• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Blue Jackets vs Pens - or "the battle to end stupid seeding rules"

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortellini play goon trap crap against Sid cause they can't win and try to emulate crap Hitchcock.

Hey, speaking of tortellini, the Penguins are going to be on the big screen at the Olive Garden on Peach Street in the greatest town on the greatest of the great lakes, Erie, PA. You should come on down.

Sid has ability to will his team to the Finals where other spare parts like Geno and Phil can then take over once the opposition shadows the Kid. Just sit back in bask in Sid's greatness while OV is probably scoring a 5 on 3 goal for mother Russia in the bronze medal match of the worlds.

/and Michel Dion is the correct answer because without him no way do the Pens get a chance to draft Mario

100% AGREED. THE PENS ARE A TOUGH TEAM TO BEAT. MY SOURCES TELL ME THAT IF THE LEAFS WIN THEY WILL RE-SIGN AKI BERG FOR THE NEXT ROUND TO TAKE THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Vesey went to Harvard and not some garbage Canadian university, ergo the Rangers will beat the Habs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. What the hell was with Bob? Man alive. I mean most of the goals were pretty well earned, but the guy was giving up some atrocious rebounds out there.

I think he was off balance from the start, but he got left out to dry so many times. He was decent to good in one and two, but he faced so many odd man rushes, and guys wide open to one side because everyone in front of him was chasing hits, that he kind of retreated to be more conservative.

It didn't work. Three or four Pens goals were because Bob moved off position and lifted his leg or dropped a glove. He was trying to plan ahead because he had no support.

A lot of kool aid drinkers are squarely blaming him. And yes, he didn't look like "Bob" until game 5. But he wasn't even remotely responsible for any of the losses.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortellini play goon trap crap against Sid cause they can't win and try to emulate crap Hitchcock.

Hey, speaking of tortellini, the Penguins are going to be on the big screen at the Olive Garden on Peach Street in the greatest town on the greatest of the great lakes, Erie, PA. You should come on down.

Sid has ability to will his team to the Finals where other spare parts like Geno and Phil can then take over once the opposition shadows the Kid. Just sit back in bask in Sid's greatness while OV is probably scoring a 5 on 3 goal for mother Russia in the bronze medal match of the worlds.

/and Michel Dion is the correct answer because without him no way do the Pens get a chance to draft Mario

100% AGREED. THE PENS ARE A TOUGH TEAM TO BEAT. MY SOURCES TELL ME THAT IF THE LEAFS WIN THEY WILL RE-SIGN AKI BERG FOR THE NEXT ROUND TO TAKE THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
:hail:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was off balance from the start, but he got left out to dry so many times. He was decent to good in one and two, but he faced so many odd man rushes, and guys wide open to one side because everyone in front of him was chasing hits, that he kind of retreated to be more conservative.

It didn't work. Three or four Pens goals were because Bob moved off position and lifted his leg or dropped a glove. He was trying to plan ahead because he had no support.

A lot of kool aid drinkers are squarely blaming him. And yes, he didn't look like "Bob" until game 5. But he wasn't even remotely responsible for any of the losses.

Keep telling yourself that...get him moving laterally and he fails

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself that...get him moving laterally and he fails

Clearly
soRrg67.gif

Bobrovsky2.gif

Bobrovsky1-2.gif

In reality, Bob's most consistent issue is getting a tiny bit off angle and getting beat high to the corners because he's so low and his angle coverage is off.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I consider myself a semi-expert when it comes to knowing when your goalie has cost you a series...and this isn't squarely on Bob. That said, for CBJ to win the series they needed him to steal a game or three, and that's just not the guy that showed up. The Pens forwards are a gauntlet and CBJs defense outside of Werenski/Jones is meh (Nunavara was a nice look too), and to get past them they just needed Bob to do what Rinne has. Take over. Btw, let me just say holy shit Werenski. And jones. Those two were a delight.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Hannah, welcome back pix!

Howdy stranger! Been a busy bee, should be roaming a bit more in the next round, classes ended this week, give my final Wed, last games of the year coming up and all.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself a semi-expert when it comes to knowing when your goalie has cost you a series...and this isn't squarely on Bob. That said, for CBJ to win the series they needed him to steal a game or three, and that's just not the guy that showed up. The Pens forwards are a gauntlet and CBJs defense outside of Werenski/Jones is meh (Nunavara was a nice look too), and to get past them they just needed Bob to do what Rinne has. Take over. Btw, let me just say holy shit Werenski. And jones. Those two were a delight.

The top 2 D pairs all season were Jones/Werenski and Murray Nutivaara. Murray was hurt and for some reason, Tortellini went with a guy we got for a team to take a head case and a kid who had 3 NHL games experience over Newt. And he had a guy with 60 playoff games in the pressbox in Quincey. Quincey/Newt should have been the pairing with Carlsson drawing in when Werenski's face exploded.

The Jackets D isn't bad. The combos Torts played were.

When Jack Motherfuckin Johnson gets more than 14 minutes, shit goes south.

Bob was only good.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Jackets lost when Warensky was playing in the series...

Gotta say, Jones is awesome and has really grown since being a Winterhawk...two stud D men you have! Trade you Letang for either, and will pay Letangs remaining salary too!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Jackets lost when Warensky was playing in the series...

Gotta say, Jones is awesome and has really grown since being a Winterhawk...two stud D men you have! Trade you Letang for either, and will pay Letangs remaining salary too!

The only D man we would trade is Johnson, and we wouldn't want another D man back. Maybe a few extra rolls of tape.