• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hesitant with the pick, especially because Dallas Turner was still on the board, but I am now fully on board with the Nix pick. He’s a baller

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When to start or not to start

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say i have no clue .. if it is dead even. easy ! Nix cost the same next year Cheap .

The other two will need to be resigned next year so IMO I don't give a rip start Nix to me it is about next year . We need to see if we need give him at least 2 to 3 years. Breese did not look good till late in the that last year he was with the Bolts

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say i have no clue .. if it is dead even. easy ! Nix cost the same next year Cheap .

The other two will need to be resigned next year so IMO I don't give a rip start Nix to me it is about next year . We need to see if we need give him at least 2 to 3 years. Breese did not look good till late in the that last year he was with the Bolts

If it is dead even or even if it's Wilson or Stidham just slightly ahead of Nix, it's gotta be Nix as the week 1 starter. Unless there is something in either of them that they show a significant advantage over Nix, and I doubt that'll be the case, then the future needs to be now and Nix needs to be the starter now.

NFL prognasticators continually rank this team a bottom feeder. Vegas has the wins at 5.5. Roster talent is consistently graded low.

This is the perfect season for the Broncos to start their QBOTF. It's a low pressure situation than a complete roster that just needed a QB to be a contender. Nobody in the Broncos complex is going to admit this, and I'm glad they won't. But if 2024 turns into an extended pre-season for 2025 that wouldn't be a bad thing as long as their QB is Nix. They've got to get the rookie started right away.

6-11 with Nix starting 17 is better than 8-9 or even 9-8 and no playoffs with either of the other two starting.

And all this ignores that rookies have often come in and started fast. Analysts and Vegas have been wrong about teams. Imagine the coup if Nix starts and the Broncos manage 10-7? Epic.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is dead even or even if it's Wilson or Stidham just slightly ahead of Nix, it's gotta be Nix as the week 1 starter. Unless there is something in either of them that they show a significant advantage over Nix, and I doubt that'll be the case, then the future needs to be now and Nix needs to be the starter now.

NFL prognasticators continually rank this team a bottom feeder. Vegas has the wins at 5.5. Roster talent is consistently graded low.

This is the perfect season for the Broncos to start their QBOTF. It's a low pressure situation than a complete roster that just needed a QB to be a contender. Nobody in the Broncos complex is going to admit this, and I'm glad they won't. But if 2024 turns into an extended pre-season for 2025 that wouldn't be a bad thing as long as their QB is Nix. They've got to get the rookie started right away.

6-11 with Nix starting 17 is better than 8-9 or even 9-8 and no playoffs with either of the other two starting.

And all this ignores that rookies have often come in and started fast. Analysts and Vegas have been wrong about teams. Imagine the coup if Nix starts and the Broncos manage 10-7? Epic.
This guy knows football.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do people feel like Bo needs to take the reigns as the #1 and get all those reps before they start getting concerned?

Given the fact that he is competing against Stidham (borderline NFL backup IMO) and Wilson (major bust who is not showing any signs of putting it together) it should be sooner than later IMO. The ideal scenario I would like to see is Nix named the game 1 starter after the first preseason game and get the first half of preseason game 2 with the starters.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do people feel like Bo needs to take the reigns as the #1 and get all those reps before they start getting concerned?

Given the fact that he is competing against Stidham (borderline NFL backup IMO) and Wilson (major bust who is not showing any signs of putting it together) it should be sooner than later IMO. The ideal scenario I would like to see is Nix named the game 1 starter after the first preseason game and get the first half of preseason game 2 with the starters.
What would be on my mind as the HC - not putting Nix out as a starter and have to bench him later due to poor performance. I think Payton will have to have the certainty in his mind that Nix will not be overwhelmed by the moment and at that point start him. The desire on Sean Payton's part is the sooner the better for starting Nix.

I think Nix starts from game 1 - because he will work to be better with pretty much any idle second during the waking hours. Even if he is not quite up to Stidham's level at the start of the season - if Nix has shown the capacity to learn and getter better at the pro job - he will start.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BroncosNation gotta question about Bo Nix.

Was talking to my bro-n-law earlier today about the upcoming season, he's a lifelong fan and former season ticketholder.

He doesn't know much about Nix and all I really know about him is he started at Auburn.

Here's my question. Since he's a little older than the typical rookie QB how much faith do you have in him? I know that's a tough question to ask about a QB that hasn't taken snap yet but I was wondering what others opinions are of him.

Any response is appreciated. Then I can share the info with my bro-n-law.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's got to go into pre-season as the #1. Like I said elsewhere, if he is even slightly behind Stidham or Wilson during camp, he's got to be the starter. I realize he hasn't proven a thing yet but I am more confident he will be the shot in the arm this offense needs than either of the other two. And like I described a few days ago, the time and temperature is just right for a rookie, especially one with more college experience than most rookies, to come in and have an immediate impact. This team has been dismal and there is nobody who expects much from this year's Broncos, so the weight of carrying the franchise won't stunt his growth.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BroncosNation gotta question about Bo Nix.

Was talking to my bro-n-law earlier today about the upcoming season, he's a lifelong fan and former season ticketholder.

He doesn't know much about Nix and all I really know about him is he started at Auburn.

Here's my question. Since he's a little older than the typical rookie QB how much faith do you have in him? I know that's a tough question to ask about a QB that hasn't taken snap yet but I was wondering what others opinions are of him.

Any response is appreciated. Then I can share the info with my bro-n-law.
I'm not worried about that at all. I would think a few extra starts and the extra years of experience would likely contribute to Nix's maturity and ability to adjust to the challenges of the NFL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about that at all. I would think a few extra starts and the extra years of experience would likely contribute to Nix's maturity and ability to adjust to the challenges of the NFL.

I hope Nix is finally the QB the Broncos have been looking for. Went to games at Mile High from 2010 to '17.