• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

blame mac but

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can we now put the blame on lou?

from the insane way he handles coaches the past 10 years

to the bad free agents he signed

to the bad contracts he signed

to the NTC's he signed

to not so great drafting

is it finally time we put some blame on lou?

sure he took the team from nothing in the late 80s brought them to the promise land but all good things come to end at some point job security has to become an issue with lou like everyone else ortherwise he will just continue to work with no fear...lou you are going to leave this team the way you found it

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont listen to him, if you ask him it's Lou's fault the all star game isnt East Vs West this year

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it hasnt been too solid outside of parise in a loaded draft who can you claim being solid? zajac? yeah but this year he has regressed big time to be fair so has everyone but outside those 2? meh the defense has been horrible whoever they call up i dont see any bright spots there..tedenby looks good so far but its only 15 games into his career. thats why i said though its been not so great....also there is a giant hole in our goalie depth charts

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whats wrong with my post tilo? what dont you agree with?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair, the Devils always draft in the late in the rounds. Usually the top 5 or so picks are locks to be either stars or very good players. After that, its a crap shoot. Drafting in the 20s consistently each year makes it tougher.

Lets not forget Tedenby. Seems to be a very good draft pick so far.

But yes, Lou does deserve blame. As do the players,coaches, etc

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regarding drafting, the numbers disagree with you cup. Of all the teams in the league, the Devils have something like the second most active picks in the NHL. They're not all on the Devils obviously, but they did trade a bunch of them. We've been missing in the later rounds lately, but Bergfors turned out OK (he did earn us Kovy after all). Corrente is serviceable and still young. Zharkov, Vayunov still look promising, and Tedenby looks like a major, major steal.

And IMO, Parise buys you a decade of mediocrity.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always joke with my friend is Pitt that if we had their game plan (suck for 5 years on purpose) we'd just as great as them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
since parise who in this lineup is nhl good talent....tedenby (15 games into his career) so jury still out on him...zajac? who knows after this year game took a big step back

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Lou can take some blame for this train wreck of a season but it's not all his fault... I don't think he has been to crazy with the coaches, most of them got what was coming to them. Lemaire quit, Sutter quit, Burns got sick Robinson got sick these are not Lou's fault

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lemaire shouldnt of been brought in neither should have robinson for the second go around.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need new pants. Edit: This is soooo wrong but I'm actually crying tears of joy

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langenbrunner makes me laugh with what he was quoted saying in the article that Sly put out there.

"He's a very good defensive coach and understands the ins and outs of how to play the game," Langenbrunner said of Lemaire. "He's good offensively, too. He'll bring his expertise. I respect him as a coach. I think he's a smart hockey man. He'll do what is best for the team.''

This is coming from someone who had a hissy fit last year because he wanted to play in one of the games before the playoffs but Lemaire gave him the night off for a rest. I hope Langenbrunner is ready to walk the talk and follow Lemaire.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how two-faced someone is, I cant hate them for trying to be classy.