• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier fired

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be for the best though, because if we hire an AD with experience at the AQ level it could help us advance to an AQ conference.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be good for your program sir. He could only bring you guys so far.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be good for your program sir. He could only bring you guys so far.

and this is very good to hear sir

though I'm hoping this doesn't mess the expansion of our stadium up any, getting over 50,000 seats is needed.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a crock and handled poorly.

I do not understand the timing or the reason.

Sounds to me like personal issues rather than professional. While I don't mind a lot of what Kustra has said (nasty and inebriated) my opinion of him has dropped a few notches over this.

We are not getting the whole story.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a crock and handled poorly.

I do not understand the timing or the reason.

Sounds to me like personal issues rather than professional. While I don't mind a lot of what Kustra has said (nasty and inebriated) my opinion of him has dropped a few notches over this.

We are not getting the whole story.

Yeah this whole thing has me confused though, I don't even know what to think about it still.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm quotes don't count for text in posts

Petersen addressed the firing of athletic director Gene Bleymaier. Petersen was told Tuesday night and the move was announced Wednesday.

Petersen opened his press conference with comments about Bleymaier.

“I’ll probably just start … by thanking Gene Bleymaier for all he’s done for this university, for the athletic program and certainly for the football program,” he said. “… He’s done great things here. From here, I think it’s really important for us to focus on this season, to focus on the future and move forward. That’s the one thing we talk to our team always about is not getting caught up in things we don’t control, not being distracted. That’s the main focus right now with our team and our staff.”

On the firing: “Like everybody you’re surprised but then when I also look back, nothing really surprises me anymore, the way college athletics is going. I think this is a tough business and tough decisions have to be mad and are going to be made.”

On whether the firing will stall progress: “I have a lot of confidence in Bronco Nation. I always think about that when a little bit of adversity hits, that’s when a team needs to come together. That’s when our team needs to play better. That’s when all our supporters need to rally together.”

On whether he wants to be an athletic director: “Absolutely not. That I have figured out very clearly.”

Read more: Boise State defense takes offense 'to the woodshed'; Petersen addresses Bleymaier firing | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the top part of that story talks about how the O got their asses handed to them by the D in the Friday scrimmage.