• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boone Slight MCL Tear

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury doesn't appear too serious but he will miss remainder of season

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that it could heal on its own. I thought once you tear it you need surgery. learn something new every day.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boone has played his last game as a Niner. He is a free agent and will be highly sought. Why would he come back to this team. He will get several offers and if I were him, I would bolt as fast as I can. Niners will be in rebuilding mode in the next couple of years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boone has played his last game as a Niner. He is a free agent and will be highly sought. Why would he come back to this team. He will get several offers and if I were him, I would bolt as fast as I can. Niners will be in rebuilding mode in the next couple of years.
Yes I think he is gone. bad news is we will need 2 guards now. I do think tiller is ok, so we will only need 1. I just hope they go into the season with Thomas and martin and Devey again. I might throw up.

We need a plan. We have the money and we have the draft picks to really fix this team quick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope not. Cap space is not an issue. I hope he comes back. Wouldn't care as much but it appears some of the srafted lineman are not going to pan out or are not ready to play.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. Cap space is not an issue. I hope he comes back. Wouldn't care as much but it appears some of the srafted lineman are not going to pan out or are not ready to play.

I hope not too, but I don't think he is coming back. If he has a chance to play for a team who can make it to the playoffs and compete for the Super Bowl, he's going to bolt. He will be sought after since there are not a lot of college OL that are ready to play right away.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want him back at the right price. He has been solid but not great this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want him back at the right price. He has been solid but not great this year.

True, at the right price. He hasn't been great but the 49ers lack any great olineman right know. Staley was great but on the downside of his career

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, at the right price. He hasn't been great but the 49ers lack any great olineman right know. Staley was great but on the downside of his career
Yes Staley is on the down. He hasn't been great either. I don't know if it is him or the supporting cast.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Staley is on the down. He hasn't been great either. I don't know if it is him or the supporting cast.

He played a poor game and it was on him. Just got beat bad. I think in one of the last games he was rated worse than Pears by PFF.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a poor game and it was on him. Just got beat bad. I think in one of the last games he was rated worse than Pears by PFF.
I was last game because Pears got ranked the Worst Olinemen in football last week. LOL They have him at giving up 5 sacks, 15 hurries and 7 knockdowns. LOL Stats might be off I just saw this on twitter.

Im hearing Martin is getting benched. Silberman will start for Boone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was last game because Pears got ranked the Worst Olinemen in football last week. LOL They have him at giving up 5 sacks, 15 hurries and 7 knockdowns. LOL Stats might be off I just saw this on twitter.

Im hearing Martin is getting benched. Silberman will start for Boone.
I saw PFF stats and Staley had a good line. Finally Martin is getting benched. I can't see any reason why Pears is still in there. They ought to start Brown at Right Tackle.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw PFF stats and Staley had a good line. Finally Martin is getting benched. I can't see any reason why Pears is still in there. They ought to start Brown at Right Tackle.
I agree just go with Brown now. See what we have. It worked with Tiller. Tiller is 100% better then Devey and with this experience he will be better next year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree just go with Brown now. See what we have. It worked with Tiller. Tiller is 100% better then Devey and with this experience he will be better next year.

Brandon Thomas is buried down the depth chart

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes I think he is gone. bad news is we will need 2 guards now. I do think tiller is ok, so we will only need 1. I just hope they go into the season with Thomas and martin and Devey again. I might throw up.

We need a plan. We have the money and we have the draft picks to really fix this team quick.

as i said earlier this year in another thread, no longer in favor is drafting IR players. If it is 5th round or later, ok, but not higher than that. NONE of the players drafted round 4 or higher has even come close.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said earlier this year in another thread, no longer in favor is drafting IR players. If it is 5th round or later, ok, but not higher than that. NONE of the players drafted round 4 or higher has even come close.
Im still a fan because u hope you will hit on one. Im ok if we have a good amount of draft picks in that specific draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im still a fan because u hope you will hit on one. Im ok if we have a good amount of draft picks in that specific draft.

Looney
Lattimore
Carradine
Thomas

Which one(s) make you think it is still worth drafting IR players? which ones gives you hope we can "hit on one"?

Whether we have 4 or 8 picks in Round 4 or higher, do we want to spend it on IR players?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney
Lattimore
Carradine
Thomas

Which one(s) make you think it is still worth drafting IR players? which ones gives you hope we can "hit on one"?

Whether we have 4 or 8 picks in Round 4 or higher, do we want to spend it on IR players?

Depends on the talent level of the player. Nobody knew if Lattimore would make it back from his injury but his talents and skill sets were so good, a 4th felt like a potential steal.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the IR strategy in the past because of the high number of picks and deep roster at the time. Now, our roster is lean so the strategy is no longer a good one. We can say Lattimore was a bad one because he never healed. But with the others, I don't think the issue was with this player being an IR player. Was Looney an IR player? When you look at all the others that were IR'd, Martin, Carradine, Thomas, etc. If they had not recovered from their injuries, than you could say drafting them was a bad strategy. But Martin hasn't had related health issues and neither has Carradine. Even Thomas is physically ready to play. The issue isn't that they are IR players, just that they haven't been good thus far. Had Martin not been injured and we drafted him even higher would that have been any better? The issue is he just isn't a quality NFL player period.