• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Barnett Transferring from Alabama

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what I thought I would find in here.

v1.bTsxMTE4OTY2NTtqOzE3MTg0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have always raised your game? You are in tops in your field of choice?
You don't get it at all.

I could be at the absolute top of my field, but if I am not seeking growth and improvement, then I am not showing a high level character. Conversely, I could be in the dregs of my field and continually working to improve because "status quo" isn't good enough, in which case I would be showing a high level of character.

What one achieves is not a measure of ones character. How one applies oneself is a much better measure. And to a very large extent, how one one lifts those around him or her, is particularly germane.

A kid who takes his ball and goes him if he doesn't get his way would be an example of a person demonstrating low character. It wouldn't matter if he was the best player on the team or the worst.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think if he had no chance in ever starting nobody would really care that he is leaving mid-season. He just isn't guaranteed to start any games. Hopefully, Hurts never gets hurt and we never need a backup QB. But he is a dual threat guy who has rushed for over 100 yards in games, so the risk is higher than normal.

Take a look at Ohio St just 2 years ago. 3rd string QB out there playing for the national championship and winning it.

On top of that, the starter is a true freshman who could start to struggle as teams adjust to what he does. Barnett could have been called upon at some point in the season and could have won the team with a good performance.

So I would love it and hope it turns out that he never had any chance of starting this year, but he was 1 snap away from playing for a national championship contending team.

Meanwhile, in his best case scenario he is able to play next year - but not in the 1st 4 games of the season. He's basically no matter what going to miss 1/3rd of the season next year. So in order for him to start next year, he'll need to find a team where they are ok with him missing all those games and then he'll have to come in after that. Good luck finding that on a quality team really.

Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, but I don't really see a scenario where his choice was really in his best interest overall. A chance at playing for a national championship contending team this year at some point, and trading that in for a team that might let him be the starter after he misses the 1st 3rd of the season?

So what has he gained at most? 8 games next year with a team that probably isn't going to be doing too well and has QB problems so bad that they are willing to wait 4 games to get him.

Like I said, a week ago I would have laughed at someone suggesting any player would transfer mid-season. I probably would have hurt myself laughing too hard if someone told me a 2nd string QB from a championship contending team would be the one to do it. And yet...here we are.
Everything you say could very well be true but he thought he would not play so he made what he thought was the best move for himself. If he leaves after the season he has one year, now he gets 8 more games. I dont think it was the best move but I won't attack a kid for making a tough decision he thinks is best.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you say could very well be true but he thought he would not play so he made what he thought was the best move for himself. If he leaves after the season he has one year, now he gets 8 more games. I dont think it was the best move but I won't attack a kid for making a tough decision he thinks is best.

I hope he does well wherever he goes unless it's Auburn or Tennessee.

It's really more about the precedent and such. This isn't something I'd like to see commonplace and should be generally seen as a bad thing/idea.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it at all.

I could be at the absolute top of my field, but if I am not seeking growth and improvement, then I am not showing a high level character. Conversely, I could be in the dregs of my field and continually working to improve because "status quo" isn't good enough, in which case I would be showing a high level of character.

What one achieves is not a measure of ones character. How one applies oneself is a much better measure. And to a very large extent, how one one lifts those around him or her, is particularly germane.

A kid who takes his ball and goes him if he doesn't get his way would be an example of a person demonstrating low character. It wouldn't matter if he was the best player on the team or the worst.
You see it as "taking his ball and going home". You for some reason can't see this from the side of this kid. If he doesn't do what everyone thinks he should you attack. Sorry that's BS.
Also you didn't get my comment. It was not about effort, he could be trying his hardest every day you have no clue. You attacked him because he didn't suck it up and stay. You opinion, but no real clue of the situation or how hard he works. That's why I asked if you have kept those same standards for yourself. Shoot for the highest level and don't quit until you get there. I know just for the masses.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does well wherever he goes unless it's Auburn or Tennessee.

It's really more about the precedent and such. This isn't something I'd like to see commonplace and should be generally seen as a bad thing/idea.
I personally like the players have having a little more control.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree wholeheartedly. Coaches can up and leave whenever they'd like -- last year Central Florida's coach quit 8 games into the season. Coaches make promises to kids and then jump ship if they are offered more money or a better program.

Players should have more control of their future than they have right now.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just not the case. Either from coaches changing jobs to being fired. It's the entire reason they put in the buyouts, it's a bit of a "well if things don't work out exactly, there is this". The buyout gives the school extra money for finding it's next coach if the coach quits, or the coach takes the job knowing he'll get his buyout even if things don't work out.

None of what you said makes a buyout a fulfillment of a contract. Sure it's if the contract doesn't work out, but that doesn't mean the contract was fulfilled. Even you know that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason to assume he can work harder than he worked this year. There's also no reason to assume he won't be working as hard as he can at another school. He can work hard to beat out Jalen Hurts or he can work hard to win/keep his job at a new school. He should go to school somewhere he wants to spend his time. He has four years of eligibility, let him use them how he wants.

There is a big reason to assume he didn't work as hard as he could. He got beat out by a true freshman running qb in a largely pro style offense. I'm not against letting him go somewhere he wants. But he chose Alabama on his own, no one made him go there.

An there's no garuntee he will start immediately to the school he transfers too

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally like college football over the NFL.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire David Shaw.

That was worse than some shit Kiffin would call.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't block on the line in the middle of the field together, what the fuck makes you think they are going to block a guy out in open space?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey a TD!

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like college football over the NFL.
Yet you keep wanting college to become more like the NFL and have zero respect for the values that really make college football what it is. I've told you multiple times to go NFL because it's more suited to your mindset.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you keep wanting college to become more like the NFL and have zero respect for the values that really make college football what it is. I've told you multiple times to go NFL because it's more suited to your mindset.

Have I told you to go fuck yourself lately?

Just in case: Go fuck yourself.