• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Barnett Transferring from Alabama

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway this debate is dumb. Sabans system ducks for QBS and has for 20 years. Results at the next level over 2 decades point to that. Arguing otherwise is just trying to be contrary an for the sake of argument. Since his system sucks for QBS that is why I'm surprised a 5 star would choose it. Clearly the 5 stars agree with me since they don't choose it except for Barnett who learned his is take quickly and abandoned ship
So your opinion is that Saban's offense is at it's best with average to above average talent at QB? Was Barnett too talented to succeed there or something?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you legitimately don't think there is better QB systems for 5 star guys other than Sabans? Come on dude. You're fucking smart as shit. I know KNOW you don't believe that.

Outside of Jimbo at FSU? Probably not. USC under Carroll was another. There's no perfect system that prepares a QB for the next level. You listed Stanford as a better system, but how is that system any different than Bama's? Or Oregon? They can't develop their own QB's they have to pluck guys from the FCS level. Is the air raid attack successful at developing guys at the next level? So far it looks like it hasn't been so why would 5 star guys go there?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your opinion is that Saban's offense is at it's best with average to above average talent at QB? Was Barnett too talented to succeed there or something?
In my opinion a 5 star guy won't be happy in a Saban system because he will be under utilized and not allowed to be the focus of the team. Do I think Bama is BETTER with an average QB? Nor really. That said an average or slightly above average guy is the right guy for the system because that guy will be OK with what he's asked to do. As long as Saban keeps getting the cream of the crop everywhere else he will be fine. Once he doesn't do that then Bama will be late 90s Michigan St. Not likely to happen though

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion a 5 star guy won't be happy in a Saban system because he will be under utilized and not allowed to be the focus of the team. Do I think Bama is BETTER with an average QB? Nor really. That said an average or slightly above average guy is the right guy for the system because that guy will be OK with what he's asked to do. As long as Saban keeps getting the cream of the crop everywhere else he will be fine. Once he doesn't do that then Bama will be late 90s Michigan St. Not likely to happen though
Jalen Hurts is a true freshman, dual-threat QB. In the 3 games since becoming the full-time starter, he's averaging over 30 pass attempts per game. Last year, Jake Coker threw the ball almost 400 times. He's giving his QBs plenty of reps, it's just that it's never been a position that he's recruited very hard. I'm honestly not sure what else he can do for these QBs to let them show off their talents.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit sorry to do that to you. Meant Cincy.

He'd be better off at a 3rd stringer in Cincy than a starter for the Browns. 2 weeks in Cleveland and he'd be smokin 20 dollar bills with Johnny Foosball. Cleveland it good for one thing only.. ruining careers.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts is a true freshman, dual-threat QB. In the 3 games since becoming the full-time starter, he's averaging over 30 pass attempts per game. Last year, Jake Coker threw the ball almost 400 times. He's giving his QBs plenty of reps, it's just that it's never been a position that he's recruited very hard. I'm honestly not sure what else he can do for these QBs to let them show off their talents.

I was going to say the same thing. But they may have turned the corner with Jalen Hurts this year. He's looked good and will likely only get better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say the same thing. But they may have turned the corner with Jalen Hurts this year. He's looked good and will likely only get better.
No kidding. He's only 3 starts into a very young career.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A group of Buckeyes talking about how good Bama's QB is? I'lll just:

popcorn_yes.gif

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. He's only 3 starts into a very young career.

This was the one thing I didn't want to see this year. I knew Bama was gonna be tough, but I was hoping they'd continue to struggle at QB. They definitely found something with Hurts.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the one thing I didn't want to see this year. I knew Bama was gonna be tough, but I was hoping they'd continue to struggle at QB. They definitely found something with Hurts.
I'd sure like to see a true freshman QB go up against our defense though. I don't care what you did against USC and Ole Miss. They ain't us.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sure like to see a true freshman QB go up against our defense though. I don't care what you did against USC and Ole Miss. They ain't us.

On the flip side, OSU is unlikely to see a defense this year like Alabama's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, OSU is unlikely to see a defense this year like Alabama's.
I think Wisconsin is playing just as well, and against good competition. Even michigan's defense has the talent. I hope so badly to see Alabama, just this time in the big game and not the semifinal.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wisconsin is playing just as well, and against good competition. Even michigan's defense has the talent. I hope so badly to see Alabama, just this time in the big game and not the semifinal.

I went to the Sugar Bowl a couple of years ago, so I'll stay out of this one.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, just with Bama winning, of course.