• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops should make his players run until they crap blood

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a lot of people have just been blitzing us this year... I probably wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure A&M blitzed like 70% of the time

our offensive line is pretty solid

They had to blitz. Their DL can't keep the LBs clean......when they do, OU can wreak havoc on D.

When they get pressure with the front 4, they don't have to worry about the secondary. Without that, they don't have a chance against a passing offense.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weather was not a factor.

OU has weaknesses that Tech exploited. Defensively, OU is not that good.....but nobody here ever listens when I say this.

Their D is predicated on their front 4 getting penetration, leaving their LBs to roam and make plays. However, their front 4 is very small this year, and they could not get to the Tech QB without blitzing. This exposes their very weak secondary, as those guys are not good enough to handle being put on an island.

Any team that can block their LBs will beat them. Those guys are the best players on their defense.

Offensively, they are pretty much a pass based offense. They don't have a RB that anybody fears, and I think the entire UNIVERSE knows that if you pressure Landry Jones he'll give you the ball.

This OU team is VERY beatable. They are not a NC team. They're a good team, but not a great one.

Please.

OU was out Starting CB Flemming (Knee), Starting MLB Wort (cuncussion) starting DL Walker (thumb). That was a factor especially Lynn who replaced Flemming who got his ass burned soo many times last night they finally pulled his ass half way through the 3rd.

Prior to that game OU was ranked in the top 25 in all defensive catagories. You are just spewing garbage.

Whaley, OU's leading rusher 657y 9td, was also out with injury.

So here you are talking shit with no facts. Be quite.

Last edited by a moderator:

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.

OU was out Starting CB Flemming (Knee), Starting MLB Wort (cuncussion) starting DL Walker (thumb). That was a factor especially Lynn who replaced Flemming who got his ass burned soo many times last night they finally pulled his ass half way through the 3rd.

Prior to that game OU was ranked in the top 25 in all defensive catagories. You are just spewing garbage.

we were missing our starting center (a big deal when you use the shotgun so much)

our starting runningback (who was like the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher in the Big 12 or some shit before he got hurt)

our #1 receiver wasn't 100%

we were missing one of our starting corner backs

we were missing a starting DT

missing a linebacker that gets significant PT (and was starting earlier this year)

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were missing our starting center (a big deal when you use the shotgun so much)

our starting runningback (who was like the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher in the Big 12 or some shit before he got hurt)

our #1 receiver wasn't 100%

we were missing one of our starting corner backs

we were missing a starting DT

missing a linebacker that gets significant PT (and was starting earlier this year)

Yes I notice you had a ton of Defensive guys out. I'm not upset with the offense. Jones toss 5TD and had over 400 yards. Rushing game put up over 150 yards.

Our HunniCunt kicker and depleted defense lost OU that game.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I didn't think Tech was going to hold on. They aren't very good, and even with their upset that was evident. OU simply played a piss poor game. Neither team has a running game to speak of. Texas Tech couldn't run out the clock if they tried. The ony running play they have is a draw play.

That not very good team is 3-4 special teams fuck ups away from being undefeated. The running game isn't great and certainly could use more plays, but we were averaging like 150 yards per on the ground going into last night running strictly out of the shotgun. The losses were to an undefeated Kansas State coached by a legend and an aTm team that is currently number 16 in the nation by a grand total of 12 points combined.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That not very good team is 3-4 special teams fuck ups away from being undefeated. The running game isn't great and certainly could use more plays, but we were averaging like 150 yards per on the ground going into last night running strictly out of the shotgun. The losses were to an undefeated Kansas State coached by a legend and an aTm team that is currently number 16 in the nation by a grand total of 12 points combined.

our running game is pretty good for this type of offense

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Read less stats, PAY ATTENTION TO GAMES

You have played NO ONE with an offense outside of Tech.

Your DL is SMALL - this is fact, not opinion. Your secondary is average AT BEST and even YOUR homer ass knows this.

The best part of your defense is the LB core, which are also the only ones that have a prayer of being drafted.

Your defense is good....but not great. Take off the homer glasses for 5 seconds......because everything I said would happen to your D just did against Tech!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if the truth hurts. Read less stats, PAY ATTENTION TO GAMES

You have played NO ONE with an offense outside of Tech.

Your DL is SMALL - this is fact, not opinion. Your secondary is average AT BEST and even YOUR homer ass knows this.

The best part of your defense is the LB core, which are also the only ones that have a prayer of being drafted.

Your defense is good....but not great. Take off the homer glasses for 5 seconds......because everything I said would happen to your D just did against Tech!

Tech attacked with quick three step drop screens across the middle. They scored two TDs 44 yarder and 30 yarder on that same screen. Having MLB Wort hurt there.

Tech molested the hell out of CB Lynn who was in for CB Flemming, he gave up 34 yarder, a 40 yarder and gave up an 11 yard TD after he committed a PF.

DE Alexandor got a sack but the D line did get beat up. DL Walker would have been nice to have in the line-up that day.

Yeah, the defense got exposed in the right places where they were missing their #1 guy on the depth chart in all three phases of the defense, DL, LB, DB.

It's all good though. Hopefully all 3 are ready to go at kansas st or they walk all over our asses too.

I have no complaints on the offense other than Kicking. Fuck Hunnicunt, 2 missed field goals that were crucial! I'm tired of losing games where we have like 2 or more missed field goals. WTF! Get a kicker. This has been an on going problem for years.
:smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick Fact: A&M, Nebraska & Colorado won a combined 4 BIG TWELVE titles. If Missouri leaves, they add 0 to that total.

OU has 7.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech attacked with quick three step drop screens across the middle. They scored two TDs 44 yarder and 30 yarder on that same screen. Having MLB Wort hurt there.

Tech molested the hell out of CB Lynn who was in for CB Flemming, he gave up 34 yarder, a 40 yarder and gave up an 11 yard TD after he committed a PF.

DE Alexandor got a sack but the D line did get beat up. DL Walker would have been nice to have in the line-up that day.

Yeah, the defense got exposed in the right places where they were missing their #1 guy on the depth chart in all three phases of the defense, DL, LB, DB.

It's all good though. Hopefully all 3 are ready to go at kansas st or they walk all over our asses too.

I have no complaints on the offense other than Kicking. Fuck Hunnicunt, 2 missed field goals that were crucial! I'm tired of losing games where we have like 2 or more missed field goals. WTF! Get a kicker. This has been an on going problem for years.

This is where having Venebles is a detriment to your team, as he can't scheme around missing a few players. Championship teams lose players and keep on going......ask LSU.

His defense is almost completely predicated on the front 4 generating pressure so your LBs can roam and make plays. This also takes pressure off your secondary because they have help especially across the middle.

Tech KNEW their WRs could beat your corners. All they had to do was keep Doege up and clean, which they did with backups on their OL, because they were ALL bigger than your DL.

Your offense gave up on the run way too early and went into pass attack mode......and somehow, Tech's crappy secondary held up reasonably well. The best way to beat tech is to keep their offense off the field.

You guys basically got outcoached.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. Next week with the loss behind them they move forward for their 8th conference title and 9th bcs game. OU is still the best team in the conference and the road ahead will prove it.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap...what kind of debacle beatdown did we face. Bob Stoops and the entire OU team got thier ballsack punched. Everything that could go wrong did, including OU players probably thinking that because they are OU and the media says they are going to win they don't have to show up.

Where to begin? The defense got burned, specifically Gabe Lynn. Hodge was hot and seemed to get rid of the ball in .0005 seconds. Meanwhile OU's jalopy offense, went 5-17 on third downs with recievers dropping the ball numerous times on third down. At least 7 times in a row OU's offense went 1,2,3, punt....you just can't do that to your defense, at least get a first down. Landry Jones must have though the recievers were all 9 feet with his over throws, and interceptions. Let alone OU's continued drama of no kind of kicking with two missed field goals. Like a said, a complete debacle.....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. Next week with the loss behind them they move forward for their 8th conference title and 9th bcs game. OU is still the best team in the conference and the road ahead will prove it.

I've also said as much in this very thread. OU is still head and shoulders better than every team in this conference this year.

OSU hasn't been exposed yet, but they are REALLY crappy on D. The meltdown is coming.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with StarBigD, OU has a suspect defense. That is what caused them to Choke. I haven't seen a great OU defense since that 2000 team.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lack of ability to run the ball in crucial situations has hurt OU more than the defense. We just haven't had a good, let alone great, running game in years.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lack of ability to run the ball in crucial situations has hurt OU more than the defense. We just haven't had a good, let alone great, running game in years.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I still think Finch is the best weapon you have in the backfield. I've seen backs smaller than him DOMINATE. I think he needs more carries.....all he needs is a small crease and he's gone.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm in the minority here, but I still think Finch is the best weapon you have in the backfield. I've seen backs smaller than him DOMINATE. I think he needs more carries.....all he needs is a small crease and he's gone.

It would be nice if our O-line could give him a small crease. Sometimes I think they spend so much time pass blocking they don't know how to block for the run game.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if our O-line could give him a small crease. Sometimes I think they spend so much time pass blocking they don't know how to block for the run game.

Texas OL had that problem last year.....all we had were OL that were built to block in a spread offense running a pro style O.....and it failed miserably.

NOW we have OL that can run block, but can't pass protect.