• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on Elway.

“The nine-time Pro-Bowler and first ballot Hall-of-Famer finished his rookie year with 1,663 passing yards, seven touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 10 games. He started the season as a rookie before being benched mid-October, but following an injury to veteran Steve DeBerg, Elway was once again starting quarterback. His QB rating that season was just north of 54 percent.”
Elway started the first two games when the Broncos won both in 1983. Elway struggled in the first two games, so the brought in Steve DeBerg who took over and did a great job. The Broncos let Elway go the full game in the third game and the Broncos lost 13-10. Coach Reeves decided to place DeBerg as the starter and the Broncos got into playoff contention as the season moved on. When DeBerg was injured, Elway came in and did a good job, looking much better. In a crucial game against Seattle on November 20th, Both Elway and DeBerg were injured and Gary Kubiak started the game. His first pro touchdown pass was a 78 yard pass to Steve Watson (Watson had 119 yards in that game on four receptions). Kubiak also scored himself on a 7 yard run into the end zone. The Broncos won 38-27 and kept them in a playoff mode.

By the way, I've been off the site for awhile and lost the site when I had to turn my Macbook in. But, I finally found it again by typing in "Mingo and Broncos football." After 25 years with the U.S. Border Patrol (retired at the end of 2011, and the past 12 years as a teacher (retired from teaching on June 1, 2024) I'm finally actually retired (But, I'm doing the substitute thing 3-4 days a week, primarily to get out of the house...but I get to choose when I want to sub. If I didn't do something, Mrs. Jaw would put me to work)!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway started the first two games when the Broncos won both in 1983. Elway struggled in the first two games, so the brought in Steve DeBerg who took over and did a great job. The Broncos let Elway go the full game in the third game and the Broncos lost 13-10. Coach Reeves decided to place DeBerg as the starter and the Broncos got into playoff contention as the season moved on. When DeBerg was injured, Elway came in and did a good job, looking much better. In a crucial game against Seattle on November 20th, Both Elway and DeBerg were injured and Gary Kubiak started the game. His first pro touchdown pass was a 78 yard pass to Steve Watson (Watson had 119 yards in that game on four receptions). Kubiak also scored himself on a 7 yard run into the end zone. The Broncos won 38-27 and kept them in a playoff mode.

By the way, I've been off the site for awhile and lost the site when I had to turn my Macbook in. But, I finally found it again by typing in "Mingo and Broncos football." After 25 years with the U.S. Border Patrol (retired at the end of 2011, and the past 12 years as a teacher (retired from teaching on June 1, 2024) I'm finally actually retired (But, I'm doing the substitute thing 3-4 days a week, primarily to get out of the house...but I get to choose when I want to sub. If I didn't do something, Mrs. Jaw would put me to work)!
Always enjoyed the Ironjaw takes. Good to see you, Jaw.