• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Sails

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Serious?

Let me try and break this down as Simply as Possible.

1. They were SLAVES FROM BIRTH, They have NO IDEA nor ANY Experience in Free Will.
2. Those who held Power over them, were Slaughtered in Seconds.
3. Power Used is what made them Slaves in the First Place.

Explain how in the Face of the Power Of Dragons, Life Long Slaves exercised Free Will, Please Explain that...

Also if you FREE Slaves, how can you make them do what they were in Slavery To Do.

I freed Slave Soldiers, now they are Just My Soldiers...............
So are you trying to say that since they were born into slavery that it should have remained that way? If so, then you're missing the point of what she is trying to accomplish.

The slaves don't fear her dragons, they fear the outside world. The reason they don't leave is because they wouldn't be free if they left. She's not forcing anyone to do anything.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you trying to say that since they were born into slavery that it should have remained that way? If so, then you're missing the point of what she is trying to accomplish.

The slaves don't fear her dragons, they fear the outside world. The reason they don't leave is because they wouldn't be free if they left. She's not forcing anyone to do anything.

If you FREE SLAVE SOLDIERS, then they are NOT SOLDIERS........................

So as a Slave Soldier, given the Choice of the UTTER Unknown, or being a Soldier to a Greater Power than your Old Slave Masters, It really is not a Choice at All huh?

If she was not Evil, she would have Forgone her Evil Desire to reclaim a Throne Lost due to Evil and Truly Lead these Slaves to Free Will rather than HER OWN WILL......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you FREE SLAVE SOLDIERS, then they are NOT SOLDIERS........................

So as a Slave Soldier, given the Choice of the UTTER Unknown, or being a Soldier to a Greater Power than your Old Slave Masters, It really is not a Choice at All huh?

If she was not Evil, she would have Forgone her Evil Desire to reclaim a Throne Lost due to Evil and Truly Lead these Slaves to Free Will rather than HER OWN WILL......
Of course they are still soldiers... That makes no sense! Just because they are freed doesn't mean they suddenly forget all their training.

Also, it is definitely a choice. To my understanding the unsullied fight for her because THEY SUPPORT HER CAUSE, not because they are forced to. Well, I guess you could say they were forced to originally when they were first bought because she gave up one of her dragons for the 8k unsullied and used them to sack the city of filled with the original Slave Masters. But after that she granted them their freedom and asked them to join her & fight for her AS FREE MEN.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are still soldiers... That makes no sense! Just because they are freed doesn't mean they suddenly forget all their training.

Also, it is definitely a choice. To my understanding the unsullied fight for her because THEY SUPPORT HER CAUSE, not because they are forced to. Well, I guess you could say they were forced to originally when they were first bought because she gave up one of her dragons for the 8k unsullied and used them to sack the city of filled with the original Slave Masters. But after that she granted them their freedom and asked them to join her & fight for her AS FREE MEN.
How can Slaves from Birth Understand Politics from a Different Continent, Unless through HER Words...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me Put it this way.

If through a show of Utter Power I free Life Long Black Slaves, who Pick Cotton, and give them a Choice, Pick Cotton for Me (and then Rationalize it through Words) or go and do whatever you want but I wont help you....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Slaves from Birth Understand Politics from a Different Continent, Unless through HER Words...

Let me Put it this way.

If through a show of Utter Power I free Life Long Black Slaves, who Pick Cotton, and give them a Choice, Pick Cotton for Me (and then Rationalize it through Words) or go and do whatever you want but I wont help you....

How is that evil if they still have the choice? If they don't want to pick cotton or fight as a soldier, then go sell tires or take up farming. Just because they don't get help doesn't make it unfair. Welcome to the free world. I'm not sure how you aren't understanding this?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that evil if they still have the choice? If they don't want to pick cotton or fight as a soldier, then go sell tires or take up farming. Just because they don't get help doesn't make it unfair. Welcome to the free world. I'm not sure how you aren't understanding this?

Wow, just Wow.

So, Join me in the same Structure your Life as Slaves has Entailed or Enter the Unknown is a Choice to you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just Wow.

So, Join me in the same Structure your Life as Slaves has Entailed or Enter the Unknown is a Choice to you?
Umm how is it the same structure as a slave? Just because their job is the same doesn't mean they are still treated the same or given the same liberties. A migrant farm worker that chooses to pick cotton can go home to their family and get paid money for their hard work and are still given the same freedoms that we all do. They aren't getting thrown back into chains after the job is done. So understanding that, yes it is a choice. You make the "unknown" sound so awful when it isn't.

You are waaaaaay overthinking this.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm how is it the same structure as a slave? Just because their job is the same doesn't mean they are still treated the same or given the same liberties. A migrant farm worker that chooses to pick cotton can go home to their family and get paid money for their hard work and are still given the same freedoms that we all do. They aren't getting thrown back into chains after the job is done. So understanding that, yes it is a choice. You make the "unknown" sound so awful when it isn't.

You are waaaaaay overthinking this.
They were raised as Slave Soldiers, not as Manual Labor Slaves, Not as Civil Slaves, Not as Menial Labor Slaves, but Slave Soldiers, from Birth.

Slaves is Secondary to the Fact they are Mindless Soldiers, used by a Person with more Power than their Previous Masters. Who is Written as a Good Person. That is what I cannot overcome about the Show. The fact her Family is Evil, and all she Does is Evil, yet Written as Good, or at least something Strong...

Yet does this show not Pretend it is is a Thinking Show, rather than a Non Thinking Show. How many Theories are out there about this show.

I will use this Metaphor as I believe it is 100% Correct.

Hitlers Daughter, Using Nukes and Slave Soldiers, Returns to Reclaim the 3rd Reich. (Now the writers will soften this Blow but it is the Truth). Seriously Her Father Burn People Alive for the Hell of It, and she wants to Reclaim THAT, using what she Uses? Evil!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were raised as Slave Soldiers, not as Manual Labor Slaves, Not as Civil Slaves, Not as Menial Labor Slaves, but Slave Soldiers, from Birth.

Slaves is Secondary to the Fact they are Mindless Soldiers, used by a Person with more Power than their Previous Masters. Who is Written as a Good Person. That is what I cannot overcome about the Show. The fact her Family is Evil, and all she Does is Evil, yet Written as Good, or at least something Strong...

Yet does this show not Pretend it is is a Thinking Show, rather than a Non Thinking Show. How many Theories are out there about this show.

Hitlers Daughter, Using Nukes and Slave Soldiers, Returns to Reclaim the 3rd Reich. (Now the writers will soften this Blow but it is the Truth). Seriously Her Father Burn People Alive for the Hell of It, and she wants to Reclaim THAT, using what she Uses? Evil!
Well, I agree to disagree. Yes, in this show there are thousands of different ways to perceive, theorize, rationalize, etc. As @chf pointed out, that was GRR Martin's intent, and probably why the show is so popular. Granted I did not read the books so I could have a completely different viewpoint.

One more question, preferably just a yes or no lol. But if this is your theory, then do you think the Rebel Alliance in Star Wars is evil because of Flynn? A character that was born a slave soldier and was forced to do horrible deeds, theoretically gets 'freed by the power of choice' and chooses to become a soldier for a different "power". According to you they would be.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree to disagree. Yes, in this show there are thousands of different ways to perceive, theorize, rationalize, etc. As @chf pointed out, that was GRR Martin's intent, and probably why the show is so popular. Granted I did not read the books so I could have a completely different viewpoint.

One more question, preferably just a yes or no lol. But if this is your theory, then do you think the Rebel Alliance in Star Wars is evil because of Flynn? A character that was born a slave soldier and was forced to do horrible deeds, theoretically gets 'freed by the power of choice' and chooses to become a soldier for a different "power". According to you they would be.
Cannot Argue with That...

I have not watched any of the new Star Wars, so I have no clue. But, given what you have said, I would ask, What was the Arc of his "Choice", was it a 1 Minute Scene of Betrayal, Death and Ultimate Power by the Rebel Alliance, or was it a cascading of events in which He was the Learner of Free Will?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot Argue with That...

I have not watched any of the new Star Wars, so I have no clue. But, given what you have said, I would ask, What was the Arc of his "Choice", was it a 1 Minute Scene of Betrayal, Death and Ultimate Power by the Rebel Alliance, or was it a cascading of events in which He was the Learner of Free Will?
Damn you need to get on that! lol

But it is up to the perception of the viewer. It was indeed a '1 minute' scene when he deviates from the Sith. The Rebel Alliance's 'ultimate power' over the Sith is up for debate. However the viewer could definitely theorize that it was essentially a long-time coming.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you need to get on that! lol

But it is up to the perception of the viewer. It was indeed a '1 minute' scene when he deviates from the Sith. The Rebel Alliance's 'ultimate power' over the Sith is up for debate. However the viewer could definitely theorize that it was essentially a long-time coming.
I buy a Rejection of the Evil one has been brought up in a Trillion times more!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy a Rejection of the Evil one has been brought up in a Trillion times more!
Guess I see your point since Flynn wasn't bought and enslaved but later given freedom. Shaky comparison on my part. Disregard!

But I still think Daenerys Targaryen is far from evil.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Hitler's daughter was as hot and regularly appeared nekid as Kalisi (sp?) does, then I would be all for it!

Seriously though, the comparision is a pretty weak. She had no association with her father. The slaves were given freedom by her, if they are unable to make a choice that you would consider to be freewill because of their background, that is not her fault. What do you want her to do? Provide them with free mental health counseling? Send them to history courses for several years?

EVERY SINGLE FAMILY IN GOT has perpetuated slaughter, genocide, mass r*pe, untold destruction, etc. etc. Even the "good guys" have dabbled in such. To compare her to Hitler and the Third Reich is a bit ridiculous since she is not specifically trying to wipe out a race of people, or create a race of genetic superiors. Plus it is FICTION.

To call her "pure evil" is ridiculous. Also, she is probably #2 on the show's nekid hotness scale behind this chick (though the red witch ain't bad, as long as she isn't in old lady mode).

th

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hitler's daughter was as hot and regularly appeared nekid as Kalisi (sp?) does, then I would be all for it!

Seriously though, the comparision is a pretty weak. She had no association with her father. The slaves were given freedom by her, if they are unable to make a choice that you would consider to be freewill because of their background, that is not her fault. What do you want her to do? Provide them with free mental health counseling? Send them to history courses for several years?

EVERY SINGLE FAMILY IN GOT has perpetuated slaughter, genocide, mass r*pe, untold destruction, etc. etc. Even the "good guys" have dabbled in such. To compare her to Hitler and the Third Reich is a bit ridiculous since she is not specifically trying to wipe out a race of people, or create a race of genetic superiors. Plus it is FICTION.

To call her "pure evil" is ridiculous. Also, she is probably #2 on the show's nekid hotness scale behind this chick (though the red witch ain't bad, as long as she isn't in old lady mode).

th

So by that thought, if the Previous Slave Masters gave them the same Choice, and they Choose to Stay they would no Longer Be Slaves?!?!?

I want her to Not Use Slave Soldiers for her Own Ends after a Great Demonstration of Power than the Slave Masters have Exhibited, and have the Writers pass it as a Good Thing...

That is why I use a Metaphor for her. Dragons are not Nukes...

She Used Dragons to Kill a few Meaningless People in a Show of Force in Front of a Slave Army she was about to Manipulate into her Own Goals... Pure Evil...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I would say that there are many, many characters that have appeared on GoT that are far more evil than Kalisi (again sp?).

*Cersei
*Joeffery
*Jaimie
*Tywin
*Red Witch
*Theon
*Stannis
*Littlefinger
*All of the Red Wedding conspirators
*The Mountain
*The guy that turned the Mountain into a zombie
*All of the Sand Snakes and their ilk
*The High Sparrow and his group of fanatics
*Ramsey Bolton
*The assholes at the Wall who betrayed Jon Snow
*A huge horde of undead ice zombie a-holes

etc. etc. etc. etc.

All of these people are intentionally bad folks who mainpulate, kill, and maim to further their own selfish causes.

Trying to convince everyone that someone who frees slaves is "pure evil" in this cesspool of humanity is pretty ridiculous in my book. But keep on keeping on trying god bless ya!

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I would say that there are many, many characters that have appeared on GoT that are far more evil than Kalisi (again sp?).

This I cannot and will not Argue with, that is a secondary reason I cannot watch that show after the scene I have been talking about. There are almost NO Characters worth caring about, because they are Manipulative Evil Fucks.

Its like Breaking Bad, the only good people you want to see have some success, all get Fucked Up for Life, or Death...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I cannot and will not Argue with, that is a secondary reason I cannot watch that show after the scene I have been talking about. There are almost NO Characters worth caring about, because they are Manipulative Evil Fucks.

Its like Breaking Bad, the only good people you want to see have some success, all get Fucked Up for Life, or Death...
It's GRR's style... It's basically hours & hours of watching the bad guys continuously win while the good guys keep getting slaughtered. But he keeps you hooked with the good-guys and gives you a glimmer of hope, right before snatching it away from you lol.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's GRR's style... It's basically hours & hours of watching the bad guys continuously win while the good guys keep getting slaughtered. But he keeps you hooked with the good-guys and gives you a glimmer of hope, right before snatching it away from you lol.
Well, I can say my Hope in the Show was Shattered by One Scene....