• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleacher Reports top 50 Players of all Time

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is hard to argue with the 12 they picked.

Well, aside from Laetner anyway:

Isaiah had certainly achieved more, but Mullin was the better fit and closer to his prime.
Isaiah was snubbed because Jordan hated him. Wasn't about roster construction
And obviously it didn't matter in terms of the results

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan beats the Pistons once and all the sudden he's better than them

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check this out. I saw this interview recently. John Salley says that Magic Johnson, NOT Michael Jordan is responsible for Isiah not being on the team. Wild.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this out. I saw this interview recently. John Salley says that Magic Johnson, NOT Michael Jordan is responsible for Isiah not being on the team. Wild.

I heard the same thing. Magic and Isaiah were best friends for years. But apparently, Isaiah didn't have Magic's back when he was diagnosed with HIV and came out against him when he wanted to return to the NBA.

So, when the team was being put together, Magic said that if Isaiah was on the team, he wouldn't be.

Funny, I thought that was common knowledge. Guess not. Lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the same thing. Magic and Isaiah were best friends for years. But apparently, Isaiah didn't have Magic's back when he was diagnosed with HIV and came out against him when he wanted to return to the NBA.

So, when the team was being put together, Magic said that if Isaiah was on the team, he wouldn't be.

Funny, I thought that was common knowledge. Guess not. Lol

Yeah, I'm a pretty big hoops fan, but I had no idea about this. Maybe it's not something I dove too deep into. Once they said it was MJ who was the one who had him kicked off the team, in my mind I was like "yeah, that makes sense" and just never thought twice about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm a pretty big hoops fan, but I had no idea about this. Maybe it's not something I dove too deep into. Once they said it was MJ who was the one who had him kicked off the team, in my mind I was like "yeah, that makes sense" and just never thought twice about it.

And to be fair, we're talking about something from 27 years ago. I actually didn't remember the details until I started typing the post. I had started to say it was from the 2 times they faced each other in the finals, but then remembered the HIV thing.

I think they eventually buried the hatchet, but the relationship hasn't been the same since.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, the MJ thing does not really make sense when you think about it.

After all, it was MJ who pushed for the Bulls to acquire Dennis Rodman. And there were many more reasons extending beyond playing for Detroit that would make Jordan not want Rodman. Pippen was strongly against the move until MJ convinced him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After all, it was MJ who pushed for the Bulls to acquire Dennis Rodman. And there were many more reasons extending beyond playing for Detroit that would make Jordan not want Rodman. Pippen was strongly against the move until MJ convinced him.

Yeah key being when you think about it. I didn’t. But plenty of things that make you think once you start to piece together things.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah key being when you think about it. I didn’t. But plenty of things that make you think once you start to piece together things.

One thing that I always found interesting was that when Magic returned to the NBA, I believe Karl Malone was the first to speak out against it...

and if he wasn't first, he was definitely the most outspoken. But he was on the Dream Team.

Maybe Magic felt more betrayed by Isaiah since they were close friends?

*Edit* Screwed up my timeline. His return was after the Dream Team. Which kind of made it worse because he didn't object to playing on the same team as Magic for the All Star Game and the Dream Team...but didn't want to play against him in the NBA.

Last edited: