• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has been attacked since he got here. I've simply defended him. I think you're confusing my defense as "pimping him up". And it's probably true if he was an outsider, he'd be gone and we'd be on a 5th coach struggling with what the previous 4 coaches struggled to do; consistently win, beat OSU and win championships.

The only person confused here is you. Thinking JH is a better coach than he really is. You just keep defedning him. And I'll keep laughing at your nonstop homerism.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really meant it like posters have been trashing him. It's fine. I don't care (I didn't mean it like "Leave Britney alone!") but more to explain how defending him has been turned around into suggesting we're homerish pimping Harbaugh.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person confused here is you. Thinking JH is a better coach than he really is. You just keep defedning him. And I'll keep laughing at your nonstop homerism.
I am not entirely defending him. I think he needs to do better. I want him to do better. But I, unlike you, don't think he's far off from doing so.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has been attacked since he got here. I've simply defended him. I think you're confusing my defense as "pimping him up". And it's probably true if he was an outsider, he'd be gone and we'd be on a 5th coach struggling with what the previous 4 coaches struggled to do; consistently win, beat OSU and win championships.
Part of the problem is Michigan fans stating they don’t have the talent to even compete with Ohio State. This year they had three top 10 classes competing against Ohio State and they still got blown the fuck out. How many top 10 classes did Virginia Tech have in 2014 when they beat Ohio State? Or Michigan State in 2015? Go down the line and none of the teams that beat Ohio State have had 3 top 10 classes, I believe. That’s just a lame excuse to cover up the failures of the coaching staff.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is Michigan fans stating they don’t have the talent to even compete with Ohio State. This year they had three top 10 classes competing against Ohio State and they still gone blown the fuck out. How many top 10 classes did Virginia Tech have in 2014 when they beat Ohio State? Or Michigan State in 2015? Go down the line and none of the teams that beat Ohio State have had 3 top 10 classes, I believe. That’s just a lame excuse to cover up the failures of the coaching staff.
We don't. OSU targets us. They prepare for us all year. We don't have the luxury of catching OSU on a bad day or catching them unprepared. Purdue, VT, MSU and other teams can sneak up on OSU. OSU doesn't have bad days against us. And they do have crazy talent compared to us. We have 1/4 of the top 100 talent on our team. Michigan has done just fine against pretty much every other team in the conference under Harbaugh. But when a team like OSU spends all year planning and prepping for Michigan, and the talent gap is what it is, they have the ability to nuke us -- and they do. Even if Harbaugh starts competing better with them, I don't think even if we hired Nick Saban himself, that we could expect to win more than 1/4 games against them unless we start recruiting at their level.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't. OSU targets us. They prepare for us all year. We don't have the luxury of catching OSU on a bad day or catching them unprepared. Purdue, VT, MSU and other teams can sneak up on OSU. OSU doesn't have bad days against us. And they do have crazy talent compared to us. We have 1/4 of the top 100 talent on our team. Michigan has done just fine against pretty much every other team in the conference under Harbaugh. But when a team like OSU spends all year planning and prepping for Michigan, and the talent gap is what it is, they have the ability to nuke us -- and they do. Even if Harbaugh starts competing better with them, I don't think even if we hired Nick Saban himself, that we could expect to win more than 1/4 games against them unless we start recruiting at their level.
Yes that top ten Michigan State team definitely snuck up on them the second to last week of the season without their starting quarterback.

Why isn’t Michigan prepping all year for Ohio State?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's offense progressed massively from the start of the season from the end, that's good coaching. And our bad performance against Army has to do with what? We won that game. Teams can play really bad games. OSU won the B10 last year and got blown out by Purdue, who finished 6-7.

"But, muh OSU"

Michigan is NOT Ohio St. Michigan is nowhere near Ohio St.

Stop living off of Ohio St.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that top ten Michigan State team definitely snuck up on them the second to last week of the season without their starting quarterback.

Why isn’t Michigan prepping all year for Ohio State?
We probably are prepping for them all year. But I can tell you that OSU isn't prepping for MSU all off season, or during the season.

Ohio State QB on Michigan rivalry: ‘We take it way more serious’

“We prepare for it all year. We’re preparing for them next year right now. I think it just means more at Ohio State.”

Now, take the "it means more" subjectively. I doubt we don't also do the same thing. But OSU focuses on us like this and doesn't do this for anyone else.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But, muh OSU"

Michigan is NOT Ohio St. Michigan is nowhere near Ohio St.

Stop living off of Ohio St.
No, we aren't Ohio State. The point was to suggest that even one of the best teams in the country can have a bad day. So a good team like Michigan having a bad game against Army this year wasn't the end of the world.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we aren't Ohio State. The point was to suggest that even one of the best teams in the country can have a bad day. So a good team like Michigan having a bad game against Army this year wasn't the end of the world.

Yeah, we get it.

Harbaugh winning a close game against an over-matched opponent in Ann Arbor is justified because... Ohio St.
Harbaugh losing a game is justified because... Ohio St.
Pelini >> Harbaugh because... Ohio St.

When Ohio St has a bad day, they finish (13-1)
When Harbaugh has a bad day, he finishes (8-5), (9-4), etc.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we get it.

Harbaugh winning a close game against an over-matched opponent in Ann Arbor is justified because... Ohio St.
Harbaugh losing a game is justified because... Ohio St.
Pelini >> Harbaugh because... Ohio St.

When Ohio St has a bad day, they finish (13-1)
When Harbaugh has a bad day, he finishes (8-5), (9-4), etc.
That was one game. He also blew out ND and MSU. (per usual) you're over valuing one game that makes your point and undervaluing the multitude of examples that go against your point. Ultimately, a win is a win even if it was a garbage win over a bad team. It was not a performance that lingered throughout the season. I'm not happy with every game and ever performance, I think poor QB play doomed us against Alabama but there was a lot of positive things that happened this year. The offense started outside the top 90 in scoring for the first few games and finished in the top 45.

I would really like Harbaugh to develop a QB though. Pretty disheartening to think "what if?" when you see wide open receivers being missed on a consistent basis.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one game. He also blew out ND and MSU. (per usual) you're over valuing one game that makes your point and undervaluing the multitude of examples that go against your point. Ultimately, a win is a win even if it was a garbage win over a bad team. It was not a performance that lingered throughout the season. I'm not happy with every game and ever performance, I think poor QB play doomed us against Alabama but there was a lot of positive things that happened this year. The offense started outside the top 90 in scoring for the first few games and finished in the top 45.

I would really like Harbaugh to develop a QB though. Pretty disheartening to think "what if?" when you see wide open receivers being missed on a consistent basis.
Congrats on blowing out a 6-7 Michigan State.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was more successful as an NFL coach.

The rumors have been increasing. First brought up in year 3. Talk got stronger of it in year 4. This past year, its even higher. really makes you wonder what the breaking point is.......

Look, michigan fans, sorry to tell you this, OSU has just been on another level. scUM might be able to pick a game here and there from wisky or psu, but OSU ............. I don't know. There have been some years that mich. everybody thought would win, and they don't.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio is going to get a statue for blowing out worse Michigan teams.
If he gets a statue it’s because he won three conference titles, took a team to the playoffs, and is the all time wins leader in school history, has very little to do with blowing out Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets a statue it’s because he won three conference titles, took a team to the playoffs, and is the all time wins leader in school history, has very little to do with blowing out Michigan.
Dantonio doesn't get a statue if he doesn't have the record against bad Michigan teams early on that he did.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio doesn't get a statue if he doesn't have the record against bad Michigan teams early on that he did.
He would still have the all time wins leader, 3 conference titles and the playoffs.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any top tier athletic directors thought so much of Boo Pelini, how come he hasn't been offered a better job than the one he has? If Harbaugh left MI, he'd get another job at a big school within a week.

Plus, he pissed his pants in front of the whole world and can't control his temper.

iu

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any top tier athletic directors thought so much of Boo Pelini, how come he hasn't been offered a better job than the one he has? If Harbaugh left MI, he'd get another job at a big school within a week.

Plus, he pissed his pants in front of the whole world and can't control his temper.

iu
Well, Harbaugh eats boogers in front of the whole world so...