• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In EVERY aspect of the game except recruiting.

After 5 full seasons.........

Pelini:...... 48 wins
Harbaugh: 47 wins

Pelini:...... (2-3) in bowls
Harbaugh: (1-4) in bowls

Pelini:..... Had no less than 9 wins/season
Habaugh: Has an 8 win season in 2017

Pelini:...... Two outright Division Championships.
Harbaugh: Zero outright Division Championships.

Recruiting Rankings (per 247)

Harbaugh Average (12th)

2016: 8th
2017: 5th
2018: 22nd
2019: 8th

Pelini Average (26th)

2011: 16th
2012: 32nd
2013: 22nd
2014: 35th

Stop kidding yourself — Nebraska would take Bo Pelini back in a heartbeat. It now takes Nebraska two years to win 9 games.

One positive for Scott Frost. He is undefeated in bowl games since coming to Nebraska.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty ironic that a fan supporting a coach who's now had two years at Nebraska and failed to reach a bowl game, is trying to jab Michigan fans for supporting a coach who's winning 9/10 games a year because he hasn't won a bowl game in 4 seasons.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop kidding yourself — Nebraska would take Bo Pelini back in a heartbeat.

Ummm. No they wouldn't. Bo Pelini had 7 years to win a CCG at Nebraska and couldn't get it done.

I could see Michigan going after Bo Pelini though.

After all........... Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh

That is indisputable.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty ironic that a fan supporting a coach who's now had two years at Nebraska and failed to reach a bowl game, is trying to jab Michigan fans for supporting a coach who's winning 9/10 games a year because he hasn't won a bowl game in 4 seasons.

Distract/Deflect much?

Harbaugh has an 8 win season. Pelini always won at least 9.

The topic at hand is that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh in EVERY aspect of the game except recruiting.

Harbaugh Average (12th)

Pelini Average (26th)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Distract/Deflect much?

Harbaugh has an 8 win season. Pelini always won at least 9.

The topic at hand is that Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh in EVERY aspect of the game except recruiting.

Harbaugh Average (12th)

Pelini Average (26th)

Ok. But you're also talking to the guy who thinks Pelini was fine at Nebraska. So by comparing Harbaugh to someone I think was fine at Nebraska, you're saying I agree with myself. I think Harbaugh has underachieved, to that I agree with your point. I'd like two things to happen in the next two years: a win over OSU and a win against another team as an underdog. I'd also like to see both the offense and defense gel in the same season. But otherwise, it's my opinion that if you keep winning games the other stuff will happen sooner or later.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. But you're also talking to the guy who thinks Pelini was fine at Nebraska. So by comparing Harbaugh to someone I think was fine at Nebraska, you're saying I agree with myself. I think Harbaugh has underachieved, to that I agree with your point. I'd like two things to happen in the next two years: a win over OSU and a win against another team as an underdog. I'd also like to see both the offense and defense gel in the same season. But otherwise, it's my opinion that if you keep winning games the other stuff will happen sooner or later.

I've spent the last couple seasons saying "Jim Harbaugh = Bo Pelini". That is comparing the two and giving Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt because he has better players at his disposal than Pelini ever did.

However, after 5 full seasons it is clear that Bo Pelini >> Jim Harbaugh. There is no longer a comparison.

I can see how you'd see a guy that could win a couple outright division titles would be "fine".

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've spent the last couple seasons saying "Jim Harbaugh = Bo Pelini". That is comparing the two and giving Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt because he has better players at his disposal than Pelini ever did.

However, after 5 full seasons it is clear that Bo Pelini >> Jim Harbaugh. There is no longer a comparison.

I can see how you'd see a guy that could win a couple outright division titles would be "fine".
Harbaugh has better players, but is also in a much harder division of football than Nebraska has ever been in.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

rotflmfao..............

my god there are some funny as hell michigan/harbaugh gifs........

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was more successful as an NFL coach.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has better players, but is also in a much harder division of football than Nebraska has ever been in.

Please.

Mike Riley and Scott Frost have BOTH beaten Sparty in the last 4 years. Bo Pelini also went 2-2 against them.

Riley never played Penn St, but Frost did in his 1st season (2017). Penn St won 56-44 (a 12 pt margin).

That same season (2017), Penn St beat Harbaugh's Michigan 42-13 (a 29 pt margin).

Minnesota beat Penn St this season. Wisconsin beat Michigan this season.

I note you Michigan pimps like your moral victories, like to distract/deflect, and like to hold onto tOSU's coat tail.

"We were winning at halftime."
"Look over there."
"We're in Ohio St's division. That automatically makes us good too."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(5-7) Army played Michigan to 2 OT's in Ann Arbor this season.

Is Army in that "harder division"?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.

Mike Riley and Scott Frost have BOTH beaten Sparty in the last 4 years. Bo Pelini also went 2-2 against them.

Riley never played Penn St, but Frost did in his 1st season (2017). Penn St won 56-44 (a 12 pt margin).

That same season (2017), Penn St beat Harbaugh's Michigan 42-13 (a 29 pt margin).

Minnesota beat Penn St this season. Wisconsin beat Michigan this season.

I note you Michigan pimps like your moral victories, like to distract/deflect, and like to hold onto tOSU's coat tail.

"We were winning at halftime."
"Look over there."
"We're in Ohio St's division. That automatically makes us good too."
That's some pretty big stretching you did there. You're trying to suggest beating teams or losing close games to teams who beat other teams somehow equates to being in a better division or having an equal road to championships? The Western division has never won a B10 title game. Beating one strong team from the west is not the same thing as going through stretches playing Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State. Pelini never had to compete in a division as tough as the current B10 east, and it's not even close.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(5-7) Army played Michigan to 2 OT's in Ann Arbor this season.

Is Army in that "harder division"?
Michigan's offense progressed massively from the start of the season from the end, that's good coaching. And our bad performance against Army has to do with what? We won that game. Teams can play really bad games. OSU won the B10 last year and got blown out by Purdue, who finished 6-7.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some pretty big stretching you did there. You're trying to suggest beating teams or losing close games to teams who beat other teams somehow equates to being in a better division or having an equal road to championships? The Western division has never won a B10 title game. Beating one strong team from the west is not the same thing as going through stretches playing Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State. Pelini never had to compete in a division as tough as the current B10 east, and it's not even close.

Michigan has never won a B10 title game either, you flaming idiot.

Michigan has never even BEEN to the B10 title game. It hasn't mattered whether they were in the Legends or East Division.

Stop living off of other's accomplishments. It's pathetic.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has never won a B10 title game either, you flaming idiot.

Michigan has never even BEEN to the B10 title game. It hasn't mattered whether they were in the Legends or East Division.

Stop living off of other's accomplishments. It's pathetic.
Right, but that has nothing to do with my point about the strength of the division and level of competition. So when you compare stats of Pelini and Harbaugh you have to also take into account that Harbaugh has a much harder ladder to climb.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's what you don't understand homer. There's not a single Huskers fan that's overly pimped up Frost in the nonstop fashion that JH is pimped up. Mainly by you.

Jimmy Jam's 5 years in ann arbor have been a disaster. You know his bowl record. And his record as an underdog on the road. And his record vs. ranked teams. And his record vs. Ohio State.

If his name wasn't Harbaugh he would have been fired 5 minutes after Ohio State scored 55+ in back to back games. But you just keep fooling yourself into thinking he's done a great job so far.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't hold it against the West that Wisconsin can't beat tOHSU

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you don't understand homer. There's not a single Huskers fan that's overly pimped up Frost in the nonstop fashion that JH is pimped up. Mainly by you.

Jimmy Jam's 5 years in ann arbor have been a disaster. You know his bowl record. And his record as an underdog on the road. And his record vs. ranked teams. And his record vs. Ohio State.

If his name wasn't Harbaugh he would have been fired 5 minutes after Ohio State scored 55+ in back to back games. But you just keep fooling yourself into thinking he's done a great job so far.
Harbaugh has been attacked since he got here. I've simply defended him. I think you're confusing my defense as "pimping him up". And it's probably true if he was an outsider, he'd be gone and we'd be on a 5th coach struggling with what the previous 4 coaches struggled to do; consistently win, beat OSU and win championships.