• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boogard

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone read the article in today's Philly.com? Apparently Derek's death was partially the fault of his younger brother giving him Oxycontin the day after Derek got out of rehab. He will do some time for sure. Very unfortunate to lose someone so young. Sad for the hockey world.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mall. No, I didn't read that one yet, but I will. Thanks.

I don't think he'll do any jail time though. IMO his sentence/punishment of helping his brother to his death will carry more guilt and shame than any stretch of time in jail and any judge with half a brain will acknowledge that and move on.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone read the article in today's Philly.com? Apparently Derek's death was partially the fault of his younger brother giving him Oxycontin the day after Derek got out of rehab. He will do some time for sure. Very unfortunate to lose someone so young. Sad for the hockey world.

I have been involved in cases where Manslaughter charges are brought for supplying the Drug (In this case oxycontin). Usually under these circumstances, they have a comcination of legal drugs in the system.

I have a case where the brother of a client got 5 years for injection his brother with heroin. The client became addicted to oxycontin and when he could not get it, he turned to heroin. He could not inject himself so he had his brother do it. Needless to say, the client died and his brother went 4 -5 years at the state. Dont be suprised to see something like this.