Anyway just my two cent. Hell the whole thing could go in the crapper we shall see. :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much all about Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin this year. If one of those 2 guys doesn't bust out, you're probably going to see Snead out the door.

I think we saw Bradford's upside last year before he went down.
So does Snead take the heat on all those Tavon plays that were called back due to penalty? :noidea:

We are more mature than last year and we should have this thing buttoned down a bit more.

As far as Robinson goes, I don't think Snead gets judged on the basis of how well a rookie does playing out of position.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he plays for the bills nuff said

I agree.....maybe someone should start a Sticky tittled "If we only would've drafted Watkins" :bawling:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much all about Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin this year. If one of those 2 guys doesn't bust out, you're probably going to see Snead out the door.

I think we saw Bradford's upside last year before he went down.

Its funny you should mention T. Austin...... just read this about him.

Rams | Tavon Austin discusses learning the game
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:48:21 -0700 St. Louis Rams WR Tavon Austin admitted that he was lost as a rookie in 2013, struggling to pick up the playbook. The No. 8 overall pick said it was like a foreign language to him but added that now he has a much better grasp of the system. "I understand the plays, the depth, the routes, the splits and everything," Austin said. "I just feel good that I can make some plays. Definitely, the game's slowed down for me."
FANTASY TIP: The coaching staff is working in creative ways to get Austin the ball in space, but they also know he is not an every-down player and won't use him that way. He is a high-risk, high-reward WR3 in PPR leagues

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am ready for football. If it's a football related story, it might show up on here whether it's about Sammy Watkins, Michael Sam, Sam Bradford, IDGAF.

And no one's crying. It what it is. Our offense has sucked for a decade and we are going into the season with 5 WRs. LOL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it amazing that some of these players are confused by the playbook right out of college. I suppose they have athletic talent but many are dumber than the sense the Almighty gave a bucket of bolts. All that partying in college really paid off I see. Perhaps Mr. Austin is one of these guys that it took a year to understand the playbook.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it amazing that some of these players are confused by the playbook right out of college. I suppose they have athletic talent but many are dumber than the sense the Almighty gave a bucket of bolts. All that partying in college really paid off I see. Perhaps Mr. Austin is one of these guys that it took a year to understand the playbook.
It's not just about the playbook retro, it also has to do with the how the reads play into the playbook and how quickly these new guys recognize those reads and are able to react to them and/or when one of their own are out of position for the play to work as constructed.

Also, it's not just the rookies who are having these types of problems acquiring an in depth understanding of the playbook. It's also free agents, who have been playing in the NFL and have a good working knowledge of what opposing Offenses/Defenses are throwing at them too.

By the way, this is my problem with Aderol being classified as a recreational drug and not a PED and just another problem with Cheat Carrol and the Cheathawks. These Aderol offenders get those one game suspensions as a rec drug and/or a medical waivers when we all know what's going on. Cheat Carrol and others in the NFL are getting this drug to players one way or another as a study aid for learning the playbook faster than they normally would. Aderol is being used quite a bit in college for finals crashing for some time now. This is something Cheat Carrol picked up while cheating at USC and now has adopted this tactic for studying his playbooks with the Cheathawks.

Slowing down the game is critical in the success players have on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am ready for football. If it's a football related story, it might show up on here whether it's about Sammy Watkins, Michael Sam, Sam Bradford, IDGAF.

And no one's crying. It what it is. Our offense has sucked for a decade and we are going into the season with 5 WRs. LOL

Just bustin on ya....:rollseyes:
Yah, I know, it's not really cryin, its more like a Man Crush! We all knew about your love for Sammy before the draft and now you are still bringing him up in a lot of your posts! ^^see above^^ The LOVE is still there! Its just that he's a Bill now. At some point you and Jaco just have to learn to let go! Kind of like that ole girlfriend in high school that you really liked, but she dumped you for another dude. :nod:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just about the playbook retro, it also has to do with the how the reads play into the playbook and how quickly these new guys recognize those reads and are able to react to them and/or when one of their own are out of position for the play to work as constructed.

Also, it's not just the rookies who are having these types of problems acquiring an in depth understanding of the playbook. It's also free agents, who have been playing in the NFL and have a good working knowledge of what opposing Offenses/Defenses are throwing at them too.

By the way, this is my problem with Aderol being classified as a recreational drug and not a PED and just another problem with Cheat Carrol and the Cheathawks. These Aderol offenders get those one game suspensions as a rec drug and/or a medical waivers when we all know what's going on. Cheat Carrol and others in the NFL are getting this drug to players one way or another as a study aid for learning the playbook faster than they normally would. Aderol is being used quite a bit in college for finals crashing for some time now. This is something Cheat Carrol picked up while cheating at USC and now has adopted this tactic for studying his playbooks with the Cheathawks.

Slowing down the game is critical in the success players have on the field.

You missed one cheat opportunity: USCheat

:yahoo:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watkins is "impressing" on day one, then I don't know what we're worried about. Clearly we're already set at WR.

I mean... Kenny Britt has been blowing away DBs in shorts and helmets since OTAs! :wink:

I agree! Britt brings experience. We already have too many young wrs that are still learning the playbook.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then, you've probably never seen an NFL playbook. Lol.

Seriously, though... like Vitamike said... it's not necessarily just the playbook. It's reads and responses to defensive schemes the likes they've never seen. It's also learning the verbiage for the plays themselves and all the variations, options, audibles that stem from them. Not only that, but at the NFL level, you have to know not only what your responsibility is... but the responsibilities of (at the very least) the guy next to you, as well. And they must learn all this from scratch.

[YOUTUBE]Drew Brees + Sean Payton Talk In Football Terms - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Try saying that 10 times fast. Lol. All this is heaped on a player fresh out of college. Some of who may have never even seen a conventional playbook their entire football career. Understandably... It's gonna take some time.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, dammit.... why do my YouTube embeds NEVER FREAKIN PLAY!?! :mad2: Am I doing something wrong? I click the little YouTube icon in the toolbar, copy and paste the URL between the [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] prompts and I always come up with this stupid blank box.

Would somebody please help me out here. :noidea: Lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I have viewed an NFL playbook Caynine and I know its complexity and I am well aware that the reading or application on the field does take time because of its complexity, Vita and Caynine. Perhaps some of these colleges dudes that run their mouths about their greatness their first year ought to shut their freakin' pieholes until they understand what exactly they are facing. Perhaps also we will see a different Austin this year?

I also get the Adderall craze that Cheatboy in Seattle has been quietly encouraging. I used to have to deal with Adderall when I was working as a community therapist with at-risk boys in Pennsylvania. Properly administered it can help but I was not of the camp of therapists that relied on the drug to do their work for them.

Adderall is in the phenylethylamine class of psychoactive prescription drugs improving awareness and retention in the attention and motivation centers of the brain such as the left and right cortices and the substantia nigre in the limbic system. It increases the level of norepinephrine and dopamine neurotransmitters through two primary receptors which I am sure you already know, Vita.

High doses can lead to full-blown psychosis. Maybe that is what is wrong with Petey Carroll and half of the Seahags?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine. Copy and paste the URL of the vid you want from Youtube. Go to the advanced prompt box. When the response appears. Type in your text and then when you are ready to upload the URL address you copied, click the Youtube icon.

Put the copied URL in between the "Youtube" bracketed spaces and then erase every thing in that address beginning with the http and going to the equal sign. Erase the equal sign as well. You only want everything in the URL address beyond the equal sign. The following is an example.

So. If I want this vid, I click on advanced posting, I click on the Youtube symbol and I paste in everything in black as follows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUoOWeWr0Fw. Ten-to-one you are leaving the equal sign in. And the next post I'll show you the result.