• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Sails

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - LMAO @ the title of this Thread...

You think it's so unfeasable that a race of slave warriors would stick around to fight with the person who freed them in an effort to gain some retribution on those that enslaved them as well as free other slaves?

I think you need to slow down with the whiskey and weed - you got out over your skis.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's so unfeasable that a race of slave warriors would stick around to fight with the person who freed them in an effort to gain some retribution on those that enslaved them as well as free other slaves?

I think you need to slow down with the whiskey and weed - you got out over your skis.
Explain how the Soldiers were Freed...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont watch much TV, but I was making an Ultimate Nox Arcana thread in the music section and there was a song titles Black Sails. And it reminded me of the fact in December my brother convinced me to watch the show up to that point, which was a major mistake.

Here is a Metaphor for the Show...

I am going to Climb a Mountain.
I will Prepare to Climb a Mountain.
Now that I am ready to Climb a Mountain.
I swim to a Ship and Sail Away...

Rinse, Repeat...

I just summed up the entire show...
I haven't seen the show, but it's been in my netflix queue for a while now. i see there's some discussion here, which I don't care to read through, just a summation of the consensus. either way it will remain in my queue, it'll let me know if i should ever get to it or not.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show. OP not withstanding.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun show. I'm enjoying it. Got the jonesing for more piracy after playing Assassins Creed: Black Flag. Good companion piece to that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Serious?

Let me try and break this down as Simply as Possible.

1. They were SLAVES FROM BIRTH, They have NO IDEA nor ANY Experience in Free Will.
2. Those who held Power over them, were Slaughtered in Seconds.
3. Power Used is what made them Slaves in the First Place.

Explain how in the Face of the Power Of Dragons, Life Long Slaves exercised Free Will, Please Explain that...

Also if you FREE Slaves, how can you make them do what they were in Slavery To Do.

I freed Slave Soldiers, now they are Just My Soldiers...............

Yeah, pretty serious, you're reading stuff into it that simply isn't there. She gives all the unsullied, and her followers the option to bail. They stay. <shrug>

You think someone born a slave has no concept of what free will is? Heh. Okay.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you FREE SLAVE SOLDIERS, then they are NOT SOLDIERS........................

So as a Slave Soldier, given the Choice of the UTTER Unknown, or being a Soldier to a Greater Power than your Old Slave Masters, It really is not a Choice at All huh?

If she was not Evil, she would have Forgone her Evil Desire to reclaim a Throne Lost due to Evil and Truly Lead these Slaves to Free Will rather than HER OWN WILL......

Yeah, if she wasn't evil, she'd have started a big ol' slave commune, and grown hemp, and had singing circles.

(you get that you're judging her by TODAY'S standards, right?)

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty serious, you're reading stuff into it that simply isn't there. She gives all the unsullied, and her followers the option to bail. They stay. <shrug>

You think someone born a slave has no concept of what free will is? Heh. Okay.

I have gone into this at length, and if you cannot see the Moral Flaw in your opinion then I can no longer Help...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if she wasn't evil, she'd have started a big ol' slave commune, and grown hemp, and had singing circles.

(you get that you're judging her by TODAY'S standards, right?)
You Mean Todays Standard for a Todays Fiction... Ya...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Slaves from Birth Understand Politics from a Different Continent, Unless through HER Words...

They use their words?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me Put it this way.

If through a show of Utter Power I free Life Long Black Slaves, who Pick Cotton, and give them a Choice, Pick Cotton for Me (and then Rationalize it through Words) or go and do whatever you want but I wont help you....

EXACTLY. Heh. Hey, you're free, at least for the next half hour or so, until you walk past the next plantation and they capture you for a runaway slave, whip you, hobble you, and put you to work on their plantation...

ENJOY!!!!

You really haven't thought it through.

And what's with your weird capitalization fetish btw?