• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Griffin is playing like a superstar this yr

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to criticized Blake for the last 2 yrs for not playing as he should be but so far this yr, he's been dominating as he came into the game avg 23 and 11 before dropping 27 and 10 tonight.

Keep on Blake and the Clippers may make it to the 2nd round this season.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake had a good game today but I just need to see more. I already know he can get dunks and set up from CP3 but if the Clippers want a shot at the title he needs to be an elite post player, someone you can go to near the end of the game in a half court offense. If he can do this then the Clippers can be legit title contenders. However, this talk on ESPN about Chris Paul being the best PG of all time is just ridiculous...

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to criticized Blake for the last 2 yrs for not playing as he should be but so far this yr, he's been dominating as he came into the game avg 23 and 11 before dropping 27 and 10 tonight.

Nice subtle dig at the end of your post.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, this talk on ESPN about Chris Paul being the best PG of all time is just ridiculous...
You have to think that CP3 hates that there is a commercial out there with Blake making a blind PG look good.

Im not putting him in the superstar category but I think he takes a bit too much crap for what happens to the Clippers in the playoffs. He is good enough to be the 2nd best player on a team with 3 legit stars but they need a 3rd amigo

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Blake has played well this season and he's gotten better each year, he doesn't deserve a lot of the stuff that comes his way - the Clippers just need a third guy that can complement those guys well - Andre Iguodala would have been a real nice guy to have with those two instead of JJ Redick and Jared Dudley - I like those two guys but I feel like it's an eye sore with those two in the lineup, they both shouldn't be in the lineup

What they need is some more big man depth, someone that can legitimately spell DJ and get some points and rebounds off the bench

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Blake Griffin will eventually wear a Thunder uniform.

He and I both grew up in Oklahoma City, though in areas far away from each other.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Phoenix took the whole 'we have an elite PG and a good PF surrounded by spot up 3pt shooters thing' as far as it could go. They need another star

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might have gotten lucky by choosing him for my fantasy team - He is treating me good so far

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I figured sooner or later Doc would start to work on him mentally. Doc is showing him the cerebral side of basketball to go along with the talent. I'm thinking Blake might make a big step forward this year or next.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake had a good game today but I just need to see more. I already know he can get dunks and set up from CP3 but if the Clippers want a shot at the title he needs to be an elite post player, someone you can go to near the end of the game in a half court offense. If he can do this then the Clippers can be legit title contenders. However, this talk on ESPN about Chris Paul being the best PG of all time is just ridiculous...

Advanced stats says he is. But I think he is one of the best ever

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you friends with shaq and Charles barkley by the way?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advanced stats says he is. But I think he is one of the best ever

Advanced stats aren't perfect stats. If you look at PER older players are far worse than modern players because PER takes into account the pace of the game too much. An example is last year Brooklyn had one of the slowest paces in the league and Brook Lopez was high up in PER. Advanced stats are useful but flawed and anyone with common sense should know Chris Paul shouldn't even be in the discussion for best PG of all time. That list starts and ends with Magic at least for now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advanced stats aren't perfect stats. If you look at PER older players are far worse than modern players because PER takes into account the pace of the game too much. An example is last year Brooklyn had one of the slowest paces in the league and Brook Lopez was high up in PER. Advanced stats are useful but flawed and anyone with common sense should know Chris Paul shouldn't even be in the discussion for best PG of all time. That list starts and ends with Magic at least for now.

I'm not a fan of PER.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ham what were your advanced stats? I love numbers.

@Pistons per takes in account pace and it is averaged against the league averages so the only argument for generation bias is before 1973 when blocks and steals were not recorded.

PER is definitely not the end all stat but it is a pretty good one.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ham what were your advanced stats? I love numbers.

@Pistons per takes in account pace and it is averaged against the league averages so the only argument for generation bias is before 1973 when blocks and steals were not recorded.

PER is definitely not the end all stat but it is a pretty good one.

I like win shares and RAPM. But the reason I don't like PER is because it doesn't measure how valuable a guy is on defense. It's more of just a offensive stat that doesn't measure effciency

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with that about PER, I like WS too.

Just did some googling on RAPM, I know +/- doesn't account for starting lineups etc but does RAPM? Never actually found it explained that well, just that it is per 48 minutes.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PER also values players who shoot a lot, which is why Bird and Magic did not have a high PER, because of the system they played in. PER is a good stat, better than all the basic stats, but it is not a final and conclusive stat. Also like HamBombs said it is a strictly offensive stat.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the beginning from an ESPN Insider column yesterday (which I don't subscribe to)

After converting an "and one" late in the fourth quarter against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night, Chris Paul surpassed Magic Johnson on a dusty page in the record books. With 20 points and 11 assists, Paul registered a double-double for the 12th straight game to start the season, breaking Johnson's record, set in 1990-91.

Get used to hearing Paul displacing Johnson's standing in history, because Paul already is on pace to be the best point guard to ever step foot in the league. At least he is statistically. The sad thing is that almost no one even realizes this is happening.

I know what you're thinking: "Better than Magic? Paul has never even been to the NBA Finals. He's never even won an MVP. How dare you stomp on Magic's legacy!"

Stomp on this: Paul has the highest player efficiency rating of any point guard in history (25.6) and considerably higher than Johnson (23.5). And if you look at win shares, which estimates the number of wins a player contributes to the bottom line, it tells the same story. Just 12 games into his ninth season, Paul already has more career win shares than Johnson had through nine seasons.

NBA - How Chris Paul is surpassing Magic Johnson as best point guard ever - ESPN

In both their first 8 seasons in the league..... Magic had already played with 13 all-stars...Paul has played with 4.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another offensive statistic but one I think could be an improvement on most such.

Points per MISSED FGA. It would penalize ball-hogs and players with poor shot selection, especially those who
don't attack the rim as often as they should.

If you don't like it don't worry about hurting my feelings. Say so politely and I will havenoproblem.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are the talk of LA, thanks to him.