• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As already stated, the first movie was also a box office failure........at the start.

The good reviews should give it some legs. It will also do well post-theatre.

you are so warned

Agreed. Some movies take a while to sink in. Prometheus got beat up and now I really like it.

Like the first Blade Runner, the visions of the future were really good. The whole hologram girlfriend segments were well done. It didn't hurt that the girl was amazing looking.

The general deterioration of society always go well in sci-fi movies. ;)

The great blackout seemed contrived though.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that did cross my mind while watching: Why did they give "Look at me; I am the captain now," Avon Barksdale, Drax, and black dude from TWD all ~2 minute cameos? I mean, I'm sure they weren't that expensive, but it seems like their respective roles could have been filled by the average nobody.

Fuck, for $200 I'd put on blackface and mumble some gibberish in a foreign language about buying a horse....

When K got to the garbage dump I thought it would be hilarious if Jadis came strolling out. Then it was Lennie James and I laughed. Th

Not as loud as the guy sitting the seat next to me who had seem the original 1000 times and made sure anyone within 10 feet knew he got all the Easter eggs to the original but that made me lol.

I haven't seen the original but thought it was great. It drug on too long and was a bit predictable but I really enjoyed the movie. The cast was great and despite the length the pacing was pretty great. I thought Leto did well but honestly the movie could have been shortened by cutting his scenes and making Wallace a character that is in the shadows.

It sucks that the box office isn't great because I want to know what happens next.

Is K dead? Probably but he had Arya Stark strength with a fatal gut wound there on the end so who knows.

Dekkard met his daughter. Gotta know what's going on there

Wallace and society. We got an interesting undeveloped character. I'd love to see this explored.

The resistance. This is where the series is trending. This story needs completion

The movie didn't have Michael Bay explosions so the returns sucked. More Transformers for idiots and this one leaves us with unanswered questions. Sad

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great blackout seemed contrived though.
Watch the shorts. It wasn't just 'contrived', it was carried out on purpose.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F'n LOVED it.

Best movie I have seen in ages.

Visually spectacular, and a beautifully dark dystopia. Yes, they did drag things out a bit much from part to part though.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this for the second time the other night. I liked it much better. I really loved the atmosphere and setting.

Sets up nicely for a third film (off world hopefully),but I wish it had done better financially

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to bed. When I wake up, I hope to see @SDPaddlefish saying that his post had a typo and his friend is actually a really big sic-fi guy who gave Blade Runner 2049 a 1/10 (he also hates 2001, Children of Men, and Close Encounters). I then hope to scroll down and see a post from @chf that makes reference to rating the film in terms of MOVIE MAKING and something about the soundtrack.

It will be glorious.

So what Sci-Fi does this guy like? Since I like all these movies?

The Chronicles of Riddick?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some astonishing visuals here: the smoke and orange sky of the California wildfires made San Francisco look eerily like the future of Blade Runner 2049: