• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops should make his players run until they crap blood

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id say the biggest factor in the loss was not winning the game...but there coulda been more hustle

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i think clearly the team that scored less points was ou

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just didn't have it.

good teams find ways to win, even when their players have bad nights.

unfortunately for OU, a lot of players had bad nights.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't win in the big 12... Maybe they should join Conf. USA.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methinks that long weather delay fucked with them a little bit.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methinks Conf. USA would be a better fit for them.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weather was not a factor.

OU has weaknesses that Tech exploited. Defensively, OU is not that good.....but nobody here ever listens when I say this.

Their D is predicated on their front 4 getting penetration, leaving their LBs to roam and make plays. However, their front 4 is very small this year, and they could not get to the Tech QB without blitzing. This exposes their very weak secondary, as those guys are not good enough to handle being put on an island.

Any team that can block their LBs will beat them. Those guys are the best players on their defense.

Offensively, they are pretty much a pass based offense. They don't have a RB that anybody fears, and I think the entire UNIVERSE knows that if you pressure Landry Jones he'll give you the ball.

This OU team is VERY beatable. They are not a NC team. They're a good team, but not a great one.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad troll is bad

Not trolling, if you watched the game, you WITNESSED the truth of my words in action.

OU got ZERO pressure with their front 4. Their CBs got burnt all night. They could not run the ball with any consistency.

Some of you need to pay more attention.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling, if you watched the game, you WITNESSED the truth of my words in action.

OU got ZERO pressure with their front 4. Their CBs got burnt all night. They could not run the ball with any consistency.

i meant brasky, not you sir :). I'm pretty sure most sooner fans know our secondary isn't good. It's been like that all season long.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just didn't have it.

good teams find ways to win, even when their players have bad nights.

unfortunately for OU, a lot of players had bad nights.

they showed flashes where it looked like they could score at will... but then they let Tech come right back

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Venables just isn't very good at in game adjustments, he should be running right along with the players.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i meant brasky, not you sir :). I'm pretty sure most sooner fans know our secondary isn't good. It's been like that all season long.

They aren't horrible, just not good. I think I'm more disappointed in your front 4. Have you seen the Bama and LSU OLs??? They would manhandle the OU front 4. And you've also got to deal with Venebles......

But OU is still the best team in the Big 12 overall. OSU can't stop the run against well, ANYBODY. A&M is poorly conditioned and can't handle your fast break offense, and they have the worst secondary in the nation.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venables just isn't very good at in game adjustments, he should be running right along with the players.

What was there to adjust? The only way OU was going to win this game was to outscore Tech.

Defensively, the only thing Venebles could have done was bring blitzes, which is nearly suicide against a passing offense like Tech. If he can't get pressure with the front 4, and can't count on his DBs to cover, what options does he have?

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a lot of people have just been blitzing us this year... I probably wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure A&M blitzed like 70% of the time

our offensive line is pretty solid

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta admit, I didn't think Tech was going to hold on. They aren't very good, and even with their upset that was evident. OU simply played a piss poor game. Neither team has a running game to speak of. Texas Tech couldn't run out the clock if they tried. The ony running play they have is a draw play.